Enjoy this dark chocolate quinoa bowl for your breakfast. It's full of healthy nutrients that are guilt-free. Dark chocolate benefits will improve your health, unlike milk chocolate.
Let me guess, January came and you went on a low carb diet to lose the extra kilos that you gained during the holidays. Come February and your loved ones will offer you boxes of chocolate for Valentine! Hard to maintain an ideal weight👗, right?
Here I am proposing you, a marriage of dark chocolate & quinoa in a well-cooked delicious quinoa breakfast bowl, I love the dense flavor of melting dark chocolate. Please say yes 😍!
Make this dark chocolate and quinoa bowl for your breakfast. It's a guilt-free treat and makes the perfect weight loss breakfast that will give you some love.
I am sure you'll love this quinoa breakfast bowl recipe as it's super easy and oh my goodness! it's mega delicious. I have quinoa breakfast recipes in this blog, but this one is really quite a treat.
The dynamic of textures make this dark chocolate quinoa breakfast bowl stand out. You've the tender quinoa, the bitter-sweet taste of dark chocolate, and the citrus sweet juice coming from the pomegranate arils taking this quinoa breakfast bowl to another level, lol.
Dark chocolate benefits
- Did you know that you can improve your brain memory and moods by eating dark chocolate?
- Dark chocolate has been shown to improve depression & anxiety, promoting calmness & contentedness,
- It has been considered as an anti-aging and anti-inflammatory,
- Dark chocolate increases blood flow in the brain,
- It aids in the regulation of the genes responsible for your body weight,
- Helps prevent cancer growth,
- Rich in antioxidants.
How to choose the best dark chocolate
- The best dark chocolate should be the one with no sugar which is 100° cacao but's quite bitter to my taste.
- Choose dark chocolate that's got a cacao content of 70% and above.
- Chocolate with less cacao has more sugar and hence less healing (healthy) benefits.
- Ideally, it would be better if you found raw cacao chocolate.
- If the first ingredient in a chocolate bar is sugar, turn your heels and run away from that chocolate 🏃♀️
- To maximize the benefits of dark chocolate, serve it with some fruits like pomegranate arils.
How to cook quinoa breakfast
I've shown you how to cook quinoa, but in this quinoa breakfast recipe, I want to show you how to specifically cook quinoa for breakfast.
- Cook quinoa in a ratio of 1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups of liquid
- Use 1 cup of boiling water and 1 cup of soy milk ... let the quinoa cook till all liquid is absorbed
- Unlike the classic quinoa recipe, here you'll have to keep an eye on this cooking quinoa
- Cut off the heat and let it cool.
- I'd advise you on cooking your quinoa the night before and just warm it a bit the following morning.
How to Make this Dark Chocolate & Quinoa Breakfast
- Heat the overnight quinoa in a small saucepan, add some little milk to add moisture.
- Add raw cacao powder and stir well, put off the heat,
- Grate some dark chocolate and sprinkle generously, mix,
- Make quinoa bowls and add fruits of your choice that goes well with chocolate like pomegranate or raspberries,
- Grate some more dark chocolate on top and enjoy your quinoa breakfast bowl.
I hope you'll adapt this dark chocolate quinoa breakfast bowl since it's a healthy breakfast with therapeutical benefits. Read about quinoa's health benefits in this easy & healthy quinoa salad.
I don't add any sweetener to my quinoa breakfast bowl. Feel free to add some honey, maple or agave syrup, or coconut sugar. However, there'll be no logic to use healthy dark chocolate and then add white sugar🙄.
You can omit raw cacao and use only the dark chocolate. Alternatively, use raw cacao and leave out the dark chocolate. I use both for their healing benefits, but I'm not a huge fan of chocolate.
The Difference Between Cacao & Cocoa
Did you notice that I am referring to cacao and not cocoa? That's because they're two different things even if they both come from the same plants. What differs is how they're processed.
- Cacao has more health benefits since it is not subjected to high heat during the fat extraction.
- in addition, Cacao is more bitter compared to cocoa.
- Cocoa, on the other hand, has been heated at high temperatures, thus destroying antioxidants and nutrients.
- It's sweet because it has been alkalized to neutralize their acidity.
Now you can go on and make this dark chocolate quinoa bowl for your breakfast. I am sure you'll love it as much as we do.
I love hearing about your thoughts. Please feel free to leave yours in the comments below.
Wishing you a lovely time, and let's fight diseases with a healthy lifestyle.
My love to you, Githu.
Get more quinoa recipes here:
- healthy quinoa salad recipe
- vegan buddha quinoa bowl
- Quinoa millet breakfast
- Easy kale salad with quinoa & apples
Dark Chocolate & Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
How to cook quinoa for breakfast
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup plant-based milk of your choice
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice (you can substitute with cinnamon or ginger)
quinoa breakfast with dark chocolate
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao
- ½ cup milk or less
- 60 g dark chocolate (2 dark chocolate squares will do)
- 1 pomegranate
- sweetener of your choice
How to cook quinoa
- Rinse your quinoa and bring it to cook on a moderate-high heat
- Add spices and salt then mix well
- Pour the boiling water, mix well and cover to simmer for about 8 mins
- Add the milk, stir, increase the heat till the boiling starts then lower the heat to medium-high heat for the next 10 mins
- Now reduce the heat to low and let the quinoa cook slowly till all the liquid is absorbed
Making quinoa breakfast bowl
- In the morning warm the quinoa with some little milk to soften and add moisture
- Get the arils from the pomegranate and set them aside
- Add raw cacao powder to quinoa and mix well
- Remove quinoa from the heat, grate generously 1 dark chocolate and stir gently
- make quinoa bowls and top with as many arils as you want and grate the other part of dark chocolate on top
- Now enjoy your quinoa breakfast with dark chocolate, let me know how you find this recipe by commenting below
- Thank you for sharing and pinning this recipe, kissing you a lovely time.