These garlic-roasted red potatoes are coated with herbs and fresh garlic to give them a rich flavor everyone will love. The delicious aroma of roasted garlic will make you drool with hunger as you wait for the main dish.
Sometimes, it's just too hot in Summer to do any oven-roasting. But that doesn't mean you've got to wait till Autumn to enjoy delicious roasted potatoes...LOL! This roasted red potato recipe will be your perfect bet, sans oven.
Potatoes are always a fun meal when roasted, whether on their own or with other veggies. When done in a platter of roasted veggies like these juicy roasted vegetables, they always taste so heavenly. What better way to get your family to eat up their greens!
These pan-seared garlic-infused potatoes are the easiest way to make roasted potatoes when you don't have an oven or when it's too hot during summer. These spuds are first steamed then roasted in garlic and spices on a pan.
The bursting flavor of roasted garlic will whet your appetite, making you long to enjoy the skillet potatoes long before you serve.
How to Roast Potatoes in a Pan
- You will need to steam or boil the potatoes first before pan-roasting.
- To shorten this process, once the potatoes have been steamed, drain the boiling water and add cold water in the saucepan with potatoes. Make sure not to overcook them; you want them firm but cooked.
- Drain out the cold water and fill the saucepan with cold water again and leave the potatoes for about 3 mins.
- Drain and pat dry them before pan-roasting in a pan with the garlic and herbs that are already cooking.
- For my herb mix, I initially wanted to use herbs de Provence. I ended up using a mix of dry oregano, chives and cumin seeds.
- I also added juniper berries to the pan. Delicious! I love chewing them, and they have the added benefit of being both yummy and anti-inflammatory. You can add or leave them out.
- Place the steamed potatoes in the pan. Then, using a potato masher or a wooden spoon, press gently on the potatoes to help them break & flatten them slightly.
- Pan-roast on one side for about 6-8 mins at slightly medium-high heat, then slowly turn them over using a spatula. Cover and roast again for 6-8 mins.
What are The Best Potatoes for Roasting?
- Red potatoes are ideal for roasting as they are less starchy and they hold well after cooking.
- You can use any red potato variety, but choose the new potatoes as they'll cook fast.
- Go for small to medium-sized red potatoes for quick-cooking. Huge potatoes tend to take some time to cook.
- You can also use white or other potato varieties as long as they're less starchy.
- I've also made this garlic roasted potato recipe with yellow potatoes, and they turned out just as delicious as red potatoes.
- Choose the type of potatoes that are suitable for making french fries for example. Don't hesitate to ask your grocer for the best variety if you're not sure which-is-which.
What to Eat Your Roasted Potatoes With
- Once cooked, you're spoilt for choice on the number of ways to serve your pan roasted potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on plates, open-cut the potatoes, drizzle with an olive oil vinaigrette or some coconut oil, if you love lemons, squeeze some on top.
- You can serve these roasted red potatoes for breakfast with some yogurt.
- Make scrambled tofu or eggs (if you tolerate them) and serve with these red roasted potatoes.
- Make a lettuce salad and serve with your pan roasted potatoes.
- We love them with our creamy banana sauce; The combination is really delicious.
These garlic roasted potatoes turned out to be extra delicious. My kids keep asking me when I'm making them again.
I wish you a moment of deliciousness, looking forward to reading your comments on this roasted potato recipe. Pin it, share it, you'll be helping this blog.
Remember this - You are enough! Love and appreciate yourself always!
I love you, Githu
Get more healthy recipes here
- Seasoned oven-baked potato wedges
- Cauliflower salad with smoked paprika potatoes
- Baked the boiled potatoes breakfast
- The best easy potato salad
- Weight loss purple potato recipe
- Romaine lettuce wraps
Garlic Roasted Red Potato Recipe
- large pan or skillet
- steamer bucket
Steamed red potatoes
- 6 medium-size red potatoes
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups boiling water
Garlic roasted red potato recipe
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs of your choice here I used oregano & chives
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- some few junipers seeds (optional)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 a small thumb of fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive/coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- a dust of cayenne pepper
- 6 steamed potatoes
- 1 lemon (optional)
- If you have a steamer, place cleaned potatoes in the steamer bucket in a large saucepan
- Add about 2 cups of boiling water, sprinkle with salt and steam at high heat for 20 mins
- In the absence of a steamer
- Clean your potatoes, place them in a saucepan and cover with water and add salt
- Bring to a boiling point at high heat, and cook for 20 mins or until cooked
Garlic roasted red potatoes recipe
- Put a large pan on medium-high heat and add the dry herbs and seeds cover them for 2 mins
- Add minced garlic and ginger and stir well cover for a minute then add the oil
- Stir and cover for 3 minutes then add paprika and cayenne pepper, then stir
- Add steamed red potatoes and using a potato masher or the back of a big spoon, press gently on the potatoes to help them break and slightly flatten. DON'T press hard! Just gently
- Cover the potatoes and pan-roast for about 8mins
- Using a spatula, turn the potatoes on the other side and pan-roast for 6 mins
- To serve, cut the potato at length, squeeze some lemon juice on and drizzle with some vinaigrette, You'll love them.
- Serve with veggies or a healthy salad.
- You can also serve these pan roasted potatoes for breakfast with yogurt.
- Thank you for rating and sharing this recipe. Blessings to you.
[First published August 28 2019 Updated February 24 2021]