This green banana is super creamy, vegan, and nut-free. An alternative to heavy or nut creams. A budget-friendly healthy cream that will amaze you.
Hi hi, it's early dawn here, I can hear the birds starting to sing and the dark clouds give space to the first rays of golden Sunrise. Just the right time for me to share with you this vegan creamy green banana sauce recipe.
Not that you need it for your breakfast!
But I am kinda thinking that maybe green bananas should be
My daughter who has never eaten meat in her entire life of 8 years says that this creamy green banana sauce tastes like meat, talk of incarnation
Gosh!….. it's 5 am and am laughing here all by myself…
Back to this vegan green banana sauce recipe. If you have no idea of what am talking about when I mention green bananas, they are unripened bananas.
You can buy them mostly from African-Asian groceries shops.
Green bananas are very high in resistant starch, actually, they're prebiotics. Meaning that you can NOT digest them but your microbiome will have a good feast when you consume green bananas and other prebiotics food for that matter.
Now you are asking, "why on earth should I eat something that I can't digest?"
Because you have to feed your microbiome which in turn will promote your health and help you fight off diseases caused by chronic inflammation. Do you see, transactions started long way before we commercially got involved
This creamy green banana sauce recipe carries its name so well, it's indeed creamy, delicious, and it's so easy to make it.
You can opt to just boil everything in a saucepan skipping the frying part, to quicken the process.
But what makes this vegan cream sauce so creamy and delicious is that time you let the green banana stick a little and caramelize in a saucepan. Also letting the spices heat on their own creates the flavor that you won't get with the boiling option.
Peeling off green banana can be a messy thing to do as the banana do stick on your hands. To avoid this, Store your green bananas wrapped in the fridge. Take them out and use them immediately.
What I find so amazing about this vegan sauce, is the fact that the flavor isn't that pronounced. So it can go with almost everything, I even do scoop some in my raw salads.
Once cooked, blended, and cooled, pour your creamy banana sauce in a jar, store it in your fridge, and use it up to 10 days.
So girl, there you go, you have something new to try out this weekend lol.
Tell me in the comments below how you got around with this vegan green banana sauce. I am here for any question so do feel free to ask.
Much love from me, Githu.
Easy creamy green banana sauce recipe
- A knife
- A chopping board
- A saucepan
- A cooking spoon
- A Blender
- an air-tight jar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cilantro seeds
- piece of ginger
- 2 medium onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 medium green bananas
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- pinch of salt
- pinch pepper
- Put your saucepan on medium heat and bring in all the seeds, let them heat to give out their aroma, be careful not to roast them! about 2-3 mins depending on your heat source
- During this time chop ginger, onions, and garlic and bring them into the saucepan, and stir them together
- Add your oil of choice. Stir again
- Cover with a lid and keep stirring now and then 2-3 mins, as you peel the green bananas.
- Add in the bananas, stir well and cook for about 6 minutes. The green banana will stick on the saucepan. Keep on stirring now and then.
- Slowly pour in the boiling water, add water till it slightly covers the bananas.
- Increase the heat to let the boiling start and then simmer on medium heat for about 6 mins.
- Add salt and pepper, Cut off the heat and let this green banana dish cool down before blending it in your blender.
- Pour everything in your blender, blend till smooth. If you find the cream too thick just add some little water.
- The green banana cream should be a bit liquid but creamy. It will thicken when it cools
- Transfer this creamy green banana sauce into an air-tight jar and use it on pasta, potatoes, rice, or add it to your cooking veggies.
- This creamy green banana sauce will store well in your fridge up to 10 days.