First published August 28 2019 Updated February 24 2021
These garlic-roasted red potatoes deliciously good, the red potatoes are roasted with herbs and fresh garlic in a pan. The bursting flavor of roasted garlic will make you hungry as you wait for these red potatoes to roast
It could be relatively hot sometimes to switch on your oven, but that doesn't mean you wait till Autumn to enjoy delicious roasted potatoes lol. Supposedly you don't have an oven? This roasted red potato recipe will be your perfect bet.
Potatoes are so delicious when roasted, and even if you can roast them with other veggies like in these juicy roasted vegetables, they always taste a little heaven when they are roasted on their own.
These garlic roasted red potatoes are the best & easiest you could make to appreciate roasted potatoes when you don't have an oven or when it's too hot during summer, the roasted potatoes are first steamed then roasted in garlic and spices on a pan.
The bursting flavor of roasted garlic will open your appetite, making you enjoy the skillet potatoes before you even put any in your mouth.
How to roast potato in a pan
- You need first to steam or boil the potatoes before pan-roasting. Then pat-dry after letting them cool first.
- To quicken this process, once the potatoes have been steamed (make sure not to overcook them, you want them firm but cooked) drain the boiling water and add cold water in the saucepan with potatoes.
- Drain again and fill the saucepan with cold water again and leave the potatoes for about 3 mins.
- Drain and pat dry them before pan-roasting in a pan with already cooking garlic and herbs of your choice. At first, I wanted herbs de Provence, but I end using dry oregano and chive with cumin seeds.
- I added juniper berries, I love chewing them beside the fact they are anti-inflammatory. You can add or leave them out.
- Place the steamed potatoes in the pan, using a potato masher or a wooden spoon press gently and slightly on the potatoes to help them break and flatten a little bit.
- Pan-roast on one side for about 6-8 mins at slightly medium-high heat, then slowly using a spatula turn them, cover and roast again for 6-8 mins.
Best potatoes for roasting
- Red potatoes are ideal for roasting as they are less starchy and they hold well after cooking.
- You can use any red potato variety, but choose the new potatoes as they'll cook fast.
- Go for small to medium-sized red potatoes for a quick-cooking compared to huge potatoes that will take some time to cook.
- You can, however, use white or other potato varieties as long as they're less starchy.
- I have made this garlic roasted potato recipe with yellow potatoes and they were as delicious as these red potatoes.
- Choose the type of potatoes that are suitable for making french fries for example. Don't hesitate to ask a seller.
What to eat with roasted potatoes
- Once cooked, you have multiple choices to serve your pan roasted potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on plates, open-cut the potatoes, drizzle with an olive oil vinaigrette or some coconut oil, if you love lemons, squeeze some on top.
- You can serve these roasted red potatoes for breakfast with some yogurt.
- Make scrambled tofu or eggs (if you tolerate them) and serve with these red roasted potatoes.
- Make a lettuce salad and serve with your pan roasted potatoes.
These garlic roasted potatoes turned out to be extra delicious, my kids have repeatedly asked me when I am making them again.
I wish you a moment of deliciousness, looking forward to reading your comments on this roasted potato recipe. Pin it, share it, you'll be helping this blog.
Remember this always; You are enough! love and appreciate yourself
I love you, Githu
Get more healthy recipes here
- Seasoned oven-baked potato wedges
- Cauliflower salad with smoked paprika potatoes
- Baked the boiled potatoes breakfast
- The best easy potato salad
- Weight loss purple potato recipe
- Romaine lettuce wraps
Garlic roasted red potato recipe
- large pan or skillet
- steamer bucket
Steamed red potatoes
- 6 medium-size red potatoes
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups boiling water
Garlic roasted red potato recipe
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs of your choice here I used oregano & chives
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- some few junipers seeds (optional)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 a small thumb of fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive/coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- a dust of cayenne pepper
- 6 steamed potatoes
- 1 lemon (optional)
- If you have a steamer, place cleaned potatoes in the steamer bucket in a large saucepan
- Add about 2 cups of boiling water, sprinkle with salt and steam at high heat for 20 mins
- In the absence of a steamer
- Clean your potatoes, place them in a saucepan and cover with water and add salt
- Bring to a boiling point at high heat, and cook for 20 mins or until cooked
Garlic roasted red potatoes recipe
- Put a large pan on medium-high heat and add the dry herbs and seeds cover them for 2 mins
- Add minced garlic and ginger and stir well cover for a minute then add the oil
- Stir and cover for 3 minutes then add paprika and cayenne pepper, then stir
- Add steamed red potatoes and using a potato masher or the back of a big spoon, press gently on the potatoes to help them brake and slightly flatten. DON'T press hard! just gently
- Cover the potatoes and pan-roast for about 8mins
- Using a spatula, turn the potatoes on the other side and pan-roast for 6 mins
- To serve, cut the potato at length, squeeze some lemon juice on and drizzle with some vinaigrette, You'll love them.
- Serve with veggies or a heartful salad.
- You can also serve these pan roasted potatoes for breakfast with yogurt.
- Thank you for rating and sharing this recipe. Blessings to you.