Looking for a light, healthy, and filling breakfast? This fruit salad is the best breakfast for weight loss. It's low in calories, high in nutrients, and loaded with antioxidants to help boost your immune system
You're already asking yourself, can a bowl of fruit salad be filling?
Yes, it's low in calories but has dietary fiber with addition to proteins from both chia & basil seeds that will leave you satiated for hours.
Besides being loaded with healthy nutrients, chia & basil seeds will swell (become gelatinous) when soaked in liquids thus increasing their volume. This makes them the best seeds to use when you want to have the best breakfast for weight loss.
All I can confide is...
You're really in for a treat with this weight loss breakfast combo! This has become my breakfast to go for lately. Citrus fruits are in seasons, so enjoying this weight loss breakfast is one way to eat lots of citrus fruits to boost the immune system.
Let me break this weight loss breakfast down for you.
When I first saw them in an Indian shop, I didn't hesitate. I had one thing in mind; to spice up my dishes. I adore basil leaves, and getting the mother was like winning a jackpot! So once at home, I poured a spoonful of basil seeds in my cooking veggies dish! and guess what! This isn't a spice lol. It didn't add any flavor.
- Basil seeds are high in proteins, fiber, Iron, Potassium, Manganese, Magnesium, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, and Calcium.
- Eugenol, the essential oil in basil seeds has anti-inflammatory properties. These seeds also have polyphenolic flavonoids especially Orientin and Vicenin, which are antioxidants.
- Among other health benefits, basil seeds are used for treating diabetes, for relieving cold, as a coolant; by lowering the body temperature, for constipation, and in rheumatoid arthritis.
- They're perfect for weight loss as they'll swell when soaked. This makes you eat less while you feel satisfied
What's funny with the internet is how fast something can become popular! just a few years back, we hardly knew there was chia. And boom! They became a superfood that-you-must-have, otherwise, you are ain't eating really super
- But here is the thing. Chia seeds are nutritious as they're high in fiber and loaded with proteins. They will give you vitamins B1, B2, and B3. They've high Calcium than milk. They contain Boron, which with Calcium will help your bones to be solid.
- They're superfood because like Flaxseed they've got a high value of Essential Fatty Acids. Actually, they hold high Omega 3 than Salmon!
- Essential Fatty Acids help in building your cell's membrane. They'll give you energy, help transport oxygen in your body. They're going to repair your skin and breaking nails, I don't know for you but gal, I always had breaking nails when I was on RA medication.
- Essential Fatty Acids modulate inflammation in your body and they increase overall health.
Weight loss breakfast, a powerhouse of antioxidants
- You already know that citrus will give you a lot of vitamin C, which will boost your immune system. But did you know that citrus fruits will help you fight inflammation?
- Hesperidin and Naringenin are flavonoids found in both oranges and grapefruits.
- They both have various pharmacological effects in our bodies.
- They're known to reduce inflammation and help in various disorders such as neurological, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, metabolic, and rheumatological.
- Naringenin can repair DNA. It also reduces constipation and ameliorates colon damage in a study done on mice, thus it can really be useful in inflammatory bowel diseases that can come along with RA.
What Nutrition is in this breakfast for weight loss
Here's what you'll get:
- lots of vitamins and minerals,
- boost to your metabolism and immune system.
- reduced inflammation,
- plenty of antioxidants,
- support to your digestion. In other words, fighting constipation, which is common with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- lots of fiber, proteins, and most importantly, the Essential Fatty Acids.
- You'll be able to manage your weight loss if you take this weight loss breakfast often
Well, dear, I am glad that I am leaving you in the good company of this breakfast for weight loss. I'm hoping it will leave you full of nutrients that'll help you fight any sensitivities or inflammation.
I'd love to read your comments. Have you ever had citrus for breakfast? Which is your favorite citrus fruit?
With love, Githu.
Find more healthy breakfast here
- Black rice recipe with raspberries for breakfast
- Healthy millet breakfast with peaches
- Zucchini oatmeal smoothie healthy breakfast
- Dark chocolate quinoa breakfast bowl
- Sweet quinoa breakfast bowl
- Millet recipe with spiced beets
- Overnight millet recipe with rhubarb & strawberry
- The best healthy low-carb apple crisp recipe
- Vegan overnight oats with persimmon fruit
- Baked potatoes breakfast with red fruits
- Crunchy caramelized buckwheat groats
- Weight loss avocado smoothie
- Toasted overnight oats healthy breakfast with mango
Best breakfast for weight loss
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp basil seeds (get them in Indian shops)
- 1 lemon
- 4 oranges
- 1 grapefruit
- In a bowl add both chia and basil seed and stir them together.
- Take two oranges, and the lemon, squeeze out their juices and pour it on the seed, stir well. Let them stand for 8 minutes.
- During that time, get the supreme from the remaining oranges and grapefruit
- Squeeze out the juice from the membranes and pour it into the chia-basil mixture, and stir.
- Distribute the supremes in the bowl, press them down into the seeds mixture.
- You can add some more seeds if you like it crunchy.
- Have a beautiful breakfast that will take you the whole morning.
- Love, you.