Enjoy this protein-rich vegan smoothie for your breakfast. It's healthy and filling with proteins, fiber, and healthy fats. A vegan smoothie to add to your weight loss diet.
Hi hi, my friend, I hope that life is treating you kindly and that despite it all, you are enjoying the gift of being alive today...
We are experiencing a heatwave in France and in some parts of the world, making it hard to cook or eat hot food.
So I thought of proposing you a protein-rich vegan smoothie to build up your body. You see, your body needs a healthy source of proteins, fat, carbs, vitamins, and minerals.
To achieve this goal, it's better to prioritize whole food vs processed. Commercially available protein powders can be seducing as you just scoop them in your smoothies.
But what you might not know is that they can be a cause of health issues over time. Some of these protein shakes do contain metal like arsenic, cadmium, and lead.
That' why I am suggesting to you this vegan smoothie with a budget-friendly protein source that will not only leave you full for some hours but also will nourish your body with minerals and vitamins.
Protein source for this vegan smoothie
- almond milk
- pumpkin seeds
- peanut beans
You can choose nuts instead of peanut beans but prefer using the whole nut instead of nut's butter where possible because they contain more nutrients. Whole nuts have fewer calories than their respective butter.
In the evening if possible, roast the peanut beans for about ten minutes at 180°, when they are almost done, add the pumpkin seed and turn off the oven and leave them in the oven for the next 10 mins.
Roasted nuts & seeds add a very nutty flavor that you don't find in raw nuts. Roasting also reduces the anti-nutrients that inhibits the absorption of some minerals and even proteins in our bodies.
Zucchini in a smoothie
You might be a fan of spinach, or maybe that's the only green you use together with kale to make your smoothie recipes, What about trying something new?
I've got a zucchini smoothie with oats recipe and a lot of you were surprised to see zucchini in a smoothie.
The thing is you don't even feel the taste of it, there's a balance in flavors in this vegan smoothie that you'll hardly tell there's any zucchini.
Zucchini adds dietary fiber and vitamin C together with other nutrients, so go ahead and add zucchini in your future smoothie recipes.
It's a good way to eat zucchini especially matured zucchini.
I hope you'll love this protein-rich vegan smoothie, please let me know by leaving a word in the comments below.
By sharing this smoothie recipe you support my work and you encourage me to continue creating new recipes, thank you for that.
I love you, stay safe, Githu.
Enjoy more healthy smoothie recipes
- Delicious cherry chocolate smoothie
- Green detox cucumber smoothie
- Healthy smoothie for weight loss
- Carrot turmeric smoothie
- Healthy green smoothie with apples
- Low carb kale smoothie
- Healthy cucumber blueberry smoothie
- Weight loss avocado smoothie
Protein-rich vegan smoothie
- High speed blender
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tbsp flax seeds
- ½ cup mix of roasted peanut beans & pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 4 well ripen apricots (seeds removed)
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 2 cups plant-based milk or water
- First blend the seeds and the nuts into powder form
- Add the rest of the ingredients starting with zucchini in the blender and blend into a creamy smoothie
- You can add some more milk/water if you find the smoothie too thick
- Serve immediately and top with some cherries
- You can store this smoothie for a day in the fridge, so if you have busy mornings, it would be okay to prepare it the night before, though that will alter the texture
- Thank you for sharing and pining this recipe. many blessings to you.
- Different kinds of milk will yield different tastes. Coconut, for example, will give a creamier smoothie than soy milk.
- Make sure your apricots are well-ripened, otherwise the smoothie will not be as sweet.
- You can replace peanut beans with nuts of your choice.
- Roasted nuts will yield a nutty flavor compared to non-roasted or soaked nuts.
- Try this smoothie with milk and then with water to find which one you'll appreciate the best.
- I love you.