Ditch your wheat flour pasta and enjoy the deliciousness of spicy carrot & zucchini pasta. So light and healthy for a low carb diet, this vegan zucchini noodles will be your best bet during summer. Spicy it up for more depth of flavors. These zucchini pasta noodles are ready in 20 mins...
Spicy carrot & zucchini pasta, what a delightful way to eat healthily and light!
Hi gal, hopefully, all is well on your side! It has been raining☔! We're glad because it has been so hot☀ and the dryness could be seen on the neighboring trees, it actually made me sad😒!
To shake off that sadness, I had to make something colorful and delicious! these spicy carrot & zucchini pasta were the best to brighten my soul!
At first, I'd wanted to make them raw, but the drop of the heat🌡 called for something warm, and what a wonderful thing to enjoy a warm zucchini pasta while you listen to thunders🌩!
Zucchini pasta is your best bet when you want to eat a low carb meal. Do you love spices and textures? these zucchini noodles are delivering both, add your favorite spices and don't overcook your zucchini pasta noodles.
Smoked paprika gives that smoky flavor while ginger and garlic will enhance and fold everything into deliciousness❤.
Make a bunch of zucchini pasta and feel free to have several servings, these vegetable noodles are light and healthy, no guilt by serving yourself more. Besides, you need to if you opt to eat them as your main meal, don't let yourself go hungry...
How to make vegetable noodles with a vegetable peeler
- You can use your mandoline if you have one, but if not just a simple vegetable peeler will do.
- Hold the veggie straight. Your left hand holding the farthest side and then let the peeler run straight on the veggie without you forcing it too much.
- For large and long ribbons use large vegetables and peel on one slide several times vs turning the veggie around... hope I am making sense lol🤣
- Leave the seeded parts of zucchini for a smoothie.
- If you want, you can then using a knife cut the ribbons lengthwise to have thin noodles
This spicy carrot & zucchini pasta recipe is also a way to use up your summer veggies especially if you have a garden. The vegetable noodles will shrink once cooked, so you'll need to use a bit more!
Please don't overcook this zucchini pasta as they'll fall flat! Besides, you don't want to destroy all that vitamin C. Just a few minutes and you have your meal ready! Unless you are cooking for kids👧👦 then you have to prolong the cooking.
I hope you enjoy these spicy carrot & zucchini pasta as much as we do here.
Leave me a comment if you appreciated them, and if you got a question, don't hesitate to ask me… I thank you dearly for sharing and pinning this recipe.
Looking forward to reading from you,
Love you, Githu.
Get some more delicious healthy veggies recipe
- Healthy curry vegetable stir fry
- Easy savory rhubarb with radish leaves
- Quick zucchini with sun-dried tomatoes
- Frozen green beans
- Frozen peas with nutritional yeast
- Snow peas side dish recipe
- Celery split pea dinner
- Super simple chickpea stew
- Coconut sautéed zucchini with buckwheat
Spicy carrot & zucchini Pasta.
- large pan
- vegetable peeler or mandoline
Spicy Zucchini Carrot Ribbons Pasta
- 1 tsp dry oregano*
- 1 tsp dry basil*
- 1 tsp dry chive*
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- sprinkle of cayenne
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 thumb of ginger
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 big shallot or onion
- a handful of ripe tomatoes
- 2 big carrots*
- 1 big zucchini*
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (option)
- 1/2 long red bell pepper
- a handful of fresh cilantro/ parsley
- Clean the veggies and separately get the ribbons, put aside...
- In a large pan bring to heat the dry herbs and the spices for 3 mins on a medium heat
- During that time dice the garlic & ginger and slice the shallot.
- Add these in the pan and mix well for about 1 min then add the oil, Raise the heat to high-medium
- Cover and leave them to cook for 2 mins as you dice the tomatoes
- Bring the tomatoes in the pan stir and cover, let them cook for at least 2mins
- Add the carrot ribbons, fold them slowly let them cook for 3-4 mins
- Now add the zucchini noodles and spread them well, cover for about a 4 mins
- Fold everything so gently using 2 cooking spoons
- Cover again for a 3 mins
- During this time chop the fresh herbs, I used cilantro
- Cut off the heat,
- Add the red bell pepper strips together with the cilantro/parsley
- Sprinkle the salt and nutritional yeast and fold everything together gently...
- Serve with rice, potatoes, bread, or quinoa, etc...
- Bon appetit, thank you for subscribing for more healthy recipes