Cucumber has a cleansing action within the body by removing accumulated waste materials and chemical toxins. This green detox cucumber smoothie will help your body detox.
Hi lovely, with every thought of you, I do hope that life is treating you kindly. Would you say no to a green detox cucumber smoothie at this time where we haven't been eating very healthy?
We need to hydrate our bodies for an optimum detox!
The best way to hydrate your body is by consuming foods that are high in water like cucumbers, grapes, oranges, melons, watermelons, etc.
These foods nourish your body cells directly, giving the vital nutrients the cells need to repair and fortify their cell membranes.
Grapes are roughly composed of 82% water, oranges are about 88% water, while cucumbers are around 94% water, making this cucumber smoothie a perfect drink to hydrate your body and help your bowel movements to expel out toxins.
Along with hydration, you'll get other health benefits from this smoothie. It's very high in vitamin C, K, and a couple of trace minerals and a whole range of antioxidants to help your body fight inflammation and other diseases.
Let's look at cucumbers, shall we?
Cucumbers health benefits
- Cucumbers are high in water, low in calories, a good source of vitamin C, K, and B vitamins.
- They have a good number of antioxidants.
- Cucumbers are an alkaline food, they may help in regulating immune-related diseases.
- They've been used in Indian traditional medicine to treat skin problems.
- Cucumber seeds help in reducing constipation.
- Some studies have found cucumber to have anticancer properties.
- Cucumbers have photoprotective activities, meaning they protect the skin against sunburns.
- They are anti-inflammatory
This grapes cucumber smoothie is sweet and you'll find it's easy to make. Make sure to get seedless grapes, I used green grapes because those are what I got, and they add the green color to this smoothie as well.
How to wash vegetables to reduce chemicals
You might not always go for organic food as they are pricy, aren't they? To avoid ingesting all chemicals on the fruits and veggies here is a way to wash them;
- Wash your veggies and fruits first to remove all dirt
- In a big bowl add 1 tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda
- Add a large amount of water, mix well with your hands
- Submerge your fruits and veggies while still whole (DO NOT CUT OR SLICE THEM)
- Let the veggies and fruits soak for about 10 minutes.
- Rince again and they're ready for consumption.
- NOTE; fruits like berries are delicate and demands a short soaking period.
I will leave you to prepare your shopping list because you need to make this cucumber smoothie, I am sure you'll love it.
The best is to drink this cucumber smoothie immediately, otherwise, you'll to shake or mix it again before drinking as it might create layers...
Please do share your opinion by commenting here below, support this blog by sharing & pinning this cucumber smoothie. Many blessings to you, thank you for being here.
My love to you, Githu.
Here are some more healthy smoothies for you
- Healthy smoothie for weight loss
- Protein-rich vegan smoothie
- Delicious cherry chocolate smoothie
- Carrot turmeric smoothie
- Healthy green smoothie with apples
- Low carb kale smoothie
- Healthy cucumber blueberry smoothie
- Zucchini oatmeal smoothie
- Weight loss avocado smoothie
- Blueberry detoxifying smoothie
Green detox cucumber smoothie
- A high speed blender
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 medium size english cucumber diced and frozen
- a handful of seedless green grapes (cleaned)
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and mix at a high speed
- Serve immidiately
- Thank you for sharing this cucumber smoothie