Make this overnight millet with rhubarb-strawberry for your breakfast that's nutritious, healthy and delicious. Soak your millet overnight in orange juice to make this millet recipe simple for a busy morning.
We've adopted pearl millet, and I think you should too, this overnight millet recipe with rhubarb is a proof of how millet can be delicious and versatile.
I've found out that going gluten-free opened a diversity of possibilities for me, especially for breakfast. Millet recipes are very easy to integrate into your gluten-free diet as millet can go with almost everything.
You'll appreciate this millet recipe for breakfast as it's loaded with vitamin C which will boost your immune system to make you vigorous the whole day. Millet is high in iron and dietary fiber that will nourish you the whole morning without any need of snacking
How to make this millet recipe for breakfast
- First, you need to cook your millet it's easy, you'll see.
- Then you can make a rhubarb strawberries chutney even out of the season by using frozen rhubarb & strawberries.
- Press some oranges.
- Once the millet has cooled, put it in a breakfast jar/bowl and pour the orange on it.
- Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning take out the overnight millet from the fridge and let it stand to for about 20 mins.
- press another fresh orange juice and pour it on the millet, mix it up
- top with rhubarb-strawberry chutney.
- Enjoy your overnight millet with chutney.
Overnight millet breakfast is totally sugar-free, gluten-free and it's vegan. You can add some maple syrup or other natural sweeteners, but avoid too much sugar though!
Millet health benefits
- Millet is a good source of protein, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorous, Magnesium, and Calcium and also vitamin A.
- It's a perfect food when dealing with anemia.
- Since millet is low in the Glycemic Index (the level of sugar in the blood after consuming a given type of food) it helps manage diabetes.
- Pearl millet, rhubarb, strawberries and apples all have dietary fiber that will help in improving your digestion as well as feeding your intestinal microbiome.
They're all anticancer and anti-inflammatory food, plus vitamin C from the orange, making this millet breakfast a powerhouse with healing nutrients.
I am going to leave you now, remember, the power of healing is in each small step you make to improve your health, and this bowl of millet and chutney is just one step to healing.
My love to you, Githu.
Get more healthy breakfast here
- Best breakfast for weight loss
- Weight loss avocado smoothie
- Black rice recipe with raspberries for breakfast
- Toasted overnight oats healthy breakfast with mango
- Crunchy caramelized buckwheat groats
- Millet breakfast with spiced beets
- Dark chocolate quinoa breakfast bowl
- The best healthy low carb apple crisp
- Baked potatoes breakfast with red fruits
- Healthy millet breakfast with peaches
- Fluffy vegan pancakes with red lentils
- Very healthy oatmeal pancakes recipe
- Healthy homemade gluten-free bread
- Healthy cucumber blueberry smoothie
- Zucchini oatmeal smoothie healthy breakfast
Overnight millet recipe with rhubarb-strawberry
Overnight millet breakfast with rhubarb chutney
- 2 cups cooked millet
- 1 cup rhubarb strawberry chutney
- 1 tbsp olive/coconut oil
- 3-4 oranges
- some fresh strawberries to top (optional)
- In a medium bowl mix millet with oil and mix well... see how to cook millet
- Squeeze the orange juice and pour it over millet and combien gently
- Cover the bowl and reserve it in the fridge overnight or for 20 mins
- In the morning remove the orange-millet together with the chutney from the fridge and let ithem stand for about 20 mins if you don't like very cold food, if not serve immediately
- Add some freshly squeezed orange juice for more vitamin C and mix well
- Serve the orange millet into individual bowls
- Add some fresh strawberries if you have (optional)
- Add sweetener of your choice
- Enjoy this millet breakfast and remember to subscribe for more healthy recipes
- Please tell others about this delicious millet recipe by sharing