Creamy butter beans cucumber salad recipe is a delicious, simple, easy and yet filling salad. The creamy butter beans are soft, combining with cucumbers you get a summer salad that's crunchy and comforting. This cucumber salad recipe comes together in less than 10 mins.
Hello helloo, my dear friend, I've prepared for you this creamy butter beans cucumber salad recipe, I hope you do love butter beans!
This could be the best, easy and creamy cucumber salad that you haven't tasted yet! The rich creamy butter beans add a comforting texture in this cucumber salad, I bet any other beans will not create this texture!
Also known as lima beans, these butter beans are not just other beans! You must get yourself a can of these and you'll know what I am talking about lol!
This creamy butter beans cucumber salad can't be what it is with other kinds of beans!
Butter beans are super duper tender with a creamy kinda texture. They're broad with velvet shiny appearance when cooked. Making them stand out among other beans.
I added some plant-based yogurt to enhance the butter bean creaminess, and I can tell you, this creamy cucumber salad is extra delicious!
You've to get these butter beans lol.
Cucumber health benefits
There're many reasons you should include cucumber in your diet. You might love them because they're crunchy and that you can chew them alone without any preparations.
- Cucumber is loaded with vitamin K, with Molybdenum, Pantothenic acid, Copper, Phosphorus and vitamin C.
- In the scientific world, cucumbers have shown their capacity to scavenge free radicals. Free radicals are responsible for aging and are a cause of some diseases. Hence the importance of maintaining a good balance between free radicals and antioxidants in your body.
- And cucumber is a good source of antioxidants that can help fight cancer and inflammation.
- Do you discard cucumber seeds? What if I told you that these small guys can relieve you from constipation! These seeds are also known in traditional medicines as body coolers.
- Strengthen your bones with a cup of cucumber per day! They're high in vitamin K, which helps in preserving healthy bones.
- Now, this one I don't need to tell you, but cucumber is low in calories! A perfect ally for weight management.
Lima beans nutrition
- Lima beans (butter beans) are low in calories but will give you starch, fiber and some sugar (complex carbohydrates)
- Like all beans, lima beans will provide you with proteins
- But I'd like you to take this with you, butter beans have a very high level of Molybdenum, Folate, Iron, Copper, Manganese, and others.
- Molybdenum is a trace mineral that acts as a co-factor with your enzymes in braking down the Sulfites.
- Butter beans are very high in Iron and combining them with cucumbers and bell peppers, which are good sources of vitamin C will enhance iron absorption.
How to make this cucumber salad recipe
With just a few ingredients, this creamy butter bean cucumber salad recipe will be done in 10 mins, it's that easy and quick.
- Start with buying an english cucumber that's fresh and firm. The longer the cucumber the longer the ribbons you'll get
- With a vegetable peeler get cucumber ribbons
- Empty and rinse canned butter beans
- Dice a bell pepper together with herbs of your choice
- Take a tablespoonful of butter beans and mash them with a folk
- In a bowl bring all the ingredients and combine well
- Your cucumber salad is ready to be appreciated
This creamy cucumber salad can be served as a side dish with some quinoa, brown rice, or healthy bread. However, it's a filling salad on its own if you serve a huge amount.
How to store this cucumber salad recipe
While you can make this salad an hour ahead, I would not recommend you keep it beyond an hour. The cucumber will give out their juice, making the salad too watery.
So it's a creamy cucumber salad that you need to consume it while still fresh.
I trust you on trying these butter beans out! am chilling here waiting to read from you about this cucumber salad, so please comment, and share, thank you.
Till then, my love to you, Githu.
I've gathered some healthy salads here for you
- Mung beans salad
- Easy kale salad with quinoa & apples
- Mandarin orange with parsnip
- Crunchy apple salad with celery & avocado
- Fall healthy salad for weight loss
- Red cabbage recipe with beets & oranges
- Smoky cauliflower salad
- Summer salad cauliflower rice
- A kale salad with sun-dried tomatoes
- Healthy pan-roasted sweet potato salad
Creamy butter beans cucumber salad recipe
- vegetable peeler
Cozy cucumber & butter beans salad
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 long thin cucumber
- 1 cup canned butter beans
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed oil of your choice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (you can substitute)
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp yogurt sugar-free (I used plant-based)
- dust of black pepper
- mince the ginger & garlic together and put them in a large salad bowl
- dice the bell pepper, as well as the cilantro, add them in the salad bowl
- Using a vegetable peeler, get the cucumber ribbons and add them in the bowl
- Add the butter beans
- Take a spoonful of butter beans, mash them with a folk and add them to the bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients and fold everything together.
- Taste to adjust the seasoning, serve and enjoy
- Please do share and pin this recipe