This mango salad is super delicious with just a few fresh ingredients tossed together with oregano-olive oil vinaigrette.
Add a well-ripened mango into your salad, and my dear friend, you'll not be disappointed! Mango makes almost everything deliciously good, don't you agree?
Today's salad recipe mixes seasonal ingredients creating a balance between mango's sweetness and radishes' peppery flavor.
Radishes are in season here, and I want us to eat as much as possible! These little veggies are a powerhouse of health benefits that boost your immune system. They're potent detoxifiers, have cancer-preventing properties, and are diuretics.
But eating radishes all by themselves seems hard labor for my kids and me, so I guess it is with many people! To make radishes enjoyable, consider adding fruits to your radish salad.
I've been making this radish mango salad for a while now, and I can tell you, it's worth sharing. It's a simple salad recipe, yet nourishing and super delicious.
What you'll need to make this mango salad
- 3-4 different types of radishes; it'll be fantastic if you can get different kinds of radishes.
- Radish greens; get the freshest you can get. Radish greens have more nutrients than their roots.
- Butter lettuce; get one of your choice. Lettuce is a great source of fiber that make this mango salad satisfying on its own.
- Apples will add crunchiness as opposed to mango, increasing texture and sweetness.
- A well-ripened mango; I do insist on this point! It will not yield a sweet-delicious mango salad if your mango isn't ripe into yellow! But it should not be overly ripped.
- Fresh ginger to spice up this salad
- Avocado adds creaminess and healthy fats.
- Nutritional yeast; offers you some vitamin B(s) while adding a cheesy flavor to your salad.
- Salad vinaigrette; toss this beautiful salad into deliciousness with oregano-olive oil vinaigrette.
For the nutritional yeast, leave it out if you have issues with molds or yeast infections. There's controversial information on nutritional yeast out there that I'll not tackle in this post. Please fill free to use it or not.
While you can make this salad in advance, I'd suggest you leave the avocado and radish greens aside and only combine them with the rest of the salad when you're about to serve it.
The same thing applies to the vinaigrette.
Avocado will oxides unless you add lemon. But lemon and vinaigrette will soften the butter lettuce (by breaking the cell wall) if left for long. As for the radish greens, they wilt too fast when mixed with wet ingredients, even water!
I hope you'll enjoy chewing this salad as we do. If you are not a fan of radishes, just use a few to reap their benefits, little is always better than none!
If you make this mango salad, please let me know by commenting here below or tagging foodnheal on your photos. Share this salad by pressing on the sharing buttons. Many blessings.
I send you my love, Githu.
Check out these super healthy salads.
- Spicy arugula salad with fennels and goji berries
- Chickpea salad recipe
- Watermelon salad with pumpkin flowers
Radish mango salad with nutritional yeast
- A chopping board
- a kitchen knife
- A vegetable peeler
- Salad spoons
- a jar with a lid
- 6-8 different types of radishes with their greens
- ½ butter lettuce
- 1 well ripped mango
- 2 apples (optional)
- 1 avocado
- a small thumb of fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Start with oregano vinaigrette
- Mix all the ingredients in a small jar, close the jar and shake it thoroughly.
- Set aside.
- Clean the vegetables and fruits
- Separate the lettuce leaves. If they're big, cut them into halves and put them in a salad bowl
- Use a vegetable peeler to thinly slice the radishes
- Prepare the radish greens by cutting off their stems
- Cut apples and the mango into small bites.
- Use the grater to grate the ginger root
- Cut the avocado into two, remove the seed, then cut the flesh into pieces
- Put all the ingredients in the salad bowl, sprinkle with nutritional yeast
- Pour generously the oregano vinaigrette on top
- Toss the salad together using the salad spoons