You will be amazed by the 17 fennel seeds' benefits and how they work to improve your health. In my Fennel tea, I've blended fennel seeds with cloves to make a healing medicinal tea. Fennel seeds are sweet, making this tea delicious without the need to add sweetener.
Hi dear, I can't tell you all the benefits that you'll get when you adopt this fennel-cloves herbal tea. This Medicinal fennel seeds herbal tea is a must-have to calm your inflammation.
I've used fennel seeds tea in my day-to-day life to ease inflammation and constipation. This fennel-and-cloves blend is my favorite as it offers you the benefits of these strong medicinal seeds.
Fennels and cloves have been used in many traditional medicines, and modern science has many studies showing the benefits of including these seeds in your diet.
What are fennel seeds?
Fennel seeds come from the fennel bulb that you might be familiar with. They are mostly slightly long pale green, but you can find brown varieties too.
Fennel seeds are sold and consumed dry. They have a sweet aroma that enhances the flavor of many dishes.
I've never read of something that can heal almost everything!
Yes, you read right. Fennel seeds have the potential to improve your health in many areas, such as anti-inflammatory effects, etc.
Take a look at these 17 health benefits fennel seeds bring to the table!
- In breastfeeding moms, fennel has been used to increase the quantity & quality of breast milk, as well as improve their milk flow.
- The seeds tend to be a rich source of Iron.
- Fennel is very effective in reducing excess body hair in women.
- Seeds are used to improve the mouth smell as mouth fresheners
- Fennel seeds are used to improve digestion because they are high in fiber.
- When used together with cumin, fennel may help reduce appetite, which can help in a weight loss program.
- Fennel seeds effectively control health issues caused by bacteria, fungi, or viruses.
- They contain cancer-fighting properties and hence can help in preventing cancer.
- The fennel seed oil has been shown to decrease the severity of colic in infant children.
- They're a good source of antioxidants.
- The oil in fennel seeds is a good source of fatty acids
- Fennel seeds can protect the liver damage
- The extract from fennel seeds has been studied and used for its anti-aging effects.
- These seeds have been used in ayurvedic medicine as a memory enhancer.
- Fennel seeds significantly improved menopausal symptoms in postmenopausal women in a given study.
- Due to their anti-inflammatory properties, fennels seed can help in managing menstruation cramps and discomfort.
- A cup of fennel tea in the evening can help improve your sleep.
Learn more about fennel seeds in Chinese medicine.
The Bottom Line?
You must have Fennel seeds in your kitchen gal, and yes, I emphasize on MUST HAVE.
Try out this fennel tea or cook it in your meals, so that you can enjoy all the healing properties that these seeds have.
And damn... my greatest wish is for you suffering from pain & discomfort to reach that point of being
I can't tell you the joy you'll experience when one day you'll wake up with less pain or no pain at all. You'll live a million lives that day!
Health Benefits of Cloves
- Now, this is another one! Cloves are the highest food source of phenolics compounds, or we can say polyphenols.
- Polyphenols have been given keen attention this past decade for their potential benefits in preventing major chronic diseases.
- These polyphenols are believed to possess medicinal properties that are helpful to your body.
- Cloves have been used for centuries as stimulants and carminatives. They're used in case of nausea and vomiting.
- Perfect for easing digestion problems like flatulence. And I can attest to this point as this herbal tea has helped me in the past when I was dealing with REAL-BAD chronic constipation!
- Cloves have antioxidants, antimicrobial, antiviral, and anticancer properties.
This fennel tea will deliver you these properties and I'm convinced that if you drink this herbal tea quite often you'll get the benefits of fennel seeds in improving your health.
I don't sweeten my fennel-clove herbal tea, as fennel seeds are already sweet, and adding fresh mint and lemon really makes this Medicinal fennel-cloves herbal really tea perfect.
A word of caution from the internet
I came across several titles announcing the danger of using fennel seeds. However, all the scientific reviews that I read, none is warning against the use of fennel as food, but rather the contrary.
But, it is said that much of anything can be harmful, even the water you drink and you're mostly made of, if you drink it in excess can be harmful.
So go on, enjoy your medicinal fennel-cloves herbal tea and get yourself healing.
I like chewing some pieces of lemon, fennel and cloves seeds. That's why I make my tea directly in a drinking cup. Cloves have a very strong taste. If you are comfortable with the taste, try chewing one clove per day.
Chewing cloves releases their essential oils, which contain most of their healing properties
Otherwise, you can make your medicinal fennel tea in a teapot or a thermos and enjoy it as your day goes by.
Where to buy fennel seeds
- Fennel seeds are common in Asian cuisine. So you'll find fennel seeds packed in small packs and as well as huge packs up to 5 kg.
- Once home, store the fennel seeds in an air-tight container.
I can't tell you how much I wish you can be pain-free now! Add this fennel tea in your daily routine.
Loving you, Githu.
More Herbal Teas you Might Also Enjoy!
17 Fennel Seeds benefits that can improve your health
- water boiler or a sauce pan
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 5 buds clove spice
- some mint leaves
- ½ lemon
- 1 cup boiling water
- Place your water to boil.
- Put all the spices and the mint leaves in your mug or your cup of tea
- Pour the now boiled water in the cup/mug and wait for the seeds and mint to steep for 5mins
- You can cut the lemon into pieces and add them or you can opt for squeezing out the juice
- I don't sweeten mine, be free to use honey, syrup of your choice, stevia, but I don't recommend arificial sweeteners as this is a healing tea.
- Enjoy your fennel tea while still warm