This carrot smoothie is a meal on its own! Make it for a healthy breakfast. It will feed you with nutrient-dense superfoods to keep you full for the morning!
This post has affiliate links to help you have ideas of what you can equip yourself with.
My lovely friend, I'm here again, with another smoothie! Well, as I've mentioned to you before, smoothies are one great way of eating vegetables in the morning besides being one of the best ways to nourish your body with high nutrients in their raw form!
So the menu today is a carrot smoothie blended with some spinach, chia and pumpkin seeds, banana, kiwi, and a hint of ginger. Not a classic carrot smoothie, you'd say, right?
But, this carrot spinach smoothie will offer you essential nutrients like vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, proteins, carbs, and phytonutrients like antioxidants, carotenoids, and omega 3/6.
Drinking this carrot smoothie often will offer you health benefits that can help you improve your gut health, reduce the risk of certain cancers, reduce cholesterol and hypertension, and improve the health of your eyes and skin.
Have you tried a carrot smoothie? If you're yet to initiate yourself in adding carrots to smoothies, here below are points that could help you to make enjoyable carrot smoothies.
Are carrots great in a smoothie?
Carrots are great in smoothies as they add texture. Additionally, they are a great source of vitamin A and dietary fiber. Carrots make smoothies nutritious, besides being low in calories, especially in their raw form.
Can you blend raw carrots?
- Yes, you can blend raw carrots. To make a delicious carrot smoothie that you'll enjoy making over and over again, then choose newly harvested carrots. These are carrots with their green tops.
- Young and new carrots have soft fiber compared to mature old carrots, yielding a smooth texture while added to smoothies.
- You don't need to peel the carrots. Use freshly harvested carrots that are firm and easy to clean.
- But the game changer here will be your high-speed blender. Not all blenders will yield great smoothies!
What fruits blend well with carrots?
- Banana makes the carrot smoothie smooth and creamy. The banana adds some sweetness without overwhelming the smoothie with its flavor.
- Mango will make your smoothie quite creamy. Do you want a real treat? Make sure your mango is very ripened, and cut it into cubes before freezing it!
- Pineapple will create a sweet and delicious carrot smoothie. Use frozen pineapple for better creaminess.
- Whole oranges blend perfectly with carrots. The secret resides in getting sweet juicy oranges without seeds. Peel off oranges before blending them whole with carrot. The orange's dietary fiber creates a creamy texture while adding nutrients compared to orange juice!
- Applesauce creates a creamy smoothie as compared to raw apples.
- Frozen wild berries are amazing with carrots. If you're looking for a low-calorie and less sugared smoothie, then add frozen blueberries to your carrot smoothie.
Do I blend carrot and banana together?
- The answer to this will greatly depend on your blender! A good-performance high-speed blender will break the carrot's fiber into a creamy smoothie.
- A classic blender will need extra time to break the carrot's fiber. For this reason, it's better to start with raw carrots and let the blender run for 30sec or more before adding the banana.
- For the choice of carrots, refer to the raw carrots above.
Boost your potassium, copper, zinc, manganese, and iron by adding pumpkin seeds and fresh spinach to your carrot smoothie! Store your veggies and fruits in your fridge the night before making this carrot smoothie to have a cooling effect if you're making this smoothie during hot seasons.
I hope you'll like this carrot smoothie. I don't find it sugary, so add an extra banana if you want to increase the sugary taste.
Keep on making healthy changes to improve your health.
You have the power to heal yourself, Githu.
- Promote your health with this orange smoothie
- You'll love this green smoothie with apples
- Amazing green smoothie for weight loss
Carrot spinach smoothie with a hint of ginger
- a kitchen knife
- A chopping board
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- a small piece of a fresh ginger root
- 4-5 new carrots
- 3 cups water
- 2 kiwi fruits
- a handful of fresh spinach
- 1 big well-ripened banana
- Clean the vegetables and fruits
- Cut off the top part of the carrots and cut the carrots into small pieces
- Remove the spinach stems if you're using mature leaves
- Peel the kiwi fruits and the banana
- If you have a high-speed blender put all the ingredients and blend till smooth. However, with a classic blender, follow the following steps for better results.
- Put seeds alone in your blender and blend
- Add the carrots and ginger. Pour in a cup of water and blend
- Let the blend run for 30sec to blend the carrots completely
- Stop the blender. Now add the rest of the ingredients. Add another cup of water
- Blend and add the remaining water if you still need a thinner smoothie.
- Serve immediately and enjoy
- Thank you for sharing this carrot smoothie by pressing the sharing buttons
- You can make this carrot in advance, but the taste will not be the same as that of a freshly blended smoothie. However, add some lemon to reduce the discoloration and save the smoothie in a tightly closed mason jar and store it in your fridge.
- Remove the prepared smoothie from the fridge about 20 minutes before drinking it.