Get the healthiest and fat burning weight loss avocado smoothie for breakfast. This avocado spinach smoothie is creamy with just a few ingredients. It's a weight loss smoothie with low carbs. Get the benefits of avocado smoothie as it keeps you satisfied for hours as well as fight your inflammation.
PLEASE NOTE; this weight loss avocado smoothie is SUGAR-FREE but HIGH in healthy FAT!
"huh, I am going to see what's in the next door!"
What! wait a minute, you ain't even curious to know how this Avocado Smoothie is tasting? I thought you love green smoothies, and especially avocado smoothie!
"Of course, I do! but I have never heard of a sugar-free smoothie!"
I understand you, when we talk of smoothie recipes, what immediately comes in mind are tropical smoothies which I admit are somehow loaded with sugar.
Even if fruits are super healthy, sometimes it is recommendable to give your body some break off sugar!
And what a better way to enjoy that break, than trying out something new like this avocado coconut smoothie.
Besides, if you know of someone who is suffering from diabetes, high weight, cardiovascular disease, or Alzheimer's disease, please handle them this avocado smoothie recipe, it
"Mmmh..., I am getting confused, did you say high weight and cardiovascular? because... your smoothie is HIGH IN FAT!
Yes, my dear, this weight loss smoothie is loaded with high healthy fats and a lot of health benefits.
Here, can I hand you this glass of weight loss avocado smoothie? It has ONLY 4 ingredients… okay 5, if you count salt.
"You must be kidding, aren't you?"
Please just take a sip and don't be judgemental, try to enjoy it slowly as I try to explain why this avocado smoothie with high fat is awesomely good for your health…..
This avocado spinach smoothie includes fresh coconut, Coconut and avocado are high in fat making this smoothie creamy.
Avocado health benefits
- How much do you love avocado? Did you know that you can eat an avocado every day without you growing fat?
- "How is that? I've read everywhere that high consumption of avocados will make me add weight?"
- Because avocado is medium energy-dense fruit, about 80% of the edible part of avocado contains 72% water and 6.8% are dietary fiber.
- This dietary fiber is 70% insoluble and 30% soluble.
- Avocado is rich in healthy fats, It has more of Monosaturated Fatty Acids (MUFAs); meaning good fats. It's also a good source of protein.
- Now if you take, high quality of proteins, healthy fats, and high dietary fiber, don't you see that avocado will help you stay satisfied for longer hours thus you'll avoid craving for unhealthy snacks?
- Plant-based MUFAs rich diets help protect against abdominal fat accumulation and diabetic health complications.
- MUFAs, are said to prevent the hardening of the arteries that cut off blood flow and thus reducing the risk of having a heart disease.
- Avocado enriched diets improve blood lipids by lowering LDL-Cholesterol (bad).
- Triglycerides (fats carried in the blood from the food we eat, excess calories, alcohol, or sugar in the body are converted into triglycerides) and are stored in fat cells throughout the body. This is not a good thing
- However, an avocado rich diet raises HDL Cholesterol (good).
- Avocado's antioxidants are cancer-fighting, anti-inflammatory, and will protect your eyes against an aging disease also known as Age-Related Macular Degeneration.
Coconut health benefits
- In this avocado coconut smoothie, I used fresh coconut meat, which makes this green smoothie a super fiber powerhouse.
- Coconut is rich in minerals like Potassium, Copper, Manganese, Iron, and others.
- Coconut is composed of fat, especially saturated (not healthy fats)!
- BUT unlike most other dietary fats that are high in long-chain fatty acids, coconut fat has medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA) which are formed upon digestion of MCTs (Medium-chain triglycerides)
- MCFAs are transported by the blood directly to the liver, thus bypassing peripheral tissues such as adipose tissue, making them less susceptible to be deposited for storage.
- Studies in both animals and humans have shown that consumption of MCTs can result in less body weight gain and decreased fat storage.
- MCFA are easily absorbed and metabolized by the liver and can be converted to ketones. Ketone bodies are an important alternative energy source for the brain and may be beneficial to people developing or already with memory deficiency, such as in Alzheimer’s disease (AD).
