Bring super nutrients into your healing program. Reduce your inflammation with this simple beet smoothie, it's sweet and awesomely beautiful, made with just a few natural ingredients.
You'll love its color, but more so its taste! It's the perfect anti-inflammatory smoothie to make kids consume raw beetroots!
Hi my dear, is it right if I assumed that you are doing well today? Have you added beets in your smoothies yet? Boost your immune system and fight inflammation, it's a powerhouse of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins.
We love this beet smoothie for its color and the fact that we don't feel the beet's taste especially for my kids who shun away from beets even cooked.
Adding very ripened apricots makes this beet smoothie delicious with that tart taste from apricots. So don't omit these even if you would want to add some bananas.
Made from whole ingredients, this smoothie is high in dietary fiber, making it your best ally for good digestion.
Loaded with antioxidants and other phytonutrients, this beet smoothie is your best bet in helping you to reduce inflammation. But not just so, it's a good meal replacement for weight loss as it's low in carbs.
Health benefits of this beet smoothie
Dietary fiber is what your gut bacteria feed on so that in turn they can produce short-chain fatty acids that are essential for your health in general!
Dietary fiber is also what makes you evacuate without strain! So if you are having constipation, this as a great smoothie to start with because not only apricots are sweet but they help in improving digestion.
This smoothie contains anti-inflammatory properties, making it an ideal smoothie for us who are fighting chronic inflammation! Apricots are a good source of catechins which are great for fighting inflammation.
Apricots are primarily a good source of vitamin A.
You'll get the anti-inflammatory and antioxidants from beetroots which are high in betalains. These betalains are mostly found on the skin, so choosing young beets that you don't need to peel would be the ideal.
Beetroot is a very good source of minerals like;
You'll enjoy the benefits of cucumber which is high in vitamins C, K, and B.
Tips to make the best beet smoothie
- Make sure the apricots are very ripe
- Soak the cashew nuts to soften them, ideally leave them soaked the whole night
- Choose new or young beets, the red ones are perfect for the color and also for health benefits
- We've made this smoothie with water, almond milk, soy milk, and coconut milk. All weren't tasting the same! So play around till you get the best flavor that'll love... We find coconut giving the best results.
- Don't peel or deseed the cucumber, the skin holds the most nutrients
- Add bananas if you want, but try not completely replacing the apricots, they add the tart flavor that's awesomely delicious, besides, they bring different health benefits altogether.
So, my dear, I hope you gonna love this anti-inflammatory red beet smoothie. I believe that if you add it to your weekly menu, you can see a huge outcome in the course of a short time.
Thank you for sharing this beet smoothie recipe on Facebook and pinning it.
What can I wish you but good health and much love? Do take care of yourself and from me to you...
I love you, Githu.
Here are some more healthy smoothies
- Protein-rich vegan smoothie
- Delicious cherry chocolate smoothie
- Green detox cucumber smoothie
- Healthy smoothie for weight loss
- Carrot turmeric smoothie
- Healthy green smoothie with apples
- Low carb kale smoothie
- Healthy cucumber blueberry smoothie
Reduce your inflammation with this simple beet smoothie
- High speed blender
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup soaked cashew nuts
- 1 cup small red beet
- 2 cups medium cucumber
- 7 very ripened apricots
- 2-3 cups milk or water
- Clean your veggies and fruits
- Peel off the red beet skin especially if it's old
- Deseed the apricots
- Mix everything in a blender till you obtain a smooth smoothie
- You can add more or use less of milk/water according to your desires
- Serve and enjoy
- Thank you for pinning this recipe and sharing it. I love you
- Some cucumbers can be more watery than others, so adjust your milk/water accordingly
- If you don't get very ripened apricots, then you can use half apricot and half banana ratio
- This beet smoothie can hold well for a day in the fridge if stored with an airtight jar