This garlic homemade tomato soup is perfect to use summer fresh tomatoes. Deliciously spiced with garlic & herbs it's a simple & very sweet tomato soup recipe. Fry tomatoes in herbs & garlic to make this delicious tomato soup. Follow the step by step images as guidance
This garlic & herbs whole fried tomatoes soup is coming to rescue you from all those ripe tomatoes you have and you-don't-know-what-to-do-with-them…
Hi gal, have you ever had a bag of ripe tomatoes and you couldn't just eat another fresh tomato salad? Supposedly you've a garden, and it's tomato season or a friend offers you a bag of very ripe tomatoes?
In my case, a farmer in my market is selling these red goodies at a throw-away price, and while I would've loved to eat them in a salad, they were many, and again we've been on salads for a while now!
Besides, they've kinda a hard skin, which makes them hard to chew especially for my darling baby girl.
The other evening I was staring at these tomatoes not quite knowing what to do with them, thought of sharing with my neighbor crossed my mind, while the aspect of them made me change my mind…
So, I walked to the kitchen and picked a large saucepan, I cleaned the tomatoes and put them in the saucepan, turned on the heat before adding a cup of water.
I started adding one ingredient at a time, not really having any idea what I was making. But I knew the end result will be sweet… since tomatoes are always sweet, aren't they?
It was a hot evening, so I opted for slow cooking… a thought came in, I covered them with water!
The garlic homemade tomato soup was born, and the end results were fabulously delicious.
I couldn't wait to share this with you, I was so so excited, so on the next market day, I picked another bag.
This time I fried the garlic and herbs before adding the tomatoes and gal! this is THE PERFECT recipe to use all those tomatoes you have if of course you are done with eating tomato salad every day!
Garlic homemade tomato soup is perfect for busy weeknight dinner as you will store this tomato soup for days in your fridge and you just have to warm them and serve with whatever you have like pasta, rice, potatoes, quinoa…
The best part with this garlic & herbs whole fried tomato soup recipe is you just have to leave them to cook slowly as you attend your other duties.
Do you have a slow cooker? perfect, you hit the jackpot lol! You'll fall in love with this recipe for it's
- No cooking skills required
- No need to check on the cooking
- It's super delicious
How to make homemade tomato soup
I used dry herbs, Gal, always store some spices dry herbs they can turn a simple dish into a little heaven…
- I have put fennel and cumin seeds, oregano, basil, and bay dry leaves, 8 roughly diced garlic cloves, fresh ginger, salt, sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, and olive oil.
- The magic happens when you let the dry herbs, seed, and garlic cook for a while.
- I always start with cooking the seeds and dry herbs in dry heat, meaning, I put them in a saucepan and let them cook for 4-5 mins on medium-low heat without oil, I then add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 more mins then I add oil.
- Let the garlic fry and become crispy, it release the aroma and flavor that will fill your kitchen, and that's when you know, "this is gonna be sweet"!
- Now add your whole tomatoes.
- Cover with water, after the boiling takes place, cook for 45 mins or for an hour
Are tomatoes good for you?
Considered as nightshade, and hence pro-inflammatory by some, tomatoes are good for your health as they contain anti-inflammatory properties.
- Tomatoes contain Lycopene, one of the most potent antioxidants in the carotenoids family. It has anti-cancer properties.
- Eating tomatoes especially cooked has shown to be associated with a decreased risk of chronic diseases, such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Cooking tomatoes increases Lycopene bioavailability.
BUT, if you feel that after eating tomatoes you have joint pain or other sought of inflammation for that matter, then it's better to keep off from tomatoes.
Otherwise, embrace and eat a lot of these goodies as they're sweet and will obviously in a way or the other improve your health.
Kissing you bye for now, knowing that you've at least an idea of what you can do with all those tomatoes in your kitchen or garden.
Subscribe if you haven't yet, and share this recipe to help others too…
Garlic homemade tomato soup
- Large saucepan
Garlic & herbs whole fried tomatoes soup
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp black cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp oregano dry leaves
- 1 tbsp basil dry leaves
- 3 bay dry leaves
- 6 roughly diced cloves of garlic
- piece of ginger
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika (sweet or smoked)
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1-2 kg medium-size ripe tomatoes
- pinch of salt
- Place a large saucepan on a heat source at medium heat and add the seeds and dry leave for about 5 mins
- Meanwhile, dice the garlic and ginger
- Add the ginger & garlic in the saucepan and stir, cover and let these heat for 2 mins
- Add the oil and stir again well, cover and let the garlic become crispy without burning...
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper as well as with paprika stir and cover for 1 min
- Bring in cleaned whole tomatoes, stir, and cover for 3-5 mins
- Add salt and then cover the tomatoes with water.
- Increase the heat till the tomatoes start boiling
- Let the tomatoes boil for about 5 mins, then low the heat. Cook for at least 45 min to 1 hour.
- The tomatoes should remain whole but cooked.
- Serve hot, warm or cold with rice, pasta, bread, quinoa etc...
- 7Store the remaining in your fridge in a tightly closed jar for up to 7-10 days.....
- Share and pin this recipe, thank you.