You'll soon agree with me that this is surprisingly the best blueberry smoothie you've ever made! Remarkably chocking with antioxidants and dietary fiber, this blueberry smoothie is deliciously creamy and very simple.
Lovely, I've got a surprise for you today! It is wrapping some of the best nutrients that your body needs to detoxify and fight inflammation!
You see, during winter you spend much of your time indoors, using transport instead of walking even for short distances, you eat heavy meals sometimes full of sugar and high in fat...
As a result, you gain weight, feel sluggish and accumulate a lot of free radicals now circulating in your body!
This blueberry smoothie is chocking with antioxidants that your body needs right now to reduce those free radicals! It's also an amazing weight loss smoothie because it's low in fat and carbs and surprisingly high in dietary fiber to keep you satiated.
I love smoothies because they're my best way to eat lots of veggies even when I don't want to, smoothies are easy to make when you don't have much time, but above all, smoothies are (when made with the right ingredients) one of the best ways to recharge your body with vitamins and phytonutrients!
They're the perfect food to take when you're sick or want to detox!
You know what? When your body accumulates a lot of free radicals, you end up falling sick!
What are free radicals?
Free radicals are atoms that have lost electrons (let's call them some stuff). In your body, the atoms are like a heavy disk you're holding with both hands to keep it stable, once you remove one hand, the disk loses the stability and can harm anyone or break anything around it.
So when the atoms become unstable they move around harming your cells and even your DNA.
When you breathe in, the oxygen you take into your body is the first cause of free radicals! Your cells use that oxygen for energy, and as a result, there's a release of free radicals.
Other causes of free radicals are
- chronic inflammation,
- chemical pollutants that you use at home,
- air pollution
- some drugs
- high sugary diet
- fried foods
- intense exercise
When there are too many free radicals circulating in your body, we refer this to as Oxidative Stress. This means that there's an imbalance between the free radicals and antioxidants.
The antioxidants are the ones that stabilize the free radicals!
Luckily, your body produces antioxidants to stabilize these free-moving radicals. You've got vitamins C and E, selenium, beta-carotene, lycopene, lutein, and zeaxanthin that act as antioxidants.
Horrifically, as we grow, our bodies lose the capacity to produce enough antioxidants and this is clearly seen on our skins that gain wrinkles.
The modern world, our lifestyle, and the food we eat are constantly causing free radicals in our bodies that it's quite difficult to some extent to produce enough antioxidants!
That's why you need to eat an antioxidant-rich diet!
The power of blueberry smoothie!
Made with foods that are high in antioxidants, this blueberry smoothie is perfect for your body right now!
You may be wondering, what's the magic in this smoothie?
As I stated earlier, your body might have accumulated a lot of free radicals and thus causing oxidative stress, your body could be experiencing inflammation that you're not even aware of!
To neutralize these free radicals, you need to eat foods high in antioxidants.
- Banana offers you carotenoids and flavonoids which act as antioxidants.
- Blueberries are rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidants properties.
- Chia seeds are a good source of minerals, omega 3, proteins, fiber, and antioxidants that can help regulate weight and insulin sensitivity.
- Fruit kefir is fermented water with fruits containing healthy micro-organisms that can enhance your gut health hence your health in general.
- Redbor kale (purple) is an excellent source of dietary fiber, vitamins A & C both of which act as antioxidants, iron, magnesium, and potassium.
You want the benefits of this blueberry smoothie? Then make sure you drink a glass of it every morning for about 10 days, avoid sugary processed food and any unhealthy food for that matter.
Cheers to your health, looking forward to hearing from you. Always remember that
"You've the power to heal yourself"
My love to you, Githu
Must-try healthy smoothies
- 7 incredible reasons to add raisins in your smoothie
- Amazing green smoothie for weight loss
- Beet with blueberry weight loss smoothie
- Reduce inflammation with this simple beet smoothie
This amazing blueberry smoothie is surprisingly what you need!
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4-6 purple/redbor kale leaves (stems removed)
- 1 cup water or more
- 1 banana peeled cut in pieces
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (fresh will do)
- 1 cup fruit kefir or more
- Clean kale leaves and tear the leaves from the stems
- In your blender, put chia seeds and ground them
- Add the kale leaves and water, blend for 30 seconds
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend till smooth
- You can either add some water or kefir depending on your liking
- Serve immediately and get the power of those antioxidants
- Don't forget to share this recipe by pressing the share buttons. Thanks
- I like blending chia seeds first to avoid them jumping all over the mixing bowl