You'll succumb to the deliciousness of this simple avocado-cucumber salad with melon. The secret lays in simplicity. The mix of sweet flavors and textures will make you love this cucumber salad.
I remember seeing this avocado-cucumber salad with melon back 20 yrs ago in a magazine, its beauty struck me then, though I couldn't read any French.
But, I still hold that image till today. It was enigmatic to me how these small orange melons could be obtained. At a point, I thought that how big melons grew lol.
If you're looking for a summer avocado cucumber salad that's fresh and light with healthy fats then you've it here.
The orange of cantaloupe melon screams summer, while the avocado is seducing you discreetly.
Since I never knew what other ingredients were in the avocado recipe that I saw back then, I've opted to keep this avocado cucumber salad very simple. And am glad I did because no flavor is overwhelming.
You must bite the threesome in a single bite( don't worry about filling your mouth lol)
But the crunchiness of cucumber meeting the sweetness of cantaloupe malaxing all that with the rich and creamy avocado perfuming with the sweet flavor of fresh basil is just WOW!
The dressing is as simple as
- cold-pressed olive oil
- and a pinch of salt
Please do choose a healthy oil that hasn't been hydrogenated so as to reduce inflammation.
Health benefits of basil
Did you know that basil is used to;
- calm pain during childbirth?
- relieve headaches and depression
- improve indigestion,
- get rid of bad breath
- reduce joint pain,
- reduce fatigue
- even to strengthen your brain.
- protect cells from oxidation
- protect against bacterial growth and viruses
- Fresh basil is high in Vitamin A, C, and K. The presence of polyphenols and flavonoids makes it a herb that is used in fighting cancer and inflammation.
Why you'll love this cucumber-avocado salad
- This simple avocado-cucumber salad is highly concentrated in water from melon and cucumber that will hydrate you especially when it's very hot
- You'll get healthy fats and fiber that will facilitate your digestion
- This salad is a powerhouse of vitamin A, C, K, and Potassium. You'll get vitamins B1, B5, B6, and E as well.
- Loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, this is an ideal salad to help you reduce inflammation.
- It's a perfect salad for fighting cancer and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- A very simple yet delicious healthy salad
- It's an easy salad to pack for picnic or summer parties, just make sure to use enough lemon on avocados and store the salad in an air-tight jar to avoid oxidation. Plus don't add salt yet.
I hope you'll love this avocado salad. I am glad that you shared and pinned this recipe.
Kissing you, till next. Remember the importance of living the NOW, that's all the time you have, appreciate it and live it fully…
Love you, Githu.
Get more healthy salads here
- Summer salad cauliflower rice
- Crunchy liver detox salad
- Veggies lettuce wraps
- Smoky cauliflower potato salad
- Healthy herby quinoa salad
- Healthy pan-roasted sweet potato salad
- The best & easy potato salad
- Easy kale salad with quinoa & apples
- Mandarin orange with parsnip recipe
- Crunchy apple salad with celery & avocado
- Mung bean healthy salad
- Creamy butter beans cucumber salad
- A kale salad with sun-dried tomatoes
Simple avocad-cucumber salad with melon
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- A bowl
- Mellon baller
Summer melon-cucumber salad with avocado
- 1 a small cantaloupe melon
- 1 medium english cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon
- some leaves of fresh basil or mint
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
Let's start with the dressing
- Squeeze 1/2 the lemon to get the lemon juice and pour it in a small bowl
- Add the olive oil
- Add the salt, mix well and set aside
Simple avocado-cucumber salad
- Using your sharp knife peel the cantaloupe melon after cleaning it
- Using a melon baller, get the melon balls and put them in a bowl
- Clean and wipe your cucumber
- Using the melon baller get the cucumber balls and add them to the melon
- Get fresh basil leaves and add them to the melon cucumber
- Sprinkle the dressing and mix well but gently
- Serve this salad on individual plates
- Clean and tap dry your avocado.
- Slice it lengthwise after peeling off the skin
- Place the avocado slices on the side of the plate and squeeze some lemon on top of the avocado
- Enjoy this salad, I hope you'll love it as we did here. Thank you for subscribing for more healthy recipes