Low carb kale smoothie is low in sugar which makes it a perfect detox and weight loss breakfast smoothie. We're using purple kale, blueberries, yogurt, and hachiya persimmon to create a dynamic of healing, weight loss and detoxifying the body with this kale smoothie.
Can we hit 3 birds with the same stone? (I don't mean we throw stones to birds lol). With this kale smoothie, we are going to target 3 things that are concerning us both.
Are you like me who January came and my pants👖 seemed to have shrunk in the washing machine? I didn't even eat anything unhealthy to make me gain weight!
But, as a food blogger, I am creating recipes🍜 all the time, which means I am eating all the time, and sometimes recipes that I'd eat only once a week I've to test them 3-5 times before I handle them to you.
So it's time to shed off some kilos, and what a better way to achieve that goal than eating low carb food for a while. I've been drinking this kale smoothie every morning for the past 2 weeks, and I love it.
The other thing we might have in common is inflammation. I'd stayed off the pain for some years, but suddenly, the pain is back! not too much but I've my left shoulder immobilized by inflammation.
The other matter we've to handle is detoxifying our bodies. If you're like me living in a big city, then you really have to detox your body several times a year. There's too much pollution!
Low carb kale smoothie is the right smoothie to help us hit those 3 birds with a single stone! It's creamy and satisfying so don't panic lol.
Do you normally make kale smoothie? What's your favorite flavor? For me, I just started. kale isn't that common in this city and when I started on Kale, the idea of making smoothie took time to materialize.
I went for purple kale (known as redbor kale), if they're not available where you live, then go for green kales. The nutritional values are slightly the same.
Healthy benefits of this kale smoothie
This low carb smoothie recipe is composed of 3 main ingredients, let's take a look at each separately, shall we?
Kale healthy benefits
- This kale smoothie is a powerhouse of vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber. Kale is rich in vitamins K, A, C, B1, B2, B3, B6, & E. It's a good source of Manganese, copper, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, etc...
- Kale is also very rich in lutein, an antioxidant that protects the eye from potential damage from light.
- A high source of vitamin K which regulates your body's inflammation process makes kale an anti-inflammatory food.
- Kale is a food source of glucosinolates which are cancer-protective compounds.
- Kale has rough skin, which makes it a good source of dietary fiber.
Blueberries healthy benefits
- Blueberries are highly rich in vitamins K and C.
- They've a lot of phytochemicals especially anthocyanins which are associated with reduced risks of heart diseases, diabetes, they offer neural protection & weight management.
- Blueberries are anti-inflammatory food and they can positively affect your microbiome thus increasing your health.
- Also, blueberries support the body when it's performing detox in the lymphatic system.
Hachiya persimmon health benefits
- Persimmon is another fruit that's loaded with nutrients.
- It's a good source of vitamin A, C, E & K. with minerals like iron, manganese, copper, and magnesium.
- Persimmons are a perfect source of antioxidants that protect your cells from damage by neutralizing the free radicals.
- Vitamin A, C, and K are anti-inflammatory and since persimmon contains high sources of these vitamins, this makes it be an anti-inflammatory food.
- It has fewer carbohydrates, making it a perfect fruit for weight loss.
Do you see how this kale smoothie is loaded with dietary fiber? This will increase your bowel movements, hence, helping you to lose weight. This kale smoothie turns out to be a good source of iron if you're struggling with anemia or low bone density.
As you might know already, hachiya persimmon's Glycemic Index is 50 and that of blueberries is 53 making them low sugar fruits. That's to state that this kale smoothie isn't that sweet.
If you'd want it sweeter, then add some dates or a banana. Don't go overboard, we want this kale smoothie recipe to be fit for weightloss and anti-inflammatory, don't we?
Tell me, did you use the same ingredients to make this low carb & anti-inflammatory kale smoothie or did you substitute some? I love its creamy texture and you? I am waiting for your comments.
I love you, and every post here gives me immense joy communicating with you, I hope it gives you a smile as you read it.
My heart to you, Githu.
Have a look at these health smoothies
- Protein-rich vegan smoothie
- Delicious cherry chocolate smoothie
- Healthy cucumber blueberry smoothie
- Healthy green smoothie with apples
- Zucchini oatmeal smoothie healthy breakfast
- Fresh peach smoothie
- Healthy strawberry smoothie
- Weight loss avocado smoothie
- Blueberry detoxifying smoothie
- Anti-inflammatory banana smoothie
- Anti-rheumatoid pineapple cilantro smoothie
Low carb kale smoothie
- A high speed blender
- 3-4 medium size kale leaves
- 1 well ripen persimmon fruit
- 1 tin of yogurt (90g)
- 1 tin water (use the yogurt container for measurement)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- Clean and remove the kale leaves from their stems
- Put the kale leaves in the blender
- Peel the persimmon fruit and slice it before adding it into the blender
- Bring the rest of the ingredients and blend into a creamy smoothie
- If you find it thick, add just a splash of water
- Enjoy immediately while still fresh, because after it will change not only the color but also the taste
- Thank you so much for pinning and sharing this kale smoothie. Comment on how it tasted to you.
- Kale leaves and especially the mature ones are hard to chew, to blend this smoothie into smooth, start with the kale leaves so that the blender can work on them first.
- If you add too much liquid before blending, you'll be left with some small chunks of kale leaves
- Blend ONLY what you'll drink at once, don't store this smoothie, you might not appreciate it that much after storage.
- The more the kale you add into this smoothie the darker the colour will be.