Published August 14, 2019 Updated March 18, 2021
If you're looking for wheat-free pasta options, you've got to try this delicious carrot & zucchini pasta. It's made with a hint of spiciness, and is perfect for a low carb diet, and also works great for vegans. This carrot & zucchini blend is deliciously light & healthy, and your whole family will love it. Better still, you don't need to spend hours preparing it: just 20 minutes and it's ready to serve.
It's been raining in my corner of the world (France, for those of you who are new to my blog!). We're really excited to have some showers, coz it's been scorching hot in the last few days.
On my last visit to the store, I was lucky to get some really fresh zucchini, and just had to share another wheat-free recipe with you. I came up with the idea for this delicious carrot & zucchini pasta, as a light, healthy meal.
If you've got food sensitivities like me, then I'm sure you're always on the lookout for gluten-free and anti-inflammatory recipes. This one is especially for you, dearie.
What's in My Carrot & Zucchini Pasta?
I always love lots of color in my meals, to maximize the nutritive value of what I'm preparing. The orange of the carrots contrasted beautifully against the green/cream of the zucchini, really brightening up my plate. Trust me, there's no better way to brighten up a rainy day than serving up a dish like this one. I even added a touch of spice to bring some zing to this pasta (entirely optional, ofcourse).
Better still, this carrot and zucchini combo packs a powerful punch in terms of their nutritional profiles. Both carrots and zucchini are loaded with Vitamins A and C, which boost better eye-health. Vitamin A is notably beneficial in lowering the risk of age-related macular degeneration. So if you want to strengthen your eye health, carrot and zucchini are two super veggies that you need to eat more of.
Apart from supporting healthy eye-sight, this carrot & zucchini pasta contains fiber, potassium and carotenoids. That's a nutrient trio which is known to lower cholesterol, and even helps lower blood pressure. This is good news for anyone with heart conditions or high blood pressure.
The flavors and textures of the carrot & zucchini combo are simply delicious. They balance each other beautifully, and are a great complement to any low-carb meal. You can have these veggies raw or cooked -You decide. If you opt to cook them, make sure it's for a very short time, to be able to lock in the flavors without losing the nutrients.
To add a little spice to this pasta, I added in some smoked paprika, ginger and garlic. Smoked paprika gives that smoky flavor to the carrot & zucchini pasta. Ginger and garlic will enhance the flavors and fold everything together into a deliciously warm, wheat-free feast.
How to Serve Your Carrot & Zucchini Pasta
Make up plenty of this pasta, because you and your family will want several servings, I promise you. It's that good!
Since carrots & zucchini are really calorie-light, this wheat-free pasta makes a light and healthy meal. No need for guilt if anyone wants an extra helping.
Your carrot & zucchini past goes very well with any of the following:
How to Make Carrot & Zucchini Pasta with a Vegetable Peeler
- You can use your mandoline if you have one. Otherwise, just a simple vegetable peeler will do.
- Hold the veggie straight in your left hand, holding the farthest side. Then let the peeler run straight on the veggie without you forcing it too much. Nice, light strokes will do the job.
- For large, long ribbons, use large vegetables. Peel on one side several times vs turning the veggie around... Hope I am making sense.
- Leave the seeded parts of zucchini for a zucchini smoothie.
- If you want, you can then using a knife cut these ribbons lengthwise to have thin vegetable noodles
This spicy carrot & zucchini pasta recipe is also a way to use up your summer veggies, especially if you have a garden. The vegetable noodles will shrink once cooked, so you'll need to use a bit more!
Don't overcook this carrot & zucchini pasta as it may fall flat! Besides, you don't want to destroy all that vitamin C goodness. Just a few minutes and you have your zucchini pasta meal ready! Prolong the cooking slightly only if you're cooking for younger children.
While this zucchini pasta is delicious on its own, I like adding some green banana sauce to make it even better.
I hope you enjoy this spicy carrot & zucchini pasta as much as we do here.
Try it out and let me know what you think in the comments.
And if you got a question, don't hesitate to ask me.
Don't forget to share and Pin this recipe for your friends..
Love you, Githu.
Some more Wheat-free Vegetarian Recipes
- Healthy curry vegetable stir fry
- Easy savory rhubarb with radish leaves
- Quick zucchini with sun-dried tomatoes
- Frozen green beans
- Frozen peas with nutritional yeast
- Snow peas side dish recipe
- Celery split pea dinner
- Super simple chickpea stew
- Coconut sautéed zucchini with buckwheat
Spicy carrot & zucchini Pasta.
- large pan
- vegetable peeler or mandoline
- kitchen tongs
Spicy Zucchini Carrot Ribbons Pasta
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano*
- 1 tablespoon dry basil*
- 1 tablespoon dry chive*
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- sprinkle of cayenne
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 thumb of ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 big shallot or onion
- a handful of ripe tomatoes
- 2 big carrots*
- 1 big zucchini*
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (option)
- 1 long red bell pepper
- a handful of fresh cilantro/ parsley
- Clean the veggies and separately, using a vegetable peeler get the ribbons. Put them aside...
- In a large pan bring to heat the dry herbs and the spices for 3 mins on a medium heat
- During that time dice the garlic & ginger and slice the shallot.
- Add these in the pan and mix well for about 1 min then add the oil, increase the heat to high-medium
- Cover and leave them to cook for 2 mins as you dice the tomatoes
- Bring the tomatoes in the pan stir and cover, let them cook for at least 4 mins
- Add the carrot ribbons, stir them slowly and let them cook for 3-4 mins
- Now add the zucchini noodles and spread them well, cover the pan for about 4 mins
- Using kitchen tongs, turn and mix up so gently the ribbons together
- Cover the pan again for a 3 mins
- During this time chop the fresh herbs, I used cilantro
- Cut off the heat,
- Add the red bell pepper strips together with the cilantro/parsley
- Sprinkle the salt and nutritional yeast and stir everything together gently...
- Serve with rice, potatoes, bread, or quinoa, etc...
- Bon appetit, thank you for subscribing for more healthy recipes