This healthy creamy tofu vegan dressing is made with coconut flesh, fresh ginger, and turmeric to give you a no-oil creamy vegan dressing that you can add into your meals and salads...
I am standing by your door my dear, wondering how you're, I also brought you this tofu vegan dressing that you can use in almost every dish as a sauce, as a spread on your sandwich, on your pasta and or on salads
The thing is when I first made this creamy tofu dressing I had no idea what to expect, but my kids were like "what did you put in this cream?"
I had put tofu and coconut to make this vegan dressing and served it on a potato salad, my daughter kept asking for that potato recipe the whole week that I've been making creamy potato salad with this vegan dressing almost every week now.
MY daughter was the first to suggest that I make it for you. It's funny because sometimes when I make some recipes and I've got a feeling like something is missing, my kids are all enthusiastic about it.
This vegan dressing is simple and easy since you're just blending the ingredients in your blender. It requires only a few ingredients and it's amazingly creamy.
What you'll need to make this creamy vegan dressing
- Firm tofu; You'll need to drain the excess liquid. Silken tofu will not give you the same results. (make sure your tofu is organic)
- Coconut flesh; It replaces oil or other fats and adds some creaminess
- Coconut milk; It smoothens this vegan dressing
- Fresh basil leaves; adds a subtle flavor
- Ginger; brings that zing zesty flavor, but's more for digestion
- Turmeric; to bring the anti-inflammatory properties in the scene, if you add a bit more, you'll have a golden vegan creamy dressing
- Clove of garlic; to add flavor and for healing purposes
- Lemon; it will preserve this dressing for days without oxidation, and we are adding vitamin C to boost your immune system
- Apple cider vinegar; use unpasteurized vinegar to add living bacteria into your gut.
- Teriyaki or soy sauce; to add a salty taste but you can leave it out and add just salt to the dressing.
- Salt; you might feel the need to add some salt.
Voilà, now you've got a creamy tofu vegan dressing that you can keep up to 5 days in your fridge. Just remember to keep it in an air-tight jar and use a clean spoon when scooping some out.
Please do support me by sharing this recipe, do comment to give me your opinion, even constructive critics are welcome!
It's a hard time for most of us are really having a hard time coping with this pandemic and its consequences. I give you my thoughts, hugs and I plead you only focus on good things, things that can lighten up your heart.
I love you, Githu.
Get here some healthy sauces
Creamy tofu vegan dressing
- High speed blender
- 30 grams Coconut meat (just a piece that's not too big neither small)
- some fresh basil leaves
- a thumb of fresh ginger
- a small piece of fresh turmeric
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200 grams firm tofu (you don't necessarily have to weight it)
- 2-3 tbsp teriyaki/tamari/soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut milk or any plantbased milk
- If your coconut flesh has the brown skin, do peel it using a vegetable peeler
- Squeeze out the extra water from tofu with a kitchen towel and the cut it into pieces
- Bring all the ingredients in the blender apart from the milk
- Add 1/2 the milk blend then add the rest of the milk bit by bit
- The milk is to make the blender whirl the ingredients into a smooth cream so don't add too much. The cream should be smooth, consistent but not running.
- Taste, you might want to add some salt or add more teriyaki sauce
- Transfer this vegan dressing into an air-tight jar and store it in your fridge up to 5days
- Thank you so much for being here, please do share this recipe, many blessings to you and yours.