This healthy creamy vegan potato salad will leave you wondering where it went! It's easy to make and super delicious. The best part? It's perfect for a low-carb, vegan diet, too.
Hi lovely, I've made for you the easiest and the creamiest vegan potato salad. It's delicious with flavors from fresh herbs and Dijon mustard.
Made with smoked japan's tofu for extra flavor and proteins, this creamy vegan potato salad will make you forget your classic potato salad. You can make it ahead of time, and you can even pack it for a picnic.
Come, let's make this potato salad together, do you mind?
How to Boil Potatoes for a Salad
Boiling potatoes might seems a quick and easy thing, right?
But to have your potatoes perfectly cooked you'll have to consider some few points
- It'll depend on the size of the potatoes,
- The type of potatoes; some potatoes take longer to cook while they remain firm; they are waxy, others are starchy and won't work well for a salad.
- The size and type of the pan you are cooking in (a large pan will allow potatoes to boil easily and quickly)
- The type of heat; gas cooks fast than electricity and open fire will take longer.
- Don't boil the potatoes at very high heat; they'll cook fast on top but remain raw in the middle!
Choose small potatoes for the best flavors, and go for those that remain firm after cooking. New young potatoes are the best bet, look for red potatoes, Yukon gold, or yellow Finn
In this case, the boiling can take between 10-15 mins.
To have delicious potatoes, add some spices in the boiling water.
How long can a potato salad last in the refrigerator?
Delicious and tempting, this potato salad can hold up to 3 days in an air-tight container and placed well in a fridge.
But this creamy vegan potato salad is so delicious I wonder if it can take that long in your fridge unless you make a big batch.
The Best Dressing for Potato Salad
- Potatoes by themselves aren't that seducing, are they?
- What makes a potato salad worth the work is the dressing.
- Here we're going to make a creamy vegan dressing that you can use for potato salad, for pasta, as a spread on your sandwiches, or add in the stew, etc...
- This potato dressing is using tofu. Both soft and firm will do but the texture will obviously be different. The firm tofu will yield a creamier dressing like in this salad.
- Check out this creamy tofu vegan recipe
What goes well with vegan potato salad?
- We love making lettuce wraps with this creamy vegan potato salad, but sometimes I serve it with string beans.
- Make a tomato salad along with this potato salad, especially freshly picked tomatoes: it's a little heaven! besides, they'll add vitamin C which will enhance iron absorption found in potatoes.
- This potato salad already has proteins, so there's no need for adding more.
What do you think of this potato salad? please do leave me a word in the comments below.
Don't leave yet, press the share button, please, thank you for your support and talk to you soon.
I send you my love. Githu.
Get here more healthy salads
- Healthy pan-roasted sweet potato salad
- The best & easy potato salad
- Healthy herby quinoa salad recipe
- Veggie lettuce wraps
- Mung bean healthy salad
- Smoky cauliflower potato salad
- Creamy butter beans cucumber salad recipe
- Fresh apricot quinoa salad recipe
- Super delicious black lentil salad
- Creamy cucumber salad recipe
- Easy kale salad with quinoa & apples
Creamy vegan potato salad
potato salad dressing
- 1 cup diced firm tofu (about 200gm)
- a piece of fresh coconut about (30gm)
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- a small piece of fresh ginger
- a small piece of fresh turmeric
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce or soya sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- ½-1 cup coconut milk; just enough to make the dressing blend
- ½ kg small or medium young potatoes
- 1 cup water to boil the potatoes
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 200 grams smoked tofu
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard sauce with seeds
- 2 clove of garlic
- some fresh chives
- some fresh dill
- Put all the ingredients apart from the milk in a blender
- Add half the milk and blend into a smooth creamy sauce
- Add milk if your blender is having a hard time to whirl up everything
- Transfer the sauce into an air-tight container and keep in the fridge
- Clean the potatoes then add them in a large pan together with fennel & cumin seeds
- Put the pan on a source of heat and add 1 cup of boiling water and salt
- Increase the heat till the boiling takes place then lower the heat
- Boil the potatoes till cooked; this will take about 15 mins if the potatoes are young and small
- Insert a knife or a fork in one potato to check the cooking
- Remove from the heat and drain (don't throw the water, you can use it to make stew)
- Cooldown the potatoes by putting them back in the pan and add very cold water, you can add ice cubes if you have. This is to quicken the cooling effect
- Meanwhile, press the garlic and chop the herbs
- Cut the smoked tofu into cubes
- Once the potatoes have cooled cut them into bite sizes
- In a salad bowl, bring the potatoes with all the ingredients.
- Add as much potato dressing as you want and mix gently using a wooden spoon
- Check for the seasoning, and serve
- Thank you so much for being here, press the sharing button please
- The choice of your tofu will affect the texture of the sauce
- The more milk you add the less creamy your sauce will be, so add a little milk at a time starting with ½ cup
- You can choose to peel your potatoes, do so only after cooking to avoid the loss of minerals and vitamins