Helooo beauty, it's in late afternoon here and I want to cheer you up a bit. Do you love mango? Of course, you do, who doesn't love that sweet-velvet-creamy-fruit anyway!! How about cauliflower? It has been in every other foodie trends lately! Am inviting you here to a marriage (dress code yellow and white, lol) of these two in a cauliflower-mango spiced sauce.
I am not bragging to you that this cauliflower-mango spiced sauce is the best of the best, but gal, I've never seen my daughter love any of my sauces, she indulges on this one, licking her finger with an "mmm this is so sweet" murmur every other minute.
My boy assured me he'd buy it, when I asked him if he had found it in a shop.
I've made this sauce almost every other day these past ten days. Every time, I'd tell myself that am making it
I've been making this sauce with you in mind, always trying to look for a way to perfection it, wondering if it will create the same effect in you and your family as it has in us! However, am sure you'll adopt this to your convenience.
I have tried this cauliflower-mango spiced sauce with both fresh and dried mangoes. I didn't really find that much difference in taste, though, the fresh mango adds aroma.
We use this sauce in almost all dishes. When we're having baked or steamed potatoes, it's perfect on legume-based pasta, in lentils, in Quinoa, and I add it to veggies as
So my dear, why should I convince you to go for this cauliflower-mango spiced sauce?
Because..... besides it being full of anti-inflammatory properties, it's a healthy bet in replacing sour cream, mayo and ketchup sisters. (LOL!)
It has vitamins and gal there's no hassle in making this sauce.
You don't have to go for spices, but ginger will give it that punch ...literally. . By the way, you should be adding ginger in everything gal, it's a healing medicine by its own…… I love
Do you have some nutritional yeast? or some tofu lying idleness in your fridge? add in any of them.
I think that's it for this delicious spiced sauce. Enjoy it.
I just want to ask you dear, I'd love to know you better.
If you suffer from inflammation or allergies, what's causing you the greatest discomfort right now?
As, I wait to read from you, believe in yourself, I love you, Githu.
cauliflower-mango spiced sauce
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cilantro seeds
- 1 clove garlic
- piece of ginger
- handful dried mango or 1 cup fresh diced ripe mango
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoon cold pressed coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- cayenne pepper
- In your boiler bring some water to boil.In a saucepan, add all the seeds, garlic, ginger, and dried mango.Separate the florets from the cauliflower head, I like them in small sizes.Bring them into the saucepan and add the water. Turn on the heat, cover and let it cook at medium heat as you stir now and then for 12 minutes.If you opt for the fresh mango, then cut your mango into small sizes and put them in your blender.Turn off the heat, add salt and cayenne pepper.Let this cool for 3 mins.Transfer everything into a blender. Blend into a cauliflower-mango spiced sauce starting at the lower speed and then at the highest speed of your blender.Add the coconut oil and blend for a few more seconds. Taste to adjust the salt and pepper.Comment to let me know how you find this sauce. love yah.