Garnish your food with no-sugar pickled onions. Loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, add flavor to your meals with these pickled onions each day to improve your health...
Hi darling, how are you feeling today? let's talk about onions, shall we?
I love onions, and more so the red onions, and since I learned of their health benefits in healing, I've made it a routine to make no-sugar pickled onions recipe almost every other week.
How about you, do you love onions? Do you like them raw or cooked?
For me, I can hardly eat raw onions, I find them strongly bitter beside causing gas and bloating when I eat raw onions.
Since I started using pickled onions, I've found that I can enjoy two tablespoonfuls of no-sugar pickled onions each day without experiencing any digestive issue.
Do you have gas or feel bloated after eating raw onions? Try out this no-sugar pickled onion recipe it might help, I am crossing my fingers.
Red onions healthy benefits
- Red onions are high in sulfur, and due to their red color, they are the only onions with anthocyanins making them the most nutrient-rich in the onions family.
- They enhance your immune system and they have anti-cancer properties, anti-asthma, antibiotic, and they prevent blood clotting in the vessels, etc.
- Onions are a good source of biotin, copper, vitamin B6, C, manganese, phosphorus, fiber, and folate
- Onions are anti-inflammatory and have antioxidants properties.
How to make no-sugar pickled onions recipe
Making this pickled onions recipe is so easy and quick
- You need to slice red onions and some garlic
- Submerge them in a mixture of lemon juice, vinegar, and water.
- Be careful not to use too much lemon juice otherwise the onions will be cooked by the acidity leaving them too soft.
- Store them in the fridge and scoop a spoonful or so every day to improve your health.
- Keep these no-sugar pickled onions up to 4 days in the fridge but the texture softens as the days go by
How to use the onion pickle juice
- Honestly, I drink it bit by bit. Since the pickled onions will leave some of their nutrients in the juice, I don't like draining those health benefits in the sink!
- You can use the juice to steam veggies or add it to cooking stew if you can't drink it.
- Add the onion juice into mashed potatoes.
I hope you'll find this no-sugar pickled onions recipe helpful, please share it with others and let me know what you think about it by commenting here below.
I send you my love, stay safe, and keep healing, Githu.
No-sugar pickled onions recipe
- mason jar
- 2 cups sliced red onions (about 2 medium)
- 3 chopped cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- Put the sliced onions and the garlic in the jar
- Add the vinegar and the lemon juice
- Cover the onions with fresh water
- Close the jar tightly and shake it to mix up everything
- Keep the onions in the fridge to pickle. You can use them after 6 hours
- You can keep these pickled onions up to 5 days in the fridge
- Thank you so much for pinning and sharing this recipe.