If you love chocolate, you must try this delicious cherry chocolate smoothie! It's a super delicious treat that will leave you joyful and energized. Boost your body with this antioxidant-rich smoothie...
My dear friend, this cherry chocolate smoothie is delish! It's an understatement to say it's delicious. It's super, mega luscious! I've been making smoothies like this beets smoothies for years now so believe me, this cherry chocolate smoothie is a real heavenly treat.
My son doesn't like chocolate and especially dark chocolate. He told me "you know I don't like chocolate stuff".
Fast-forward to when I first handed him a glass of this chocolate smoothie. Guess what, he now asks for a second glass of this cherry smoothie. That's how good it is!
Yes, this chocolate smoothie is that delicious. My daughter agrees, and told me to tell you that it has her stamp of approval. So sweet you must make it. My friends tasted it too and they loved it.
It's a chocolate smoothie that's guaranteed to lift your moods.
You'll love this cherry chocolate smoothie because it's:
- super delicious
- super healthy
- made with simple, whole ingredients
This chocolate smoothie can be a dessert, a simple light dinner meal replacement, or a healthy breakfast.
Health Benefits of Cherries
- Cherries are a rich source of polyphenols, potassium, and vitamin C, making them rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Also, cherries are a good source of tryptophan, serotonin, and melatonin which are essential in your body as they improve sleep and your moods.
- Studies show that cherries are effective in improving and preventing certain diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, neurodegenerative, and heart diseases.
Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
- Raw cacao and dark chocolate are rich in phytonutrients like flavonols. Flavonols have been studied to have health benefits in reducing heart disease
- Including dark chocolate (above 70% the best is 80% and above) and raw cacao in your healthy diet can help you improve your brain health and mood. Research shows that you increase your learning and memory capacities.
- Dark chocolate and raw cacao are also said to improve depression and anxiety.
- The studies say that when the flavonols get absorbed in the brain region, they do lots of good. They promote the growth of new neurons, protect the neurons from free radicals and improve the connection between neurons.
- Both dark chocolate and raw cacao are anti-inflammatory
A small caveat. Although this delicious cherry chocolate smoothie is super healthy, it should be eaten in moderation. Don't consume chocolate and cacao with meals that are high in fat, especially saturated fat.
Tips for a perfect cherry smoothie
- All cherries are not equal, there are different types, so choose relatively sweet cherries.
- Large cherries are easy to pit if you are using fresh cherries compared to the small cherries.
- Make a good choice of milk, I prefer coconut milk for it adds a creamy texture and also that coconut flavor
- Use either frozen cherries or frozen bananas to create a creaminess smoothie.
Difference between raw cacao and cocoa
- This smoothie uses raw cacao and not cocoa
- Raw cacao powder is said to have undergone no processing and hence it holds more nutrients and phytochemicals like antioxidants, unlike cocoa powder that has undergone high heat treatment
- It contains a high amount of dietary fiber, high Potassium, high Magnesium, and Iron than cocoa powder.
- Cacao is bitter than cocoa.
- Cocoa, on the other hand, has been heated at high temperatures, thus destroying antioxidants and nutrients.
- It’s sweet because it has been alkalized to neutralize their acidity.
So, this cherry chocolate smoothie is anti-inflammatory, good source antioxidants, vitamin c, and minerals like iron, magnesium, calcium, etc. A perfect smoothie for someone with anemia.
I am looking forward to your comments, I really do hope you'll give this smoothie a try.
My love to you, stay safe, Githu.
Get more health smoothie here
- Green detox cucumber smoothie
- Protein-rich vegan smoothie
- Healthy smoothie for weight loss
- Carrot turmeric smoothie
- Healthy green smoothie with apples
- Low carb kale smoothie
- Healthy cucumber blueberry smoothie
- Zucchini oatmeal smoothie
- Weight loss avocado smoothie
Delicious cherry chocolate smoothie
- High speed blender
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 cup frozen cherries (or more than a cup)
- 1 cup cooked & cooled sweet potato
- 1-2 well riped bananas
- 1 cup plant-based milk (add more if the smoothie is too thick) I love coconut for the extra flavor
- 2 square pieces of dark chocolate (70%)
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- Prepare all your ingredients
- Start with blending chia and flax seeds into powder
- Then add all the other ingredients and blend
- Add more milk of you want a running smoothie
- Enjoy this delicious cherry chocolate smoothie
- Thank you for pining and sharing, be blessed