These fluffy vegan pancakes with red lentils are sweet, fluffy, filling with banana chunks melting in your mouth with each bite. Red lentils are loaded with antioxidants to help you fight inflammation and anemia. Let me show you how...
Welcome Fall, I declare it's fall 😂! and these fluffy vegan pancakes with red lentils are perfect to open the ball of fall.
Hi lovely, isn't this year running fast? It was Spring just the other day!
Do lentils only sound curry to you?
Here I am inviting you to a feast of sweetness with these fluffy vegan pancakes with red lentils, you've chunks of bananas melting in your mouth with every bite!
Red lentils are versatile, there're tonnes of red lentils recipes, you can have them sweet or savory, as the main dish, as a salad all the way to dessert. From breakfast to dinner you can always have something made with red lentils.
I created this fluffy vegan pancakes recipe because I wanted you to have a different red lentil recipe, not just curry, you know!
You'll be surprised how this vegan pancake recipe is so easy and simple. It's a healthy recipe that will supply you with iron and proteins. I am anemic and these fluffy vegan pancakes are my go-to when I want to boost my iron intake.
In our house, we love these vegan pancakes, and especially when they are still warm!
Adding bananas in the batter makes these vegan pancakes soft, the raisins bring in a very sweet note, make sure you taste one while is still hot!!
Sorry, I didn't mean you burn your mouth with it lol!
It's a great pleasure seeing my daughter savoring these fluffy vegan pancakes with red lentils, it's not always easy to feed the small kids! don't you agree?
Why you should make these easy vegan pancakes with red lentils?
- Because my kids love them! that's a guarantee that they're sweet.
- They are filling.
- These vegan pancakes are healthy.
- They are easy to make.
- They've good proteins
- They're gluten-free
- Daily free.
- And are sugar-free
- They are made with natural ingredients only
- They're loaded with health benefits
- You can make a batch for a few days, but note that the texture will change as lentils will dry up after.
How to make fluffy vegan pancakes recipe with red lentils
- First, you'll need to soak the red lentils, let's say at night, you can leave them up to 18hrs so don't be in a hurry.
- Rince the red lentils well, and blend everything thing apart from bananas
- Once you have blended the batter, you'll leave it to stand for about 20 mins so that the ingredients can get time "to say hello I love you to one another hahaha
- You'll add sliced bananas in the batter just before the cooking time! I recommend using well riped but not too much-riped bananas.
- Scoop the batter with bananas, use a measuring cup and pour it slowly on a none sticky pan. Using the bottom of the cup, spread the batter just a little.
- You'll need a large spatula to slowly flip these red lentils pancakes.
- Flip the pancake slowly, you'll have to wait for the bubble to pop up, then slide the spatula gently under the pancake, make sure the spatula is holding the pancake to ¾ before flipping it.
- I advise you not using high heat as the pancakes will cook too quickly and burn.
- If you're in a hurry, keep on adjusting the heat, high to moderate and vice versa.
Health benefits of these fluffy vegan pancakes with red lentils
So many that I can't write about them all, but the essential ones;
- These pancakes are a good source of protein from milk and lentils.
- You'll have a good portion of dietary fiber from lentils, bananas, and raisins. Fiber is essential in feeding your gut microbiome which in turn will improve your health.
- You'll get minerals like Iron, this is a perfect iron boosting meal if you have anemia. Other minerals are Boron, Molybdenum, Copper, Phosphorus, Manganese, Potassium, Calcium, Sodium, etc…
- Raisins are very high in antioxidants that will help in reducing inflammation.
- You might be wondering, "aren't raisins high in sugar?" Yes, they are, but the fructose in raisins makes them a low glycemic food. Meaning that their sugar will not raise or affect your blood sugar.
- However, eating raisins in moderation can help improve your health in reducing LDL cholesterol, reducing risks of cardiovascular disease, they can help in weight management as they are filling thus reducing food intake.
- Evidence on the consumption of lentils has been shown to reduce diseases such as diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease, and cancer.
- Furthermore, these easy vegan pancakes are a good source of minerals such as Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium Manganese, Boron, Copper which will help improve your bone health.
I hope I've given you enough reasons as to why you should include these sweet vegan pancakes in your diet.
We don't top these fluffy vegan pancakes with anything because they are already sweet enough on their own. Raisins are very sweet and bananas too.
Go ahead, make these easy fluffy vegan pancakes with red lentils and let me know how you find them by commenting.
Pin this recipe so you can always have it, and also to share with others, and I'll appreciate that, thank you.
" Don't be defined by what others think about you, you're greater than that"
Loving you, Githu.
You've here more healthy pancakes
- Brown rice + lentil gluten-free pancakes
- Buckwheat pancakes with homemade applesauce
- Cornmeal pancakes with apple relish
- Very healthy oatmeal pancakes recipe
- Gluten-free buckwheat groats pancakes
- Delicious healthy pancakes with parsnip
- Savory flourless zucchini pancakes
- Vegan whole chickpea pancakes
- Split pea oatmeal pancakes
- Mung bean vegan pancakes
Fluffy egan pancakes with red lentils
- High speed blender
- None stick pan
- Large spatula
- large bowl
vegan red lentils pancakes
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup plant-based milk (plus extra if need be)
- 3 cups soaked lentils
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- 3 medium bananas
Vegan red lentils pancakes
- Bring all the ingredients apart from the bananas and oil in the blender and blend into a smooth batter.
- Add an extra spoonful of milk at a time if the batter is not swirling in the blender
- Let the batter stand for 20 mins
- In the meantime, slice the bananas
- After 20 mins, blend the batter for a second, then pour it in a large bowl
- Bring the banana slices in the lentil-raisins batter and fold in gently
- Using a cooking brush, brush your cooking pan with some little oil (optional)
- Scoop the batter using a measuring cup for example and pour it slowly on a heated pan
- Cook the pancake in a moderate-high heat till all the bubbles pop up then using a spatula flip it slowly
- Let it cook on the other side
- Serve warm, with a cup of tea or hot chocolate
- Pin this recipe, comment to let me know how you find it