An amazingly healthy smoothie is a smoothie filled to the brim with nutrient-dense ingredients, giving the maximum amount of antioxidants while leaving you satiated! This green smoothie for weight loss checks all the boxes.
Dear lovely, the thermometer has started to rise a little in the Northern hemisphere, saying goodbye to the winter season that was quite cold over here!
Soon it's going to be sunny, and we need to get over that awkward feeling of a protruding tummy or some kilos weighing on us! I've got the best solution for you.
A green smoothie for weight loss made with various greens, avocado, yogurt, banana, and spiced up with some fresh ginger and mint. The ingredients have been chosen to give you lots of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals to nourish your cells.
Put aside the heavy comforting winter meals and introduce lighter meals that are going to shape your body in a few weeks! What I love about this weight loss smoothie is that it's creamy and less sugary such that you can have a lot of it at any time of the day.
I use fresh spinach, bok choy leaves, mâche (lamb's lettuce), parsley, and avocado to get the rich green color. Don't hesitate to add or substitute with other greens available for you.
Can you make this green smoothie in advance?
- Personally, I enjoy drinking a freshly made smoothie. I've found that keeping green smoothies for even some hours, the color gets altered by oxidation, and in most cases, the taste isn't as great!
- If you've got time, make your green smoothie and drink it while still fresh! You can, however, meal prep the ingredients ahead of time. Clean the greens, cut off the stems and store them ready for use.
If you're a beginner at making green smoothies, you might need to add an extra banana for a sweeter taste. Otherwise, this is a real treat for those avoiding sugar or dealing with diabetes.
Drink this smoothie regularly, and you'll feel at your best when summer knocks on the doors! Besides, this smoothie is rich in vitamin A & E plus other antioxidants to help you fight inflammation.
Sending you my love, keep healing. Githu.
- You'll love this green smoothie with apples
- Green detox cucumber smoothie
- Weight loss kale smoothie for breakfast
- Protein-rich vegan smoothie
Green smoothie for weight loss with spinach
- 2 teaspoons flax seeds
- a small piece of fresh ginger
- 3 bok choy leaves (keep stems for a salad)
- a handful mâche (lamb's lettuce)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup parsley
- some fresh mint leaves
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 190g tin of yogurt
- 3 cups filtered water (you might need more or less)
- Clean all the greens and avocado
- Remove the stems of each green
- Following the order of the ingredients above, put the ingredients in a blender
- Blend till smooth. Add water extra water if you find the smoothie too thick
- Serve immediately.
- You can meal prep the greens for a quick breakfast smoothie
- I serve huge quantities since the smoothie is served as a meal replacement, adjust the quantities according to your needs by reducing the amount of water and greens.