Enjoy the deliciousness and freshness of this fresh peach smoothie. It's a wonderful smoothie for anyone on a weight loss diet or low carb diet. Featuring summer fruits & squash, this peach smoothie is very healthy, low carb, and is vegan. Make it as your morning breakfast meal.
This smoothie features yellow squash, peach, melon, banana, and roasted sesame. It creates a summer smoothie that's healthy and packed with good nutrients.
Fresh peach smoothie will surprise you. it's filling which makes it perfect to grab for breakfast to kick-start your yet another busy day! Loaded with high nutrients, you have here your summer breakfasts checked...
Each ingredient in this fruit smoothie will play a vital role in your body. This fruit smoothie is loaded with high nutrients; dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, Bs, and K. Minerals like Iron, Calcium, Manganese, Copper, Magnesium, Potassium, etc.
Let's look at each ingredient separately, shall we? You might be wondering, "what's a summer squash?"
- Summer squashes are a variety of different types of squashes that belong to the gourd family, like pumpkins.
- The term summer squash actually means that these fruits in the form of veggies (yes, squashes are technically fruits!) are immature and we can enjoy eating their still soft skins and seeds.
- This peach smoothie calls for a yellow zucchini aka courgette.
- Yellow zucchini isn't that common like green zucchini because doesn't store that well. When you're buying these yellow squashes, just buy a few and check that the skin is very firm.
- Yellow squash will give you vitamins A, Bs, C and E.
- They're high in minerals like copper, phosphorus, manganese, and magnesium
- I will confess to you, I am not a huge fan of peaches and for the sole reason, I don't like the texture of their skin! If you're sailing in the same boat on this, then we've a solution! blend them.
- While peaches can be soft and so sweet, the skin has a rough texture that my kids and I appreciate less. But putting the peaches in a smoothie solves the issue.
- Did you know that white peaches are less acid and are sweeter than the yellow peaches? So maybe it's better to go for the white peaches when making this fruit smoothie.
- Peaches will give you vitamins A and C, minerals like phosphorus and zinc for your bones etc...
- They're everywhere in the markets, it's irresistible not just to bring one home when the merchants are almost giving them away to you hahaha.
- Melon in this smoothie plays a great role in providing high vitamin C and vitamin A beside it being sweet.
- Melon is also high in water thus reducing the amount of liquid to blend this smoothie.
- Add some frozen melon for a more creamy smoothie.
- I love whole sesame beside them being slightly bitter in taste. The hulled sesame is however sweet and I recommend you use them instead!
- You can use tahini as well, both will create a creamy smoothie.
- We need some healthy fats. beside, fat-soluble vitamins need to be consumed with some fat to facilitate the absorption!
- That's why I used sesame but also because I need some Iron and Calcium as I am currently fighting severe anemia. I have always been anemic but this time…
- Sesame is high in Iron, and to reduce the anti-nutrients such as phytic acid, you need to roast them. Pan roasting for ten minutes will reduce some of these nutrients.
- Hulled sesame, however, has less Calcium as the outer shell has been removed, BUT! they have no anti-nutrients which give sesame that bitter taste.
You'll enjoy the antioxidants as well as anti-inflammatory benefits while this fresh peach smoothie keeps you full for some hours, bon appetit.
With all that, am sure you're covered, eat well each day, what you eat has a lot to do with your moods.
Leave me a comment if you like this smoothie or if you make it. I'd love to read from you. I thank you for pressing the sharing buttons
I love you, Githu.
Get here more healthy smoothie
- Healthy cucumber blueberry smoothie
- Weight loss avocado smoothie
- Zucchini oatmeal healthy breakfast
- Low carb & anti-inflammatory kale smoothie
- Blueberry detoxifying smoothie
- Healthy strawberry smoothie recipe
- Healthy green smoothie with apples
- Anti-inflammatory banana smoothie
Fresh peach smoothie
Summer squash, peach, and sesame smoothie
- 2 very riped white peaches
- 1 well riped banana
- 2 cups frozen cantaloupe melon
- 1 cup yellow summer squash
- ⅔ (160g) cup roasted sesame (I use unhulled)
- 1 ½ cups water or orange juice
- If your whole sesames aren't pre-roasted before the sale, roast them for 10mins at least 20mins before to let it cool
- Clean and prepare the fruits by removing seeds from melon and peaches
- Cut the fruits in medium-large pieces
- Put all the ingredients in your blender and blend at a high speed till you get a creamy smoothie
- Serve and drink immediately. Bon appetit