Kick start your morning with this healthy strawberry smoothie recipe. It's loaded with vitamins and minerals to boost your energy for the day
Do you want a concentration of health-boosting healthy smoothie? Then you've to try this healthy strawberry smoothie recipe. Made with dates and cashew nuts to give you energy in the morning, this strawberry smoothie is very delicious.
There's a farmer in my market, who is selling very ripe strawberries at a very low price. He says we've to make strawberry jam with them! but I don't like cooking fruits that much and again adding sugar is no to me.
So we have been getting these strawberries and adding them in almost everything since they can't go for more than a day! you know how these guys are fragile, don't you?
It happens that we are always having a head of cauliflower in the fridge. I love cauliflower. We are also undeniably cashew nut lovers, especially my daughter who goes nuts when there isn't any in the house but can't eat cauliflower alone.
I came up with the idea of hiding some steamed then frozen cauliflower in this smoothie with strawberries. I wanted a creamy sweet smoothie and cashew nuts do a good job in this smoothie.
I added some soaked dates to add more taste and fiber but not ONLY!
My daughter loves this healthy strawberry smoothie, and I'm sure if a kid can love it, then you too you will. Or if you have got you, kids who don't like cauliflower, then, it's time to add cauliflower in a smoothie.
As I said, this healthy smoothie is a concentration of health-boosting properties.
Cauliflower health benefits
- High in vitamin C and K, it's one of the cancer-fighting food.
- It's loaded with antioxidants that, together with Vit. C & K help manage inflammation.
- These antioxidants, vitamins C& K with Omega 3 in cauliflower will help you reduce the risk of heart disease together with brain disorders.
- Cauliflower also aids in detoxification.
Strawberries health benefits
- A mineral and vitamin powerhouse especially in Vit. C.
- Potassium, Iodine, and Fisetin (flavonoid) present in strawberries will support the proper functioning of the brain and nervous system enhancing your memory in the prevention of Alzheimer's Disease.
- Strawberries are anti-inflammatory hence they're cancer-fighting food, they also help to reduce obesity and diabetes type 2.
Cashew nuts health benefits
- Cashew nuts if included in a healthy diet can help to reduce Cholesterol.
- If you are on a low carb diet, then snack on some few cashew nuts just for their Copper. Copper is a trace but a key mineral necessary for survival, of which cashew nuts are a good source.
- Copper helps in the formation of collagen, a fundamental protein for healthy bones and body tissues.
- It's a co-factor mineral that works with some enzymes in your body, for example, the enzymes responsible for your melanin.
- Copper is also essential in the formation of neurotransmitters.
Dates health benefits
- Dates are not only a good source of energy but also a wonderful source of vitamins, and minerals.
- Even though very high in sugar, dates have fiber and other health benefits.
- Regular consumption of dates can offer some protection from colon, prostate, breast, lung, and pancreatic cancers.
- Dates fruits are rich in antioxidant activities that protect your cells from free radicals, thus promoting your health.
- Additionally, they've beneficial effects on neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and Huntington’s disease.
There you go, a healthy strawberry smoothie recipe that will give you great health benefits especially when you're fighting some diseases caused by inflammation.
Thank you for sharing an pinning this recipe...
With this, I kiss you a sweet beautiful day.
Love you, Githu.
You've here more healthy smoothies
- Low carb & anti-inflammatory kale smoothie
- Healthy green smoothie with apples
- Weight loss avocado smoothie
- Healthy cucumber blueberry smoothie
- Zucchini oatmeal healthy breakfast
- Fresh peach smoothie
- Blueberry detoxifying smoothie
- Anti-inflammatory banana smoothie
Healthy strawberry smoothie recipe
- A Blender
- 3 milk plantbased for me
- 1 cup soaked cashew nuts
- 7 fresh dates Deglet Noor (if dry, then soak them) (if using Medjool use 2-3 as they're super sweet.)
- 2 cups frozen steamed cauliflower
- Fresh strawberries but frozen will work too. as much as you want, 4-5 cups or more. Mine were super small so we used 500g.
- Prepare the strawberries by rinsing them under running water then removing the green cap.
- Rinse the cashew nuts and add them in your blender
- Deseed the dates and add them too.
- Add the frozen cauliflower florets (and frozen strawberries if you're using some)
- Add milk of your choice
- Blend at low then high speed for about 30 secs or depending on your blender until smooth.
- Add the strawberries if using fresh and blend again
- Check on the consistence, if too thick add some more milk.
- Enjoy your strawberry Smoothie.
- Please do share this recipe and pin it to healthy recipe boards, thank you so much