This salad is nourishing. Make this amazing cucumber quinoa salad with tempeh as a whole meal on its own for your packed lunch.
Hi, my lovely friend, I am checking on you today with this amazing cucumber quinoa salad with tempeh, it also has cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions, a simple quinoa salad yet so healthy and nourishing.
It's gingerly spiced with a lemony zest to make it deliciously flavorful. One thing you can be assured of is that this salad is packed with vitamin C. So no worries on how to boost your immune system, right?
"Psst! I can't get what tempeh is"
What is tempeh?
- Tempeh is a result of cooked and then fermented soybeans. It traces its origin in Indonesia many many years ago.
- So tempeh is like soy, but it has whole beans, making it more nutritious, protein-packed, and rich in dietary fiber.
- Soybeans are soaked, the skin is removed, then the beans are boiled before being fermented using a fungus called Rhizopus oligosporus
- It's firm in texture with an earthly taste
- It's a good source of some minerals such as; copper, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, iron, and calcium...
- It'll provide you with vitamins like B2, B3, B6, B12, etc...
- It's used as a meat alternative.
While I used raw tempeh in this cucumber quinoa salad, you can opt to fry or cook it in the oven for more flavors and textures.
How to store this quinoa salad
Surely, this salad will hold well for a day or two in your fridge.
- Just remember not to add salt as it will drain the water from the cucumbers and bell peppers.
- Using cherry tomatoes is a good idea instead of cutting tomatoes which would end up adding too much liquid, but if you don't have cherry tomatoes, go ahead and use classic tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with lemon to avoid any oxidation.
- Store your quinoa salad in an airtight container to maximize its freshness.
As for the vinaigrette,
- I used lemon
- apple cider vinegar, and
- olive oil
It's as simple as it sounds. But be free to add any sauce or vinaigrette of your choice, remember to make a healthy choice though.
It's time to say good-bye, till next. I hope you'll love this cucumber quinoa salad with tempeh and share it. If you've never tried tempeh, now you have something to add on your shopping list, isn't that so?
I thank you for your presence here, you make and encourage me to keep on working and creating. I am grateful. Many blessings to you.
I love you, GITHU.
More healthy salads for you
- Easy kale salad with quinoa
- Creamy cucumber salad recipe
- Tomato salad with marinated olives
- The most delicious black lentil salad to make
- Here is the best beets salad for you
- Make this sweet radish salad with coconut
- Creamy vegan potato salad
- The best simple mixed green salad
- Baby spinach salad with fruits
Amazing cucumber quinoa salad with tempeh
- A big salad bowl
- A vegetable grator
- A sharp knife
- 1 Medium cucumber diced about 2 cups
- 2 cups Cooked quinoa
- 200 grams Tempeh cut in pieces
- 1 cup Bell pepper (diced)
- A handful of small cherry tomatoes
- a small piece of ginger (grated)
- a clove of garlic (grated)
- 1 Shallot (thinly diced)
- some fresh chives (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 Lemon for the juice
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Bring all dry ingredients in a salad bowl
- Add the olive oil, the vinegar and squeeze the lemon all over the ingredients
- Mix well and gently
- Taste to check the salt.
- Serve and enjoy
- Thank you so much for being here, please share this recipe. Be blessed.
- This will make a huge salad that you can serve a whole meal.
- The remaining can be store for 2-3 days in the fridge.