Some days you just need a simple and quick zucchini recipe. Coconut sauteed zucchini with buckwheat is a very simple and easy recipe to bring together in a few minutes. Spiced with turmeric and slightly cooked in coconut milk, this zucchini recipe will soon be your go for simple recipes.
My dear friend, it's cold for late May, I can't believe we still have our winter jackets on! This coconut sauteed zucchini with buckwheat is just perfect at this moment. Something spicy and comforting as you dream for summer hahaha.
There are many ways to cook zucchini, and I have simple zucchini recipes in this blog that you'll love for their simplicity and deliciousness.
Zucchini doesn't need to be dressed in velvet, it's a simple veggie that tastes awesomely good on its own. The best tip is to not over cook zucchini. Let it be crunchy, you'll love it.
This zucchini sauteed is made with turmeric, ginger, and garlic to make it a healing sidedish that can help you combat various diseases including colds. It's a sweet-spicy sidedish that goes well with buckwheat.
Turmeric health benefits
- Turmeric root is the source of curcumin, a polyphenol that has been studied to hold a lot of health benefits to humans whether sick or healthy.
- Curcumin is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Thus making it a spice to include in your diet if you have any kind of inflammation.
- And aging is still kind of low inflammation, so even for healthy people, adding curcumin in your diet will obviously be beneficial to your health.
- I have been using Curcumin and Boswelia supplements, and I drink turmeric tea almost every day. These have helped me stay away from medication and pain.
Zucchini health benefits
- Zucchini or courgette comes with a lot of health benefits. It's loaded with nutrients. It'll provide you with Vitamin A, C, Folate, B6, and Thiamine. Minerals like Potassium, Manganese, Magnesium, and Copper among others.
- Zucchini has been used in traditional medicine to treat colds and ease the pain.
- It has antioxidant, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antimicrobial and analgesic activities.
- Lutein, Zeaxanthin, and Beta-carotene are abundant antioxidants in zucchini.
- Zucchini can help in weight management, in improving digestion, in reducing blood sugar levels, in slowing the aging process, improving eye health, supporting healthy heart through healthy blood circulation, and boosting energy.
Buckwheat health benefits
- It's a mineral-dense seed. You'll get, Manganese, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Niacin, Copper, Zinc Iron, and Selenium.
- It's a good source of plant proteins.
- Studies have suggested that buckwheat due to its fiber and antioxidants can lower the risks of Cardio Vascular Disease.
You can substitute buckwheat with any grain of your choice, but if you can get your hands on a packet of buckwheat, it will be so nice. It has a texture that's soft and a nutty flavor.
Have you ever tried buckwheat? how did you find it?
please leave your comments here below. And do subscribe so that you can have more healthy recipes. Thank you for reading.
Talk to you soon. I Love you, Githu.
Here I've put some recipes with zucchini for you
- Zucchini salad with sun-dried tomatoes
- Spicy carrots & zucchini pasta
- vegan grated vegetable galette
- Savory flourless zucchini pancakes
- Zucchini oatmeal smoothie healthy breakfast
Coconut sauteed zicchini with buckwheat
Turmeric Zucchini stew
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb fresh ginger
- 1 a piece of fresh turmeric root
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini
- ½ cup coconut cream or cream of your choice
- pinch of salt & pepper
- fresh herbs of your choice
- 1 cup dry buckwheat groats
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Turmeric Zucchini stew
- In a medium size saucepan, bring diced garlic, ginger, & turmeric place it on a medium-low heat and cover.
- Dice the onions and add them in the saucepan, stir and cover. Bring heat to medium high and let them about 2 mins cook as you...
- Dice thinly the zucchini after having cleaned them.
- Stir the onions and add the olive oil, stir again. cover for 1-2 minutes as you finish with zucchini.
- Bring in the zucchini and combine everything well. Cook them for about 7 min stirring now and then
- Add salt, pepper and coconut cream. Mix gently and let the cream start to boil then cut off the heat
- Add fresh herbs of your choice, I opted for cilantro and chive in this recipe.
- Get the lemon zest by grating the skin with a vegetable peeler (optional)
- Squeeze the lemon juice and stir together before serving. Serve with buckwheat or quinoa, or rice.
- Garnish with the lemon zest. Enjoy your sautéed zucchini.
- Please do share and pin this recipe. Thank you in advance, kiss.
- Boil 2 cups of water.
- Rinse the buckwheat.
- Place a saucepan on high heat and put the rinsed buckwheat and add salt.
- Pour the boiling water and stir well. Cover.
- Let the buckwheat pick up boiling, after 5 mins of boiling, lower the heat to medium.
- After 10 mins, low the heat to medium-low and let all the water be absorbed.
- Put of the heat, add the olive oil all around and cover.
- Serve hot, warm or cold, buckwheat is so delicious you eat it at any meal.