This nutrient-packed blueberry smoothie is an excellent source of antioxidants that will help your body fight inflammation, as well as keep your weight loss goals in check.
Hi lovely, I've got this new smoothie recipe for when you want a healthy breakfast rich in superfoods to start healing your body at the birth of the day! It features fruits lower in carbs, swiss chards stalks, celery, beet, and carrots.
When I'm looking for an easy but high in nutrients breakfast for us, I often make a smoothie.
The ingredients in this weight loss smoothie have carefully been chosen to feed your body with high nutrients. I made this sweet and refreshing beet smoothie using vegetable juice.
Loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, this blend of fruits and veggies creates a delicious beet blueberry smoothie that is high in fiber to keep you going till your lunch. This beet smoothie also has anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants to help your body heal.
Although this weight loss smoothie takes a longer time and much work than other smoothies, I can assure you, the end results are worth the work!
This smoothie calls for 2 processes. But if you've got a super powerful blender, then you'll not need to juice the veggies.
Vegatable juice with chard stems
Besides wanting to share this blueberry smoothie with you, I thought you'd want a tip on how to use swiss chard stems. Many times I found myself wondering what to do with them once I've used the green chards.
Even though I like cooking chard stems, they're not always my kids' favorite. So I came up with the idea of adding them into our smoothies.
But I was so frustrated with my first smoothie with chard stems, as these stems are very fibrous.
Therefore, I use a juicer to make vegetable juice with celery stalk, chard stems, beets, and purple carrots. Then I use this juice to make a blueberry smoothie using other ingredients.
The purple carrots are hard and fibrous than the orange carrots, that's why I opt to juice them as well.
Beet blueberry smoothie
To make this deep red nutritious blueberry smoothie, you'll need
- chia seed, and
- some carrots
- the above vegetable juice
Put all in your blender, start with carrots, chia seeds, apples, frozen blueberries then the juice, and blend into a sweet delicious beet blueberry smoothie.
Healthy benefits of this weight loss smoothie
By choosing ingredients high in nutrients, you'll improve digestion, burn fat, decrease inflammation, support your immunity, protect your heart and improve your brain function. This smoothie gives you all that. Add it to your menu.
- Beet is rich in dietary nitrates that lower blood pressure and increase blood circulation during exercise.
- Celery will boost your immunity with its vitamin A & C.
- On the other hand, blueberries contain a large number of phytochemicals that will offer you anti-inflammatory and antioxidants properties.
- Carrots are high in carotenoids for your eyes.
- Celery, beet, and especially chard stems, are perfect for hydration as they contain a lot of water.
- Apples will offer you pectin. Dietary fiber that's associated with lowering cholesterol and improving blood pressure.
- Additionally, chia seeds will boost your omega 3. The intake of omega 3 supports brain and heart health.
Lovely, you can use this beet smoothie as part of your detox program. It will keep you nourished while it helps your body get rid of toxins.
Can I juice everything instead?
- While you can just juice everything and skip the smoothie part, I'd like to remind you of the importance of fiber in our health. Fiber is what is going to keep you full for hours, it facilitates digestion and helps in alleviating digestion issues.
- Juicing is a great way to feed your cells with nutrients especially when very ill. However we don't have any fiber in juices.
Hopefully, you'll be making this smoothie throughout the year as it's just delicious. It's a perfect smoothie to help you appreciate celery, I've read that a lot of people don't appreciate its taste in celery juice.
NOTE: If you don't have a juicer, use your blender to make the juice, filter it then proceed with making this blueberry smoothie.
Don't leave yet! here're more smoothies
- Delicious cherry chocolate smoothie
- Protein rich vegan smoothie
- Detox carrot & turmeric smoothie
- Zucchini oatmeal smoothie
Beet with blueberry weight loss smoothie
- Sharp knife
- Mason jars
- 4-5 medium size chard stems
- 2 long celery stalks
- 1 medium beet
- 2-3 medium purple carrot (optional)
Beet blueberry smoothie
- 3 medium orange carrots
- 2 apples of your choice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- Clean all the fruits and the vegetables
- Cut the vegetable stalks into chunks
- Put them into your juicer
Beet blueberry smoothie
- Cut apples and carrots into small chunks put them in your blender
- Add blueberries and chia
- Pour a cup of the vegetable juice into the blender and blend into a smoothie
- Add the remaining vegetable juice as you blend
- Serve immediately. The leftover should be store immediatelt in your fridge in a tightly closed jar/jars
- I use both the juicer and the blender because chard stems, purple carrots, and beets are very fibrous, especially when making smoothies for kids.
- If you have a super-powerful blender, then blend everything. But I can't guarantee that you'll not have fiber from chard stems.
- If you don't have a juicer. Make the juice using your blender, (add a little amount of water to facilitate the blender to blend) filter the juice then proceed in making the beet blueberry smoothie as indicated.
- Chard stems yield a lot of juice!