These vegan cornmeal pancakes with apple relish are deliciously sweet and are gluten-free and sugar-free with only 4 ingredients.
Hi my dear friend, how has it been going on your side, are you getting to manage your pain? I hope you are.
Just tell me, you do love sweet corn, don't you? (By corn, I mean maize as well).
And have you ever tried cornmeal pancakes?
For me, it's new, I have eaten maize (corn) for years but never thought of making vegan cornmeal pancakes until recently.
And guess what my friend, these cornmeal pancakes are the best gluten-free and vegan pancakes that I've ever made.
My son said that these vegan cornmeal pancakes with apple relish are so delicious that he can't trade them with white flour pancakes! Count that as an honorable complement.
In this cornmeal pancake recipe I use sweet cornmeal, which is sweeter compared to white maize flour.
Do you know what else you'll love about these cornmeal pancakes beside them being so delicious? The fact that you'll just blend everything in your blender, so easy, so simple.
In this pancake recipe, I tried two different kinds of milk.
You go for coconut heavy cream and heaven will be all yours lol.
The other choice is soy milk, squeeze a lemon in it to make buttermilk.
The photos of these cornmeal pancakes are made with soy milk and they are as sweet. However, I added some coconut oil to add some healthy fats as well as to give the pancakes some moisture.
"What will I get from these cornmeal pancakes?"
Let's see, you'll have proteins, dietary fiber, healthy fats, healthy carbs, some minerals like iron, manganese, zinc, magnesium, etc just from oats.
Corn (only go for organic) is high in potassium, zinc, phosphorus, selenium, vitamin B group, vitamin E as well as beta carotene in yellow corn.
You'll get a good amount of boron, copper, potassium, iron, and vitamin K from raisins.
Either milk will give you some proteins.
Apples will give you vitamin C together with fiber, but more so, they're rich in phytonutrients making them a powerhouse of antioxidants that will help your body fight off diseases.
Remember though, that these nutrients are highly concentrated on the skin.
Now it's your turn to tell me how you are, and how you find these cornmeal pancakes with apple relish by commenting here below.
Can I say something?
I love you. Githu.
Psst! don't forget to pin and share this recipe, thank you😘
Here are more healthy gluten-free & vegan pancakes for you
- Very healthy oatmeal pancakes recipe
- Mung bean vegan pancakes
- Split pea oatmeal pancakes
- Brown rice & lentils gluten-free pancakes
- Buckwheat pancakes with homemade applesauce
- Vegan whole chickpea pancakes
- Gluten-free buckwheat groats pancakes
- Delicious healthy pancakes with parsnip
- Fluffy vegan pancakes with red lentils
- Savory flourless zucchini pancakes
Cornmeal pancakes with apple relish
- Nonsticky pan
- ½ cup raisins or more if you want them more sugared
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup packed organic yellow/sweet cornflour
- 21/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1 small lemon squeezed
- 1 tsp spice of your choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp olive/coconut oil (optional)
- 3 big apples
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tsp spices of your choice; cinnamon/ ginger/ allspice
- ½ cup cold water
- Start with making buttermilk (if you are not using coconut heavy cream) by mixing the milk with the lemon juice and set aside for 2-3 mins
- Bring all the ingredients into your blender and blend into a smooth batter.
- If you find the batter is too thick add some more milk
- Let the batter stand for about 10 mins while you prepare the apple relish
- Then cook your cornflour pancakes
- Cut your apples into your desired shape
- Add all the ingredients in a pan and cook at medium-low heat for about 10 mins
- The apples should be soft without falling apart
- Set them aside as you cook the cornflour pancakes
Serving cornflour pancakes with apple relish
- On individual plates place the pancakes then pour the apple relish on top.
- These pancakes and relish have enough sugar so please avoid adding some more.
- Enjoy them warm
- Thank you for leaving a comment if you're inspired, share and pin this recipe, please. Much love.