Enjoy this vegan artichoke & black chickpea recipe, a simple recipe yet loaded with health benefits. Put this chickpea recipe in your weight loss menu.
You'll love this vegan artichoke & black chickpea recipe, it is very easy and quick to assemble. I love the texture that it offers and it's loaded with fiber which comes which will keep you full for hours.
Hi hi lovely, I know there are those days that you just feel exhausted! Literally, you can just hop in your bed and sleep the whole day and night!
I was there, where I could only wake up to go to the bathroom and back to bed, not eating anything because I was so tired and sick to even cook.
Today, I want to make sure that you, dear of mine you don't go to bed without eating nor spending your day wondering what food you can fix really fast and that is healthy.
The best thing with this vegan artichoke & black chickpea is that you can opt for canned veggies, and just warm them a little in some spices.
Just make sure that you buy canned food that doesn't have sugar added (why do they add sugar in everything?) or other chemicals.
Follow this rule of thumb, if you can't read any name of the ingredients on the canned or prepared food, then that food isn't good for you.
I happen to buy canned food now and then, I always choose a single ingredient which has been preserved in water and sea salt only.
Health benefits of chickpea
- With this vegan artichoke & black chickpea recipe, you will get lots of fiber which comes with a lot of health-promoting properties and especially feeding your microbiome
- Chickpeas are a good source of proteins, folate, iron, manganese, and phosphorus etc...
- They're very high in molybdenum.
- Chickpeas may help prevent the development of various health issues, like diabetes, heart disease, and obesity.
- They can help you succeed in your weight loss journey because they're low in calories and they are very filling.
- Garbanzo are low in Glycemic Index, making them perfect for people with diabetes.
- Having chickpeas regularly may help in reducing the risk of having some cancers.
Healthy benefits of artichoke
Confession time! I have never used fresh artichoke. Throwing all those leaves to only get a tiny heart to eat is not just fair lol!
- You have artichoke, they're a good source of dietary fiber, I love artichoke for they've got that soft-meat-texture.
- They're loaded with antioxidants
- Very good source of dietary fiber
- Artichokes are associated with the reduction of heart disease
- They are a good source of magnesium, phosphorus, copper, and Iron.
- Artichoke has vitamins A, C, k, folate, etc...
For this recipe, I used both frozen artichoke and peas. I had some brown chickpea leftovers. You can substitute the Kala chana with white garbanzo beans.
Ideally, you need to leave the artichoke on your kitchen counter for them to thaw for an hour, then cut them in pieces.
Now toss everything in a pan in which you have added some spices of your choice with some oil, (please choose your oils with care)!
There we go! you've your meal ready time to enjoy it.
Did you like this vegan artichoke & black chickpea recipe? please leave a comment before you leave and pin this on healthy, & vegan boards. Thank you so much.
Take care and empower yourself so that you can heal. Ensure to have enough sleep to allow you mind & body to repair themselves.
Check on these healthy recipes
- Best sweet green peas recipe
- Healthy sweet potato recipe
- Celery split pea dinner recipe
- Millet recipe with beluga lentils
- Turmeric mung bean recipe
- Vegan buddha quinoa bowl
- Weight loss purple potato recipe
- Savory adzuki beans with scallions
- Healthy red lentils recipe with fresh tomatoes
- Roasted fennel with mango salsa
- Lentil curry with rice & split pea
Vegan artichoke & black chickpea recipe
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs like basil and chive
- 1 shallot
- piece fresh ginger
- piece fresh turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
- 1 cup thawed peas
- 2 medium hearts thawed artichoke
- 1 cup canned chikpea
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- In a pan add the dried herbs of your choice and let them heat on medium- low heat.
- Chop the shallot and bring them in.
- Mince or grate the ginger and turmeric and add them in the pan.
- Mince the garlic and set it aside.
- Add olive oil in the pan, stir everything together and cover to cook for 2 min on medium high heat
- Cut the artichoke into small bite-sizes and bring them in the pan, add a cup of water stir and cover, increase the heat till the boiling takes place then reduce to medium, cook for about 3 mins
- Add the peas and drained chickpeas, stir everything together. Cover to cook for 3 mins. Cut off the heat
- Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic at the end.
- There we go! your vegan artichoke & black chickpea recipe ready, bon appetit