This bright-colored quinoa salad is ultra-flavorful, it's made with nutritious superfoods to give you the best quinoa salad.
Hi hi lovely, I am all smiling while writing this, but feeling guilty of being away for a long time, and for that, I send you my excuses. Needless to say, I missed talking to you.
To make up for you, I came with this quinoa salad full of healthy nutrients to help you build up your immune system and also shed off some kilos. What do you say about that?
It's Super Delicious,
- Every ingredient in this quinoa recipe is super delicious on its own!
- Bringing them all together creates a very delicious quinoa salad. It's full of flavors and bold textures. It tastes incredibly awesome.
- The red currants have a sweet-sour taste that complements the flat taste of squash.
- Toss this quinoa salad with a flavorful dressing. For us, we go simple, we love combining some balsamic vinegar, cold-pressed olive oil, and some little salt to add flavor.
- The touch of the lemon juice adds that zesty taste.
Very Easy to Make
- You'll make this salad in no time if you have all the ingredients in your pantry. The only ingredient that needs time for preparation here is quinoa.
- Make sure to cook it in advance or use leftover. Cooked quinoa can keep up to a week in your fridge. Therefore, consider cooking a batch of it.
- The rest of the ingredients need to be chopped and diced, combine everything in a large salad bowl and your quinoa salad is ready to be savored.
It's Full of Antioxidants
- This quinoa salad is refreshing, made with superfoods to give you antioxidants that will protect and repair your body at a cellular level.
- To have a variety of antioxidants and other healing properties choose lots of colorful veggies and fruits.
- The more colorful a veggie or fruit is, the high antioxidant content it has.
- This quinoa salad is high in vitamins C, A, & E that act as antioxidants.
- To get the most benefits from this quinoa salad, do buy fresh produce because that's when the veggies and fruits are rich in nutrients.
- Remember that veggies and some fruits start losing their nutrients immediately after harvest. This is quite unfortunate for us in big cities!
This Quinoa Salad is Nutritious
Made with nutrient-dense ingredients like quinoa, almonds, and avocado, this salad is nourishing and will leave satiated for hours.
This quinoa salad has proteins, vitamins, carbohydrates, and healthy fats to feed your body as a complete meal.
It's Kids Friendly
- Oh, kids! I know how hard sometimes it can be to feed kids.
- Even if my daughter loves this salad the way it is, I'd suggest you customize it for your kids.
- The currants are acidic in taste, you can reduce these and add more strawberries and avocados.
- Chop the ingredients very finely, especially the nuts. This will help kids to have less job in chewing.
- Cooking quinoa is an issue for some people, learn how to cook quinoa perfectly. Cooked quinoa has to be soft and tender.
Now, this is something I keep in mind when I want to share recipes with you. The ingredients are easily available in your market, and they are affordable.
The best is to make this salad when most of the ingredients are in season.
Is Quinoa Salad Good for Weight loss?
- This quinoa salad is perfect for weight loss. It has healthy fats, and it's full of fiber that will keep you satiated for long.
- The yellow squash, cucumber, tomatoes, and berries are full of water, which will hydrate your cells. They are low in calories because of their high water content and low sugar levels.
- In general, quinoa is great for weight loss, what matters is what it's combined with and the sauce used to make quinoa salads.
Can Quinoa Salad be Frozen?
- While you can definitely freeze some quinoa salads, I'd not recommend freezing this quinoa salad recipe.
- The ingredients are high in water, which would make the salad soggy.
- The same applies to meal prep. Even though the quinoa will absorb the water content if you packed this salad, the berries and avocado will not hold well for long.
- But having cooked quinoa in your fridge will help you compose this salad in no time!
I believe I've given you a desire to make this quinoa salad. If you make it, please leave me a review by commenting here below.
Till next, eat healthily.
My love to you, Githu.
Here are more quinoa salad recipes for you
7 Reasons you must make this quinoa salad
- A chopping board
- A sharp chef's knife
- Salad spoons
- 1 big English cucumber (diced)
- 1 yellow squash (summer squash) diced
- 2cups 240gm cooked cold white quinoa (mixed quinoa will do too)
- 5 medium tomatoes or 3 big ones
- 2cups 250gm fresh strawberries ( very small sizes if not chopped)
- some red currants (depending if you like their acidity)
- a handful of almonds (chop them using a knife)
- 2cups 100gm chopped frsh herbs of your choice
- 2-3 avocado (peeled & cubed)
- 1 lemon to drizzle on the avocados
- 3 tablespoon Cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (nonsugared)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Put all the ingredients in a small jar with a lid, close it tightly and shake the jar vigorously. Otherwise, use a small bleder to blend.
- Prepare the ingredients in the order of appearing above
- Bring them all in a large salad blow
- Squeeze the lemon all over the avocados to avoid oxidation
- Pour the balsamic vinaigrette on the salad and using salad spoons, gently mix the salad without overdoing and avoiding breaking the fruits.
- Serve and enjoy this quinoa salad alone or with some healthy bread.
- Make a huge salad to replace a meal.
- The salad goes well on itself, it's high in healthy fat and proteins so no need of serving it as a side dish.
- If any leftovers, consume them the next day at most.