This cucumber and blueberry weight loss smoothie is great for anyone on an anti-inflammation or weight loss diet. It will leave you feeling full & is loaded with lots of antioxidants that are great for your health. Read how this delicious smoothie has helped me reduce allergies, and kept my waist-line in check.
Hi my friend, I gotta a secret for you and it resides in this healthy cucumber and blueberry smoothie.
Let's rewind the time, please.
Late Spring and early Summer this year I had my allergies back after 2 yrs of absence.
I was surprised because I eat very healthy which has helped me reduce RA inflammatory. But, I realized I was eating less of raw food than before.
Unfortunately, my anemia was very high too. This weakened my immune system and hence the rise of allergies.
I was a little devastated because as a food blogger, I'm constantly cooking. Worse was when I was to take photos, because I was constantly sneezing.
I started drinking smoothies and I settled for this blueberry smoothie with cucumbers
Every day I'd take it, I literally had zero sneezing.
However, if I took the smoothie without either blueberries or cucumber, I'd feel the symptoms coming back.
I took this smoothie for quite some time. Sometimes I'd just blend a piece cucumber with a ½ cup frozen blueberries.
These two ingredients are great in supporting the immune system as they have a lot of vitamin C and antioxidants.
Fortunately, my allergies subsided.
But, cucumber is neutral and wild blueberries are not high in sugar. So I created this smoothie by adding other fruits. So that my kids could enjoy it too.
Update on My Cucumber and Blueberry Smoothie
Last week my daughter came home with a running nose, coughing, and sore throat!
I told her that she has to go on a blueberry smoothie diet so that we can beat the flu.
So every morning I made for her this blueberry cucumber smoothie. Sometimes she could have it again in the evening.
In 2 days, the flu was gone and her throat was back to normal on the 3rd day.
We are still taking this blueberry smoothie every two days.
Why This Cucumber Blueberry Smoothie Works for Weight Loss and Inflammation
Loaded with ingredients that will enhance your immune system, you can appreciate this blueberry smoothie any time of the day.
But, kick-starting your day with a healthy breakfast like this blueberry smoothie will not only boost your immune system but also energize your body.
You can opt for fresh blueberries if they're in season, but I go for wild frozen blueberries which are much affordable here.
- To make this blueberry smoothie creamy, I use cashew nuts. They also add healthy fats. But feel free to substitute with other nuts
- You can choose to soak the nuts at least 30mins before to soften them, but you can also use them dry as I do.
- For the taste, I add bananas. They're a good source of Potassium and healthy carbs.
- To add some healthy bacteria aka Probiotics, I use apple cider vinegar. Adding some healthy bacteria into your gut has been shown to improve health.
- I don't peel cucumbers, but I dice them finely making it easy for the blender.
- However, if you have a very mature cucumber, I advise you on peeling it because having some skin chunks can be disturbing especially for the kids, and will prevent them from appreciating this cucumber blueberry smoothie.
- Because this blueberry cucumber smoothie is perfect to support your immune system, cucumber is known to directly nourish your cells.
- It's high in vitamin C which is essential as it helps your immune system to protect your body from diseases.
- Cucumber and blueberries are high in antioxidants that are going to fight the free radicals that are responsible for various diseases.
- Blueberries are described as one of the most powerful functional food as they have anthocyanins which can fight cancer, diabetes, inflammation, protect the liver, the vision, improve brain, prevent heart diseases and many more…
- This blueberry smoothie is a healthy filling smoothie to curb your hunger. Healthy carbs from bananas and healthy fats & proteins from cashew nuts will help you stay full for some time.
- An easy ready to go for when you are running out of time or when you're too tired to cook.
- Did you do some tough and long body exercises? grab this blueberry smoothie for a quick recovery.
- If you're on a weight management diet? here, you have a cucumber smoothie that will be your ally.
I hope you'll love this healthy cucumber blueberry smoothie and make it part of your smoothie menu. Thank you for sharing and pinning this blueberry smoothie.
"Hardships come every day in many ways, all that matters is how you handle them".
My love to you, Githu.
Here are some more healthy smoothies
- Low carb & anti-inflammatory kale smoothie
- Zucchini oatmeal smoothie healthy breakfast
- Fresh peach smoothie
- Healthy strawberry smoothie recipe
- Weight loss avocado smoothie
- Healthy green smoothie with apples
- Healthy blueberry cucumber smoothie
- Blueberry detoxifying smoothie
- Anti-inflammatory banana smoothie
Healthy cucumber blueberry smoothie
- High speed blender
Healthy blueberry cucumber smoothie
- ⅔ cup cashew nuts
- 2 cups cucumbers
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Dice the cucumbers without peeling them
- Bring all the ingredients in your blender and blend to a creamy running smoothie
- Enjoy immediately.
- Don't make this smoothie ahead or don't store it. It completely changes the color, texture, and taste thereafter.
- Thank you for rating and commenting, I do appreciate that.