Make yourself this smoothie and replenish your levels of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Lovely, I hope your day started well, and you are enjoying it. I'm here to share with you this fantastic health smoothie recipe full of health benefits.
Oh, how I wish you were drinking this beet smoothie with me. I can almost imagine your surprise as you discover this healthy smoothie's deliciousness.
I love smoothies, like this orange smoothie. Even though I don't drink a smoothie every day, I do my best to have them quite often, especially when I want to level up with vitamins, living enzymes, antioxidants, and even more microbiome.
How to make a healthy smoothie?
- Raw beets have an earthy flavor that you might appreciate less in a smoothie, so blending it with other vegetables and fruits is the best way to go.
- I always like adding some green vegetables to my smoothies. A fruit smoothie made with fruits ONLY is less healthy than it may sound, especially if the fruits are high in sugar!
- Some fresh spinach was my choice for this healthy smoothie.
- Add some herbs and spices to your smoothie, as they contain powerful healing properties.
- To make this smoothie healthy without loading it with sugar, I opted for dried prunes as a sweetener.
- Dried prunes add a creamy texture. You can add a banana, mango, or whatever is in season.
- Throw in some frozen wild mixed berries or blueberries for more antioxidants and a luxurious texture.
- Prunes are a good source of energy in the form of simple sugars, but because they are high in fiber, they do not cause a rapid rise in blood sugar.
- Prunes are high in phenolic compounds, which may help alleviate constipation.
- These fruits are high in antioxidants and are known to be anti-inflammatory.
- Additionally, the high potassium content of prunes might be beneficial for cardiovascular health.
- Prunes are an essential source of boron which plays a role in preventing osteoporosis.
- Eating soaked prunes in water daily was found to reduce blood pressure significantly.
- Long-term consumption of prunes has been proven to reverse and prevent loss of bone density in women because they are rich in vitamin K, magnesium, potassium, and boron, all of which play a major role in bone health.
- Prunes are a good source of iron and are fantastic to include in an iron-rich diet.
- Beetroot (Beta vulgaris L.) contains high amounts of phytochemicals, including betalains, carotenoids, phenols, B-vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B6, B9), vitamins A, C, E, K. Beets are also rich in fibers and inorganic nitrate.
- They are good sources of minerals like manganese, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, copper, boron, silica, and selenium.
- All parts of this plant have different medicinal uses, such as antioxidant, anti-depressant, antimicrobial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and diuretic.
- The carotenoids in red beetroot are β-carotene and lutein, potent antioxidants against several cancers.
- Beets are high in betanin, which has shown high antioxidant activity in many studies.
- Other antioxidants in beets are rutin, epicatechin, and caffeic acid.
Tips on how to blend this healthy smoothie
- Store the main ingredients in your fridge before making your smoothie because blending heats up the smoothie. However, this is unnecessary if you use frozen veggies or fruits.
- Always start by slightly blending flax seeds if you're using a classing blender.
- Usually, I make my smoothies with raw beets because you get all the healthy benefits.
- For a creamy beet smoothie without chunks, use a high-speed blender. If using a classic blender, cut beet into small cubes, then blend them alone with some water before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- You can also quickly boil the beets, preferably the night before, to soften them, but only cook them a little and use the cooking water when blending the smoothie.
- For the herbs, use only the leaves for smoothness.
- Even though I like drinking my smoothies immediately, you can make a batch of this healthy smoothie and store it in your fridge for one day.
This smoothie uses only whole ingredients, and it's vegan. Feel free to customize it as you want.
I wish you the best of your day. Let's keep healing by making the best food choices.
Try these super healthy smoothies.
The best prune-beet healthy smoothie
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 cup raw beets (peeled & diced)
- a handful of fresh spinach (cleaned)
- some cilantro leaves (no stems)
- some fresh thyme leaves (no branches)
- 6 prunes (pitted & soaked in a cup of water)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup Frozen mixed berries
- Some fresh berries of choice (optional)
- Soak prunes overnight
- Bring all the ingredients into your blender together with soaking water
- Blend into a smooth, creamy smoothie
- Top with fresh berries (optional)
- Serve immediately or make a batch for the next day.