You want to lose weight? You want to detoxify your body and feel light and healthy? This blueberry detox smoothie will be your best bet. It's not just healthy... it's creamy and delicious. Who would have thought "Healthy" could taste this good!!!
We are bombarded with polluted air, polluted food, and our environment is polluted too!
You might not know but you're exposed to heavy metals every day, be it through the air; cars, perfumes, etc or through food that's been grown using chemicals!
If you eat a lot of large fish, note that these guys are full of heavy metals that will end up in your body.
This blueberry detoxifying smoothie will be your best friend.
It will not only be satisfying but also will be healing, repairing and will help you flush off metals that have been accumulating in your body!
A perfect cleansing smoothie for weight loss too. It's low in calories and really good at detoxifying your body.
It'll cleanse your liver leaving you feeling great!
Okay okay, dear. I don't mean just the one glass of this blueberry smoothie will get rid of all the toxins. However, regular consumption will really do you good.
I know, you are eager to know how this blueberry detoxifying smoothie works!
Let me show you.
This detoxifying smoothie contains 2 key ingredients - Cilantro and blueberries. It also has other goodies in there…..
Detoxify your body with Cilantro
It's the herb to have in your kitchen dear. Cilantro is highly reputed as a medicinal herb. It's used in household treatments for cold, seasonal fever, nausea, vomiting, stomach disorders.
In India, cilantro has been used to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis. Cilantro has
- Lutein, and
- Zeaxanthin which possess antioxidants properties.
Now you're asking, "how does that detoxify the body?"
Here is what I found out:
- Cilantro has the ability to bind to heavy metals and eliminate them from the body. A study done on mice showed that cilantro was found to reduce the accumulation of Lead in mice.
- In a separate research program on purifying water off heavy industrial metals in Mexico, Cilantro was used once again. In this study, cilantro was used as a filter to make water consumable, due to its ability to absorb metals.
As you can see, cilantro is very important in this cleansing smoothie.
Cleanse your body with Parsely
Here's another herb that you will love. parsley is also known for its medicinal properties. It has been used to resolve:
- gastrointestinal disorders,
- digestive inflammation,
- skin dermatitis
- and is employed as a diuretic.
Like cilantro, parsley has been shown to absorb lead from water.
This means that in this detox smoothie, parsley will bind to some metals in your body and help to flush them off.
Lemon is great in liver cleanse
This is another of my favorite fruits. Lemon has vitamin C which is linked in treating several diseases.
Vitamin C is essential as it increases the level of antioxidants in your body, especially GSH. Here's how GSH works in your body:
- When GSH is low, your body becomes weak and you fall sick easily.
- GSH plays a critical role in protecting cells from oxidative damage and aging.
- It helps detoxify your body of toxins and metals.
- By the way, you should take Glutathione supplements, particularly if you're on medication due to chronic illness.
- On another note, Vitamin C flushes out fat from your liver.
Blueberries Help Eliminate Heavy Metals from Your Body
These super-fruits are rich in Flavonoids which have anticancer, anti-obesity and anti-inflammatory properties. They work wonders in the body in so many ways, which is why I LOVE them.
Here's more of what what blueberries do:
- protect the liver and the vision,
- prevent degenerative disease,
- enhance your immune system
- and also strengthens your bones.
A blueberry extract was shown in a study including mice to reduce the absorption of Cadium Chloride.
Although some people prefer wild blueberries, you need to be careful about where they come from. In my reading, I found that wild blueberries from certain countries in Northern Europe are often contaminated with heavy metals. This is because they are grown in areas where there are many industries which release pollutants into the soil.
In this detoxifying smoothie, blueberries will not only provide loads of antioxidants, but will also bind to metals and help you to eliminate them.
Oranges will support your kidneys
You know them for their vitamin C, which you have seen above that's important for Glutathione production. Oranges do support kidneys by reducing kidney stones formation.
Bananas will improve your moods
I really go crazy with bananas, and I have transmitted this to my darling daughter. Bananas have been used traditionally to treat diseases. They have dopamine which plays an important role in
Bananas also have serotonin, which works as a neurotransmitter for hormonal regulations. Serotonin in the banana will give you that happy feeling moment. Eat a lot of them and you'll live happily, ever thereafter hahahaha.
Bananas will help in gastric movements, allowing you to empty your bowels regularly. You see, they'll make you feel good and happy lol.
There you go. You've got all the good reasons to love cilantro. If you're one of those who dislike it, then hopefully you now realize how beneficial it is in the body.
You can add more banana if you really want this smoothie to be really sweet! In this recipe, I only used cilantro's and parsley's leaves, because I like this cleansing smoothie being creamy.
This detox smoothie is nutrient-dense, and will keep you full for some hours.
Can I trust you in having this blueberry smoothie often so that you can reap the benefits I've shared?
Kissing you and wishing you a wonderful detoxifying with this cleansing smoothie. Remember to leave a comment here below. It will help me know you better and also you'll help others.
Thank you so much for sharing and pinning this smoothie on smoothie boards
I Love you, Githu.
Here are more healthy smoothies for you
- Healthy green smoothie with apples
- Low carb & anti-inflammatory kale smoothie
- Zucchini oatmeal smoothie healthy breakfast
- Fresh peach smoothie
- Healthy strawberry smoothie recipe
- Weight loss avocado smoothie
- Healthy blueberry cucumber smoothie
- Anti-inflammatory banana smoothie
Blueberry Detox Smoothie
- 3 big oranges
- 1 riped banana
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 lemon
- Start by washing your herbs and picking out the leaves. Put them in a bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of two oranges and pour it in the blender, after removing the seeds if any.
- Take the supreme of the other orange and the lemon and squeeze the juice out of the membranes. Add these into the blender.
- Cut your banana into pieces and put them in the blender together with the cup of frozen wild blueberries.
- Add in the herbs and blend at a high speed till smooth.
- If you find your smoothie thick for you, add some little water (or squeeze an orange if you have any left) at a time till you get the consistency that you desire.
- Happy detox! I'll appreciate if you told others about this recipe, share and pin it