This easy kale salad with quinoa and apples is quick and easy to make, it's fresh and perfect for a healthy light meal to keep you satisfied for hours. You've to make this kale salad.
I told you that I'll be eating a lot of kales salads this winter! Here's another kale recipe; an easy kale salad with quinoa and apples. It's all about deliciousness here gal.
If you haven't tried the marinated kale with smoky chickpeas, you really should. You can't be missing all that deliciousness!
What you'll love about this kale salad with quinoa is the less work needed yet at the end you'll have a complete light meal that's nutritious and filling.
Kale holds well in salads that you can make it ahead without it withering, so feel free to prepare your easy Kale salad with quinoa and apples the night before for your lunch.
If you happen to have mature kale leaves, you'll realize that they are tough and hard to chew especially for kids.
Massage kale leaves with some oil and salt. You can also add some lemon. Press the leaves with your hands. They'll turn into deep dark green.
Massaged kale leaves are soft and easy to chew and you'll realize that massaged kale salad is much enjoyable than just a tossed kale salad.
I like tearing kale leaves instead of chopping them. But be free to do it your way, don't cut them too thinly though.
kale with quinoa salad
If you've some quinoa leftovers, then making this kale quinoa salad will be quick.
However, if you have to cook a fresh, make sure to cook it ahead so that it can cool before making this kale salad.
I've shown you how to cook quinoa in roughly 20 mins.
Kale & apple salad
To achieve the maximum benefits of apples, it's better to use different varieties. All apples are not equal. Granny Smith apple, for example, has the highest fiber content.
You'll also enjoy different textures and flavors.
Kale salad dressing
For this kale salad with quinoa, I opted for a simple vinaigrette. Some lemon, cold-pressed olive oil, and some vinegar.
Whisk these together to make a vinaigrette. Oh, add some salt in there!
However, since you'll be adding avocado and seeds, don't overdo with oil even if it's a healthy oil.
That's it, you can now tell me how you made your kale salad with quinoa. Did you substitute any ingredients, by the way, do you love kale?
My love to you, Githu.
Have a look at these healthy salads
- Healthy herby quinoa salad recipe
- Fresh apricots quinoa salad recipe
- Kale salad recipe with sun-dried tomatoes
- Creamy cucumber salad recipe
- Avocado cucumber salad with melon
- Tomato salad with marinated olives
- Crunchy apple salad with celery & avocado
- Mung bean healthy salad
- Fall healthy salad recipe for weight loss
Easy Kale salad with quinoa and apples
- A large bowl
- Start by massaging the kale in a large bowl with ½ tablespoon oil and some salt, cover and set aside for 10 mins
- Cut the apples and the avocado into bite-sizes and put them in another bowl
- Cut the lemon and use ½ to sprinkle on apples and avocado to avoid oxidation
- After 10 mins assemble the salad by bringing everything in the big bowl with kale
- Pour the vinaigrette and delicately fold everything into a delicious kale quinoa salad
- Taste to adjust the seasoning.
- Take 1 tbs of olive oil, 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and some salt
- Whisk together in a small bowl and voila