This creamy, acid-tart yet sweet apple salad is the perfect salad to kickstart your Veganuary. It's high in fiber, healthy fats and a powerhouse of antioxidants...
Are you looking for healthy, simple, and yet delicious salads to help you lose those Xmas extra kilos?
Are you looking for Veganuary recipes?
This crunchy apple salad with celery & avocado is just what you need.
It' crunchy, and creamy. The fresh mint compensates with its subtle flavor to make this apple salad delicious.
For this apple salad recipe, I chose granny smith apple for its tart flavor. I love the way it's crunchy. Another thing is that granny smith apple has less sugar compared to other apples.
Serve this granny smith apple salad while fresh to fully enjoy the textures and flavors.
Calories in granny smith apple
Granny smith apple has relatively low calories than other apples since it's acidic.
Its calories on the web are ranging from 52-102 calories with skin.
Granny smith apple nutrients
Do you often eat granny smith apple? If yes, then you're among those who eat the healthiest apples.
If you are on the "No" side, then maybe from now on you should consider eating quite often these green apples.
Well, granny smith apple has been ranked to be the healthiest apple. It's high in fiber and contains a high amount of non-digestible compounds that prevent disorders such as obesity (compared to other apples).
Granny smith apple also promotes the growth of a healthy microbiome in the gut. Which in turn promotes your health in general.
Green apples, therefore, help in reducing inflammation.
How to prepare this crunchy apple salad
There isn't much to be done to prepare this apple salad recipe!
You chop, dice and you mix your veggies and fruits to make yourself a delicious apple salad with celery & avocado.
You'll appreciate this apple salad when chilled, in this case, I'd advise you to store your whole veggies and fruits in the fridge, then prepare and serve the apple salad immediately.
This is because once you cut the apples and the avocados they start oxidizing very fast.
Apples and celery are high in vitamin C which is very sensitive to light. Therefore, the more you store this salad the less vitamin C you'll have at the end.
What do you think about this apple salad?
Do you practice Veganuary?
I love reading from you and having your suggestions, leave me a comment.
Thank you for pinning and sharing this recipe.
My love to you, Githu.
Crunchy apple salad with celery & avocado
- 2 stalks of celery (2 cups chopped)
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon
- some fresh mint leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed oil
- pinch of salt
- Chop the celery and granny smith apple. Grate/press the garlic. Add them into a large bowl
- Cut the avocado into two and remove the seed
- Cut the avocado meat lengthwise then diagonally to get cubes
- Using a spoon, scoop out the avocado cubes from the skin and add them in the large bowl
- Squeeze the lemon all over the avocado and the granny apple to prevent oxidation
- Take some avocado into a small bowl and mash them with a fork
- Add to the mashed avocado the oil, the vinegar, and salt, mix to make a salad dressing
- Finely chop the mint leaves and add them in the large bowl
- Pour the avocado dressing on the celery-apple-avocado and mix well but gently
- Taste to adjust the seasoning. Serve and enjoy.
- Thank you in advance for pinning and sharing this recipe. Love you.