Enjoy the deliciousness of this super simple chickpea stew as a side dish. This chickpea stew is super easy to make, it's vegan and low in carbs, a perfect weight loss meal...
Hi hi lovely, close your eyes. Think about this very moment. Think about yourself. Do you feel the love? You should. That what fuels your day.
Today, I am sharing with you some love with this super simple chickpea stew. It's so simple to make, it's super delicious and you just need a few ingredients to assemble it.
A healthy healing as well as a weight loss recipe. This chickpea stew is using whole ingredients that you might already have in your pantry.
I know you love chickpeas, who doesn't anyway? hahaha. But do you love leeks? They're great and they give this stew that beautiful green color. I used only the green part but you can use a whole leek.
Leeks are a good source of Vitamin K, which has been suggested to improve bone density. A good reason to eat a lot of leeks, especially when you've a disease affecting bones.
- In this super simple chickpea stew, I used homemade chickpea.
- You just need to soak a cup of dry chickpea in 3cups of water for at least 8hrs. Rinse them.
- Then cook your chickpea in high heat for about 30mins. If you love them very soft then prolong the cooking time.
Otherwise, if you don't have time, buy a can of chickpea. Be careful to read the ingredients.
When I am buying canned chickpea, I go for those packed in water and sea salt ONLY.
To speed up this super simple chickpea stew, if you're using leek greens, add a dust of bicarbonate of soda. Just a little amount. The leeks are going to be tender and cook fast in less than 5mins. This also keeps them super green.
Make sure to use ONLY a LITTLE AMOUNT OF BICARBONATE OF SODA! otherwise you'll find yourself with pureed veggies and the flavor might be altered
In this chickpea stew we're using a simple carrot sauce instead of heavy creams, it's sweet and you'll find it's a healthier choice.
The carrot sauce creates the glowing of this chickpea stew, adds flavor, making this chickpea stew super delicious. This carrot sauce is easy to make and you can make it ahead and store it in the fridge.
So, give yourself lots of love and let's head to the kitchen!
Please don't forget to share, thank you.
Looking for more healthy recipes?
- Lentil curry with brown rice & split peas
- Best sweet green peas recipe
- Vegan buddha quinoa bowl
- Perfect brown rice risotto
- Seasoned oven-baked potato wedges
- Turmeric mung bean recipe
- Baked tofu in smoked paprika
- Purple potato recipe
- Savory adzuki beans with scallions
- Millet recipe with beluga lentils
- Celery split pea recipe dinner
Super Simple Chickpea Stew
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp spices of your choice
- 2 medium carrots
- a bunch of green leeks (about 4 leeks)
- 1 cup cooked chickpea
- ½ cup vegetable broth or boiling water
- ⅔ cup creamy carrot sauce
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbs Cold pressed olive oil
- dust of bicarbonate soda.
- ground black pepper
- In a pan heat the spices of your choice on low heat as you mince the garlic.
- Bring the minced garlic, add the olive oil and stir. cover
- Chop the leek's green and add them in the pan, raise heat to high, stir, sprinkle with bicarbonate (JUST A LITTLE) stir again, and then cover. Cook for 5mins stirring now and then
- After 5mins, bring in the diced carrots. Stir, and cover for 2 mins
- Add the broth or boiling water and let it cook for about 8 mins. If you are using bicarbonate, the cooking time will reduce.
- Add the creamy carrot sauce and stir in for 1-2 mins.
- Remove from the fire, add salt, ground black pepper, and mix everything well.
- Serve hot.
- Thank you for pining and sharing this recipe
- Seriously, I don't weigh veggies. We eat them alone as our main meal sometimes. So use as many leeks and carrots depending on your appetite, Number of people you're cooking for, etc.
- To chop veggies without a lot of hassle, use a sharp chef knife. Small knives will always demand more effort when chopping something hard, which can cause pain in your joints.