Smoky cauliflower potato salad is a low carb, mayo-free, and vegan featuring potatoes & sweet potatoes together with onions roasted in smoked paprika. See below the NO MAYO cream that folds this salad into a delicious healthy & filling cauliflower salad.
This cauliflower salad comes together in a short time, roast your potatoes & sweet potatoes together with onions in your oven while you steam the cauliflower florets.
Roasting your potatoes in smoked paprika will give them a smoky flavor that makes this salad so delicious.
We're in the fall season when we've got a chance to get colored cauliflowers. They come in purple, orange, and green colors, they're however very delicate to store as they spoil very easily and fast than the white cauliflower.
Cauliflowers are a good source of vitamins and antioxidants. Purple cauliflower has more antioxidants and the orange hold vitamin A.
In this cauliflower salad recipe, you can use only white cauliflower if that's all that's available for you, it doesn't change the deliciousness of this cauliflower potato salad.
How to make Dijon mustard creamy sauce
- You'll be surprised to discover that this creamy sauce has no mayo or yogurt or any cream!
- To substitute mayo use 1 or 2 steamed potatoes that you'll steam along with the cauliflowers, make sure they are small in size or cut them so that they can steam fast.
- Mash the potato with a fork till well mashed, then add Dijon mustard seed sauce with the rest of ingredients. Please see the recipe card.
This sauce is super delicious.
Assemble smoky cauliflower potato salad
Once you are done with the roasting and steaming, let the veggies cool before assembling this cauliflower salad.
In the meanwhile, chop the herbs.
In a large bowl toss everything together to make this healthy delicious smoky cauliflower potato salad.
This cauliflower potato salad is a meal on its own because it's very filling.
I hope you'll enjoy this cauliflower salad, steam your cauliflower for extra minutes if you like very cooked cauliflower.
Let's heal together each day, thank you for being here...
My love to you, Githu.
Get some more healthy cauliflower recipes
- Summer salad cauliflower rice
- Extra delicious steamed cauliflower
- Frozen cauliflower strawberry smoothie
- Cauliflower-mango spiced sauce
Smoky cauliflower potato salad
- vegetable steamer
Smoked paprika roasted potatoes
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 small Sweet potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 3 whole garlic with skin on
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika (depending on if you like it)
- 1 tsp sumac (optional)
- hot pepper (optional)
- 2 olive/coconut melted oil
- pinch salt
- fresh thyme
Steamed colored cauliflower
- 3 cups colored cauliflowers of your choice, here I'd green, purple and white cauliflowers. Or just use white cauliflower
- 2 small potatoes for the sauce
- 2 cups boiling water
- pinch salt
Potato Dijon mustard sauce
- 2 mashed potatoes
- 2 roasted garlic
- 1 tbsp baobab
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard sauce with seeds
- 1 tsp vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)
- pinch salt
- 3-5 tbsp cold water (you can use the steaming cauliflower water)
- 1 lemon zest
- fresh herbs of your choice ( here I added chives, dill, and thyme)
- Start by heating your oven @ 190°
- Cut potatoes, sweet potatoes, and onions into bite sizes
- On a baking sheet, sprinkle some of the spices together with oil, then add the veggies and spread them evenly
- Sprinkle the remaining spices and sprinkle some salt
- Put them in the oven to roast, after 15 mins, remove them from the oven, try to turn the potatoes and the sweet potatoes, then put them back in the oven for the next 5 mins
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool
- While the potatoes are roasting, steam your cauliflower and the 2 small potatoes
- I place my vegetable steamer in a saucepan, add the cauliflower florets, then pour boiling water. I find it time-saving since the water is already boiling the steaming starts immediately
- Steam for 15 mins or till tender to your liking
- Let them cool
- During that time chop fresh herbs of your choice
- Now make the sauce, take the steamed potatoes and mash them using a fork in a small bowl
- Add the roasted garlic and mash well
- Now add the rest of the ingredients, adding water little by little till you get a creamy sauce
- Assemble the cauliflower salad with smoked paprika roasted-potatoes with the sauce
- Bring in the herbs and mix gently
- Grate the zest of the lemon, mix again gently
- Taste for the seasoning, add hot pepper if you want to
- Enjoy this recipe while warm or store in the fridge if you'd like it cold
- I sincerely thank you for sharing and pinning this recipe
- I didn't include the cooling time as this depends on individuals.
- You might yield extra salad, store it in the fridge and consume it before 3 days.
- I don't weigh my veggies as we eat a lot of them here, the measurements are just a guidance. Adjust according to how many people are being served this ccauliflower potato salad or make more as meal prep.
- I use a lot of smoked paprika, please adjust the quantity to your liking, if you don't appreciate smoked paprika then go for sweet paprika.
- You can also use other spices instead, please do feel free.