This creamy cucumber salad recipe is featuring tomatoes, watermelon, avocado, dill, cilantro, chive, and nutritional yeast that create an umami flavor. A very delicious cucumber salad that you'll love making it all the time...
There's a time I wish I were a bird, not to savor this savory creamy cucumber salad lol, but to fly to places where there's sunshine! It feels like a cold autumn day here, the sky has been dark filled with rain for a few days now!
But, to create a summer mood as we wait for the sunshine, we are enjoying this awesomely delicious creamy cucumber salad recipe, at least it makes us feel like we are in summer.
This bowl of creamy cucumber salad is totally vegan folded with a simple dressing after sprinkling some nutritional yeast, and some fresh herbs.
I love the way nutritional yeast adds that nutty and umami flavor. It also somehow thickens the sauce making it so irresistibly delicious.
Then the fresh herb, I added cilantro (seems I can't go anywhere without it hahaha) chive and dill.
And cilantro and dill have a strong aroma that will make you want more of this cucumber salad.
You must try out this creamy cucumber salad recipe, it's so easy to assemble, just dice and chop everything, assemble all in a large bowl, squeeze some lime juice, add nutritional yeast, fold in with the simple dressing and voilà.
And please leave that cucumber skin on, otherwise, you'll be throwing a lot of healthy vitamins and minerals.
healthy benefits of this cucumber salad
This cucumber salad is perfect for hydration and weight loss as cucumber, tomatoes, and watermelon are mostly composed of water. Avocado will give you healthy fats and proteins
- will give you a lot of vitamin C, but more so it's a good source of Potassium which is an essential mineral for your kidneys.
- Because watermelon is high in water, it makes you urinate more, thus helping in draining off the toxins through the kidneys.
- Watermelon has a lot of antioxidants some of which are anticancer while others will help in protecting your eyes from Macular Degeneration.
- Loaded with lots of vitamins, C, K, A, B6, Thiamine, and Folate.
- Will supply you with minerals like Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Manganese, and Copper.
- Well known for their anticancer properties due to the presence of Lycopene.
- Tomatoes have been suggested to be an anti-cancer food.
- The presence of Potassium will help in regulating blood tension, thus reducing the risk of developing hypertension.
- This herb can help during menstrual cramps, it can also help in reducing depression.
- Dill is great in aiding digestion and has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
I can't write everything here, but at least you have a couple of reasons why you should add this creamy cucumber salad recipe in your menu.
And if you are not in Northern or Southern hemisphere, where you've to wait for summer to have watermelon, cucumbers, and tomatoes, enjoy this delicious savory salad throughout the year, you'll pull a lot of health benefits.
I think will take a train, failure of having wings, to go and find some sunshine lol. Meanwhile, enjoy yourself, and love yourself, it's the most fulfilling thing you can do for yourself.
Please don't go without sharing this cucumber salad recipe.
I love you, Githu.
I gathered more healthy salads for you
- Avocado cucumber salad with melon
- Crunchy apple salad with celery & avocado
- Mung bean salad recipe
- Smoky cauliflower potato salad
- Summer salad cauliflower rice
- Fall salad recipe for weight loss
- Veggie lettuce wraps
- Creamy butter beans cucumber salad
- Easy kale salad with quinoa & apples
- Red cabbage salad with beets & orange
- Mandarin orange with parsnip recipe
Creamy cucumber Salad recipe
- large bowl
- Chopping board
What you'll need
- 2 cups watermelon
- 1 cup cucumber
- 1 well ripen avocado
- 1/2 lemon/lime
- 1/2 cup chopped herbs (cilantro, chive, & dill)
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar (I used coconut vinegar)
- pinch salt
- In a small bowl add the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Chop and dice everything and add to the large bowl.
- squeeze the lime/lemon juice on the avocados
- Sprinkle the nutritional yeast all over the salad.
- Pour the dressing sauce and mix well but gently.
- Serve with a piece of bread or with quinoa, rice or just as it is, alone.
- Enjoy this creamy cucumber salad, and please subscribe for more recipes. Pin it and share it out, thank you.