Looking for a sweet potato salad that's healthy, low-carb, delicious, simple, and quick? This healthy pan-roasted sweet potato salad checks all the boxes. It's vegan, nut-free, with just a few ingredients
Imagine that it's burning hot out there, you haven't cooked for days now, and you've got that sweet potato in your kitchen that's almost calling your name, but you've no idea how to cook it! Let's make a healthy pan-roasted sweet potato salad, my friend…
If it's very hot for you like here, then pan-roast your sweet potato at night to use it the next day. Pan-roasted sweet potato is easy and very quick to make if you slice the sweet potato thinly.…
I grew up with white sweet potatoes, and I love them, they're soft and non-fibrous. I like the way they don't overwhelm the dishes and they can go with many veggies. If you haven't tried white sweet potatoes, please do give them a try.
And did you know that sweet potatoes are healthy, and can help fight diseases?
How to pan-roast sweet potato
- Pan roasting is very easy, especially in this sweet potato salad since you don't need to finish the roasting in the oven like the classic pan roasting.
- Clean your sweet potato and tap dry it
- Cut it in halves, then in quarters. Now slice thin slices that will roast easily and fast.
- In a hot pan, spread the sweet potato in a single layer, cover, and let them roast.
- They should have browning parts
- Turn the sweet potatoes using a spatula so that they can roast on the other side.
- Once they are roasted, let the roasted sweet potatoes cool before using them in a salad.
This sweet potato salad is worthy of being a meal by itself, especially when it's very hot out there. It's deliciously sweet and filling. The perfect light meal you're looking for during summer.
To make this healthy sweet potato salad I opted for fresh lettuce, kind of butter lettuce but with small leaves (salanova lettuce). I love the dynamic of textures that both sweet potato and lettuce creates.
You can substitute the lettuce with fresh baby spinach.
Vegan salad dressing
To serve this sweet potato salad I wanted a creamy dressing, that's easy to make and budget-friendly while it still remained vegan or totally plant-based. I normally use my creamy banana sauce. But for an easy and quick sauce You'll need;
- Silken soft tofu
- Plant-based yogurt
- Cold-pressed olive oil
- Coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Nutritional yeast
- Garlic powder
This sweet potato salad is very simple but please, don't hesitate to add other flavors and textures, you can add toasted nuts and seeds for example...
As my daughter would say, "customize your sweet potato salad to your liking", how do you find that?
I hope you'll enjoy this simple yet delicious healthy sweet potato salad.
Have you ever pan-fried sweet potato before? Do you like this way of cooking?
Please do share your opinion by commenting here below. Don't go yet, press on the sharing button, thank you.
I love you, Githu
Healthy pan-roasted sweet potato salad
- A large pan
- A large bowl
- A knife
- A chopping board
- 2 salad spoons
- A spatula
- A Blender
pan-roasted sweet potato
- 1 small-medium size sweet potato
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- thumb ginger
- 1 red onion or pickled onions
- 1 medium butter lettuce or any other kind of lettuce
- some fresh chives
Vegan salad dressing
- 100 grams silken soft tofu
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut or apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons plant-based yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon unprocessed salt
pan roasting sweet potato
- Heat a large pan
- Clean and tap dry your sweet potato
- Cut it into halves then into quarters, don't peel it. Now slice thin slices about ½ a centimeter
- Spread the cubes in the hot pan, be careful on to burn yourself
- Cover the pan and let the sweet potatoes roast till they have some brown parts
- Using a spatula, flip the roasting slices of sweet potatoes on the other side to roast
- Once roasted add salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix
- Let them cool down before serving with lettuce
- You can pan-roast your sweet potato the day before
Vegan salad dressing
- Bring all the ingredients in the blender and blend till smooth
- Pour the vegan dressing into an air-tight jar and keep it in your fridge for it to cool
- Wash and prepare your lettuce as you do normally. Put the leaves in a large bowl
- Dice the garlic, onion, and ginger thinly. (You can also grate them using a vegetable grater)
- Instead of fresh onions you can use pickled onions
- Mix well
- Chop the chives or herbs of your choice
- If your sweet potatoes are cold already add them in the bowl with salad, bring in the herbs
- Add the vegan salad dressing and mix well but gently.
- Serve and enjoy your roasted sweet potato salad
- Thank you for sharing and pinning the recipe.