These vegan whole chickpea pancakes don't have the bitter taste as much as you want...
Hi hi, I am welcoming summer with these vegan chickpea pancakes made with apples because I love summer and I do really love chickpeas, but I think I love pancakes more but eat apples every day...getting confused? haha haha
What about you, do you love chickpeas?
What about chickpea pancakes?
And apples? they keeps doctors away...
To be honest, I started really appreciating chickpea pancakes when I started blending the whole chickpeas pancakes with my blender.
I, in the past, had tried chickpea flour pancakes and it has always left me with a taste that I didn't like, besides, my boy too didn't like it.
If you are like us, I got you covered, these chickpea pancakes with apples are just what you need. You don't feel that chickpea flour taste.
I made these chickpea pancakes with buckwheat groats, which add more flavor and tenderness to chickpeas, (I think chickpeas need some cuddling hahaha).
These vegan chickpea pancakes are ideal for breakfast but...am I the first one to break rules, I served them for lunch and my girl indulged herself as if she hadn't eaten for ages lol.
These vegan pancakes are absolutely gluten-free and grain-free.
I know, some still consider buckwheat as grain while it's definitely a seed.
It's an ancient seed with origins from Southeast of Asia. It's a good source of plant proteins with a good concentration of amino acids.
Buckwheat has a lot of dietary fiber that will help improve your digestion.
Rich in Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, and Sodium. It contains Iron, Manganese, and Zinc. You'll get some trace minerals like Chromium, and Selenium.
Additionally, you will get vitamins B1, B2, and B6. Rich in antioxidants, buckwheat will help in fighting some disease as well as improving your health.
You'll obviously be fully filled with these chickpea pancakes, chickpeas are very satisfying keeping you off from snacks.
Good source of proteins, fiber, and minerals especially Molybdenum, chickpeas will also help in improving your health.
Chickpeas fiber is insoluble, meaning you don't digest it, but the microbiome in your colon will break insoluble fiber into short chain fatty acids (SCFAs) which your cells will absorb and use as a source of energy.
They come with some antioxidants that will fight free radicals as well as protecting against the risk of Cardiovascular Disease, reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure, improve your bone health as well as fighting cancer.
Orange and yogurt sauce
These chickpea pancakes are extra delicious thanks to the sauce I made.
Just an orange and yogurt et voilà, you have a very yummy sauce to accompany your gluten-free pancakes.
Get the orange supreme and squeeze them with your hand. Add a yogurt, I use plant-based.
Mix well with a fork. Pour the sauce on your chickpea pancakes and enjoy yourself.
Here I go, leaving you with these very delicious vegan pancakes made with whole chickpeas to enjoy over the weekend with your family...
Subscribe if you haven't yet, you'll get healthy recipes in your emails.
Talk to you soon, I love you, Githu.
Here are more healthy pancakes for you
- Brown rice + lentil gluten-free
- Buckwheat pancakes with homemade applesauce
- Very healthy oatmeal pancakes recipe
- Cornmeal pancakes with apple relish
- Fluffy vegan pancakes with red lentils
- Guten-free buckwheat groats pancakes
- Split pea oatmeal pancakes
- Mung bean vegan pancakes
- Delicious healthy pancakes with parsnip
Vegan whole chickpeas pancakes
- High speed blender
- non sticky pan
- Sharp knife
- Large spatula
- 1 medium orange
- 1 yogurt
Vegan pancakes with whole chickpeas & apples
- 1 tsp vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- cinnamon chunks / cinnamon powder
- 2 yogurts
- 3 well ripe medium apples / big apples
- 1 cup soaked chickpeas
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 cup water
- 3 apples
Vegan pancakes with whole chickpeas & apples
- Soak 1 cup of chickpeas at least for 8 hours
- Rinse the chickpeas and get 1 cup. Cook the rest or store them in your freezer
- Put all the ingredients by their order in your blender
- Blend for a minute and let the batter stand for at least 15 mins, during this time make the orange sauce.
- Heat your non sticky pan, as it heats slice the apples into fine wedges.
- Pour the batter on the pan and add apples as soon as possible.
- Let the pancake cook well before turning, use a large spatula to slowly turn the pancakes.
- Cook your pancakes at medium-high heat.
- Peel the orange to get the supreme
- Put the supreme in a small bowl then squeeze the juice from the membranes
- Pick the supreme and squeeze them too with your hands to get the pulp and the juice.
- Add yogurt and mix well.
- Reserve this sauce in the fridge as you make the pancakes or just keep it aside.
Serving your Vegan pancakes with whole chickpeas & apples
- Place the pancake(s) in a plate and pour the orange sauce on top using a spoon
- Enjoy these pancakes while still warm, they're so so delicious
- You can add some syrup if you want the more sweet, but remember, too much sugar isn't your friend.
- Please do subscribe for more recipes, kissing you a lovely time over there.