- Adding fresh coconut in your diet can help you reduce high blood pressure and also help you in losing weight if you're intending to.
- Coconut offers antioxidants, anti-aging, and anti-inflammatory properties
Spinach health benefits
- They're low in calories, but they come with a lot of minerals and vitamins. Spinach is a good source of vitamin K, which protects your eyes, bones, heart, and brain.
- You'll get a higher amount of Vitamin C if you consume spinach. The only problem here is if you cook spinach, you lose the vitamin C. So the best way to get it is through a spinach smoothie like this one.
- They also have a good amount of Manganese, Magnesium, and Fatty Acids.
- Spinach has phytochemicals such as Flavonoids, Flavones, and Carotenoids such as Lutein and Zeaxanthin.
- There are other Carotenoids in spinach, like Neoxanthin and Violaxanthin, which both have shown to possess anti-cancer properties.
- Carotenoids in spinach are high anti-inflammatory agents that can help in many disease protection like heart disease.
- Spinach contains both chloroplast and chlorophyll, which makes spinach a cancer-fighting food.
- Spinach contains phytoecdysteroids. In studies, these steroids have been shown to increase glucose (sugar) metabolism and help keep blood sugar levels stable. This is very beneficial for people with diabetes.
- Some phytochemicals in spinach can help the body to detoxify.
- Chlorophyll in spinach has anti-cancer, anti-acne, and anti-aging benefits.
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin in spinach will protect your skin from UV damage.
To sum up about this avocado smoothie
- This weight loss avocado smoothie is high in fiber, high healthy fats, it's low in Glycemic index; meaning your blood sugar will not spike up after drinking this smoothie.
- However, this healthy smoothie will boost your energy, fill you up for hours. I recommend it for breakfast or after a workout, ideal also in a sugar-free diet, in a detox program, and in whole 30.
- Obviously, the healthiest smoothie if you want to cut weight or just managing your present weight.
Salt in a smoothie!
"Why salt? "
- Just to enhance flavor, I have made this smoothie several times, and I ended finding that just a little pinch of salt changed the flat taste of this green healthy smoothie.
- Don't add salt without tasting the smoothie first though, you'll add it if you feel you need to. Or the best is to serve some little amount with and without salt and find out what suits you best.
- I only use non-refined sea-salt, and I kinda think that it won't taste the same as with refined salt, so this might slightly affect the taste of your smoothie, and your dish in general.
I've just finished my smoothie, it's for my breakfast, and I can see you have almost finished your glass too, thank you for trying it out. How did you find it?
Leave me your comment below, I'll love to read from you.
PS/ I love coconut and so my smoothie is thick because I add a lot of coconut meat. To start, I suggest you use a little piece of fresh coconut meat. Add fruits if you don't like the taste.
Kissing you a lovely day, Githu
Get here unique healthy smoothies
- Blueberry detoxifying smoothie
- Healthy green smoothie with apples
- Healthy cucumber blueberry smoothie
- Fresh peach smoothie
- Healthy strawberry smoothie recipe
- Zucchini oatmeal smoothie healthy breakfast
- Low carb anti-inflammatory smoothie
- Anti-inflammatory banana smoothie
- Best breakfast for weight loss
Weight loss avocado smoothie
- 1 medium avocado
- ¼ cup fresh coconut meat
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 lemon
- pinch salt
- 2 cups water
- Cut your fresh coconut meat in small sizes and put it in the blender.
- Add cleaned spinach leaves without the branches.
- Peel your avocado, cut it into pieces and add to the blender
- Add ½ water.
- Squeeze in your lemon juice.
- Blend this into a smoothie, keep adding water till you get your desired texture.
- Taste, and if you want to add salt, go ahead. ONLY use a very little amount of salt otherwise your smoothie will be not taste good.
- I use a lot of coconut meat because I do take this smoothie for breakfast hence I need it heavy to keep me going till lunch.
- You can use just a little coconut meat.
- You can add a yogurt too and reduce the amount of water.
- Remember this avocado recipe it to inspire you, so go ahead and customize it to your liking
- This weight loss smoothie doesn't call for sugar, if you wish you can add fruits of your choise.