This sweet potato smoothie is a blend of healthy ingredients that will help you burn fat as you remain satiated for a couple of hours. A perfect smoothie for weight loss!
Smoothies are delicious, easy, and quick to make when you need a healthy breakfast that will energize you with high nutrients while leaving you feeling light yet satisfied!
When you want to lose weight, my dear friend, swap out those hearty breakfasts and heavy meals for healthy smoothies! I love making my weight loss smoothie more nutrient-dense so that they are super filling to keep me off snacking.
And do you know the best trick with a healthy smoothie? You can serve yourself a big guilt-free jar full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants! I normally drink a 900g full jar of smoothie every other day, especially when I want to check on my weight, increase antioxidants, accelerate healing and when I don't feel like cooking, lol, that too does happen!
What makes us enjoy smoothies much is our blender. Make yourself enjoyable smoothies with smooth texture by using a good high-speed blender. This was a game changer for me!
Cinnamon a fat-burning spice!
This sweet potato weight loss smoothie is blended with ingredients like cinnamon, which can help your body burn more fat as it uses extra energy to digest this smoothie.
According to research on obesity, cinnamaldehyde, the essential oil in cinnamon, has a direct effect on body fat cells. It heats adipocytes (fat cells specialized in storing fat), inducing them to burn stored fat.
Flax seeds and weight loss
Add some flax seeds to your smoothies to speed up your weight loss.
- Flax seeds are high in fiber which improves your digestion and helps you empty your bowels regularly.
- Omega 3 fatty acids in flax seeds could increase adiponectin levels (a hormone produced by your adipose tissue (body fat) that regulates insulin sensitivity and inflammation). A low level of adiponectin can cause obesity, T2 diabetes or/and atherosclerosis.
- Flax seeds increase cholesterol flux and reduce oxidative stress which can lead to weight gain.
Ginger and weight loss management
Spicy up your smoothies by adding some ginger! It will add a zesty flavor to your weight loss smoothie while giving its benefits in controlling your weight.
- Ginger has shown its potential in controlling obesity.
- It can inhibit fat from being absorbed in the intestines.
- Use ginger to control your appetite.
- It can reduce the formation of fat (lipogenesis) from carbohydrates.
- Ginger increases lipolysis (a metabolic process of breaking down fat/lipids).
The best way to cook sweet potato for weight loss
- I make this smoothie for weight loss with a boiled sweet potato. Boiling and steaming sweet potatoes are the best cooking methods when considering the glycemic index (GI) that impacts weight management.
- Comparing boiling to roasting and baking, which can have around 82 and 94 GI respectively, boiled sweet potato's GI only ranges around 46. This means less sugar in your smoothie.
- Learn how to boil sweet potatoes
To make this smoothie perfect for weight loss, I use blueberries. Blueberries are very low in sugar, therefore, low in glycemic index. You might need to add other sugary fruits if you are looking for a sweet smoothie.
Use wild frozen blueberries, they add a cooling effect, and they're budget-friendly compared to fresh ones.
If you buy fresh blueberries, soak them for about 10 minutes in bicarbonate to remove chemical residues present on the skin.
Well, I guess that's all I've for you today, my friend. I hope you'll find value in this blog post, and you'll be making your sweet potato smoothie for weight loss very soon.
Please, support this blog by sharing this recipe using the share buttons. I thank you in advance.
Keep on making healthy choices and always remember,
You have the power to heal yourself, Githu.
Get more weight loss smoothies
- Protein-rich vegan smoothie
- Amazing green smoothie for weight loss
- Weight loss kale smoothie for breakfast
- Healthy smoothie for weight loss
Sweet potato smoothie for weight loss
- kitchen knife
- Chopping board
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- a piece of fresh ginger root
- 2 large juicy seedless oranges
- 1 cup cooked & cooled sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon grounded cinnamon
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 1-2 cups frozen blueberries
- ½ or ¾ cup water
- Clean the oranges and ginger root
- Peel the oranges, and together with ginger, cut them into pieces
- In your high-speed blender, put flax seeds and ground them first,
- Add the oranges and ginger pieces
- Blend. If the oranges are juicy enough, you'll not need water/milk, however, if the blender is having difficulty blending them, then add ½ cup of either water or milk,
- Blend till smooth.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients and blend into a creamy smoothie
- Add extra water or milk to dilute into the desired texture
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Thank you for sharing this recipe. Be blessed.
- You can make an extra amount of this smoothie to serve later in the day.
- I only used frozen blueberries, but feel free to use fresh ones.
- For weight loss smoothies, I normally use water, this avoids extra calories from milk. Feel free to use milk of your choice.
- I use silken tofu, but you can use yogurt instead.