These healthy gluten-free buckwheat groats pancakes are easy, vegan, sugar-free and low carb. A simple buckwheat pancakes recipe you should add in your clean eating diet. Use banana plantain to sweeten your buckwheat pancakes recipe. See the photos for step by step.
Once upon a time, thinking of eating pancakes that were gluten-free, vegan, milk-free, and sugar-free was like daydreaming lol! But things have moved us to new adventures and gluten-free buckwheat groats pancakes are like a signature of that move…
I salute the technology that has simplified life for us. Without the internet we wouldn't be communicating here.
With me sharing with you this simple yet very healthy buckwheat pancakes recipe. Without a good blender, my buckwheat groats pancakes would still be a daydream.
(I just had an idea! I hope it will work, a new recipe is working in my mind right now) will keep you posted…
How to Make Your Buckwheat Groats Pancakes
These buckwheat pancakes are so easy to make, you don't need store-bought flour, which I used to find quite bitter!
All you need is to soak your buckwheat groats for at least 30 mins, you can also soak them overnight. You rinse your groats before soaking them.
Soaked buckwheat groats become glutinous, you don't need to rinse them again, blend them in a high-speed blender with the soaking water.
I always prefer banana plantains to yellow bananas when making my gluten-free pancakes. Go ahead and use bananas if you can't put your hands on plantains.
You can add milk of your choice, coconut milk adds that nutty flavor and makes the buckwheat pancakes fluffy and delicious.
I just wanted this buckwheat pancakes recipe to be easy and simple, with very few and budget-friendly ingredients, from here you can twist it to your liking.
I used cinnamon to spice up these buckwheat pancakes. And I love freshly ground cinnamon, it's mind-blowing! But in this recipe, I wanted to try something new. Soaking the cinnamon stick in with the buckwheat groats!
Break the cinnamon stick, you can use a hammer to do this. Then add the chunks of cinnamon stick in the soaking buckwheat groat especially when soaking overnight.
How to Serve Your Gluten-Free Buckwheat Groats Pancakes
This way the cinnamon will infuse into buckwheat groats. I can promise you, this makes the buckwheat pancakes so sweet.
Enrich your morning breakfast with this buckwheat pancakes recipe.
While you can enjoy these gluten-free buckwheat pancakes on their own, you can top them with any fruits of your choice. I made you some rhubarb chutney. I'll be posting the recipe soon…
Ideally, serve these gluten-free buckwheat pancakes while still hot. They are so so yummy. After cooling down the texture hardens quite a bit.
update; as I promised, get the rhubarb strawberry chutney recipe
I hope you'll love these buckwheat groats pancakes, they're
- Super delicious
- and they spread love, hahaha, am sure you'll feel it when you eat them while they're still hot, grab one when you are still cooking, but don't tell anyone hahaha.
Talk to you soon, remember, the happiness is when you're smiling at yourself.
I love you, Githu.
Don't miss out these other healthy pancakes
- Buckwheat pancakes with homemade applesauce
- Cornmeal pancakes with apple relish
- Very healthy oatmeal pancakes recipe
- Fluffy vegan pancakes with red lentils
- Vegan pancakes with whole chickpeas & apples
- Brown rice +lentils gluten-free pancakes
- Delicious healthy pancakes with parsnip
- Split pea oatmeal pancakes
- Mung bean vegan pancakes
- Savory flourless zucchini pancakes
Gluten-Free Buckwheat Groats Pancakes
- High speed blender
- non sticky pan
Gluten-free Buckwheat Groats Pancakes
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats
- ½ stick cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup water or 1 plain yogurt
- 1 black ripe plantain
- pinch salt
- Rinse the buckwheat groats.
- Break the cinnamon stick into chunks
- Put the buckwheat groats in a bowl, add the cinnamon chunks.
- Add 1 cup of water, cover and leave to soak overnight.
- Pour ½ cup of water in your blender or a yogurt
- Cut the plantains into pieces and add in the blender
- Add the soaked buckwheat groats together with the cinnamon, don't rinse!
- Add salt and blend starting with low then high speed till smooth
- Leave to stand for 10 mins
- Heat a non sticky pan at medium-high heat
- Wipe the pan with a little oil
- Pour the batter using a serving spoon
- Cook till all the bubbles pop out, then flip to the other side and cook for 2 minutes
- Repeat till all the batter is finished
- They are super delicious when hot.
- Top with any topping of your choice
- We ate these buckwheat pancakes with rhubarb chutney and they were excellent
- Pin this recipe on gluten-free/vegan Pinterest board & share with your friends on Facebook