This zucchini salad with sun-dried tomatoes is the easiest and the quickest way to cook zucchini! Sun-dried tomatoes make this simple recipe a delicious savory side dish that you'll want everyone to know about. This zucchini salad is great as a side dish for any meal.
Psst! do you want a quick visit to Italy? Then close your eyes and smell this beautiful plate of zucchini salad with sun-dried tomatoes! The Mediterranean is in this plate of zucchini salad, lol
This zucchini salad recipe is by far the most delicious zucchini recipe you've ever eaten! I know hahaha.
The pungent aroma, the soft texture, and the flavor of these sun-dried tomatoes make this side dish a little heaven!
Fresh zucchini, on the other hand, is finely sliced to saute very quickly that they almost melt in your mouth. Zucchini salad with sun-dried tomatoes recipe is a very healthy, low-carb dish.
You've here a very simple & easy recipe that will demand you only 10 mins to make it. You can then enjoy it immediately or leave it to marinate for a while. Marinated zucchini will be tastier as zucchini will absorb the tomato flavors.
How to cut zucchini for zucchini salad
- To be efficient you need a mandoline. Mandoline will simplify your work and it'll be way too quick to make this recipe!
- I recommend it if you have pains in your hands.
- But, what if you don't have a mandoline? I got you covered here lol!
- I don't use mandoline! but you need a very sharp chef knife to cut very fine zucchini slices.
- The game here is to imagine yourself as an artist and you've to make the best circles possible!
- DON'T be stressed even when you miss out on the slice! be calm, hold your chef knife firmly with one hand and press a zucchini with the other hand on a chopping board.
- Cut slices of roughly 1 - 2 millimeters. You see, you can make it!
We all don't have Italy next to our door! right? If you have an Italian store nearby, see if they have sun-dried tomatoes.
Otherwise, get any other sun-dried tomatoes. I'd advise staying away from those soaked in oil. Choose if possible dried tomatoes that are soft in texture.
Unfortunately, some stores leave dried tomatoes in the open air which makes them very hard! Avoid those ones.
- You'll love this side dish because you can make it ahead and a lot to store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- One important thing to consider is not to add salt when cooking or if you opt to store this dish.
- Sun-dried tomatoes are acidic and in most cases already salted, so just add salt after tasting while serving.
- When stored, this dish will marinate, thus more flavors will infuse, so don't put a lot of dried tomatoes in this case, you might not appreciate the acid factor!
- So this zucchini salad with sun-dried tomatoes recipe can be enjoyed warm, right after making it or cold. I appreciate both and I know you'll love this side dish.
- If you get only very dry tomatoes, then you'll be obliged to let this dish marinate to soften the tomatoes.
Now open your eyes, it's time for you to make this quick & simple deliciousness, enjoy your zucchini salad.
Do you have any questions? feel free to ask me. However, don't forget to comment, I'd love reading how you made your zucchini salad.
Life doesn't always go as we expect, however, if you're flexible enough, you'll find it easy to meander through.
I love you, Githu.
Get more zucchini healthy recipe
- Spicy carrot & zucchini pasta
- Healthy vegetable stir fry recipe
- Coconut sautéed zucchini with buckwheat
- Zucchini oatmeal smoothie health breakfast
Zucchini salad with sun-dried tomatoes
- Mandoline or a sharp chef knife
- Chopping board
Quick zucchini with sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- a small thumb of fresh ginger
- 1 medium zucchini
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- a few sun-dried tomatoes
- pinch of salt
- ½ tablespoon cold-pressed olive oil
- Dice the ginger & garlic, bell pepper, and sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut finely the zucchini using a mandoline or a very sharp chef knife about 1-2 mm
- Heat a large pan and using a baking brush spread the oil evenly.
- Arrange the zucchini circles very closely, see the photo
- Let them cook covered for 3 mins at medium-high heat
- Using a spatula, flop the zucchini on the other side. You can't flop them all at once, or a few at a time
- Let them cook covered for 2 mins, transfer them into a serving bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the salt in the bowl and mix gently.
- You can opt to eat this side dish immediately or let it marinate for some time
- Taste before adding salt as sun-dried tomatoes are in most cases already salted
- Feel free to season it if you desire, but we do not find the need to
- Enjoy this recipe and please do share it out, thank you in advance.