This gut health carrot soup recipe guarantees to be easy and tasty! It's remarkably creamy with no cream, refreshing, and satisfying. It's essential for your gut health!
Hi, my dear friend, I believe you've been blessed today with amazing things in your life, and one of them is being here today!
Today, I'm sharing with you this luxuriously delicious creamy carrot soup! It's a remarkable gut healing soup that's easy to make while it's budget-friendly, saving you both time and money!
You might know by now that all diseases start with inflammation of the gut and that to heal, you need to start by healing your gut!
I created this carrot soup for myself, and it has proven to be very calming when I experience poor digestion or when sometimes my allergies surface with the Spring season.
My allergies reduce instantly once on this soup. If you're having allergies or skin reactions, consider using this food allergy book log that I've created for you. Buy your copy here.
What causes poor gut health?
There're many reasons why you can experience poor gut health!
- Poor digestion, due to lack of proper chewing, lack of enough stomach acid, or not having digestive enzymes.
- Poor food absorption.
- Having an imbalance in the gut microbiome.
- Small intestine permeability (torn of the small intestinal lining, thus allowing food particles in the bloodstream).
- Lack of dietary fiber in your diet.
- Lots of stress, etc...
Signs of poor gut health
Signs of poor gut health vary from one person to another due to the different causes, below is a list of some signs that indicate that you're having poor health in the gut:
- Digestive issues like bloating, too much gas, constipation, diarrhea, heartburn,
- Autoimmune diseases, eg. rheumatoid arthritis, thyroid problems, lupus, etc...
- Skin issues like acne, eczema, and rosacea.
- Sleep problems,
- Mood disorders like depression or anxiety,
- Sugar cravings,
- Use of antibiotics,
- Frequent migraines,
Is soup good for gut health?
This carrot soup is one of the best gut soothing recipes! I don't mean it's the only soup to eat, lol.
However, eating a slow-cooked soup and/or a healthy smoothie is a great way to heal your gut. This is because you lift off the digestion process that demands your body a lot of energy, as you feed your body cells with the rich nutrients.
When on a gut-healing diet, avoid hot spices that can be irritants to the gut lining. However, use ginger and turmeric, both of which have healing properties.
I prefer them when fresh to powder form because roots have all their properties plus the essential oils compared to grounded ginger/turmeric which, has no essential oils and has lost some of their properties!
Carrot soup ingredients
For this remarkable carrot soup, you'll need
- Carrot; is high in dietary fiber which is easily digested, and quickly fermented by gut bacteria without causing gas.
- Fresh ginger; is known for soothing gut issues, it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidants that have shown to relieve gut inflammation.
- Fresh turmeric; contains curcumin which possesses anti-inflammatory properties that can be beneficial in case of gut inflammation eg. inflammatory bowel disease.
- Apples: they have pectin (a fiber) which is easily released when apples are cooked. Pectin can help repair the gut lining in case of a leaky gut.
- Green onions/scallions; belong to the onion family which is high in inulin, a prebiotic fiber beneficial to your gut microbiome and can stimulate bowel movements. However, onion bulbs might cause gas, that's why I recommend using only green onions.
- Parsley; it's rich in antioxidants that can help reduce inflammation and improve digestion by reducing gas and bloating. Parsley flavonoids have a remarkable regulatory effect on the gut microbiota imbalance.
This light and healthy, luxuriously creamy carrot soup is a remarkable gut healing soup that can help you in your healing journey! Make it quite often, and if you are severely ill, make this carrot every day for at least ten days.
Keep eating healthy nutrient-dense food to heal and always remember,
you've the power to heal yourself, Githu.
You must make these healthy soups
- Vegan roasted butternut squash soup with sweet potato
- Simple & hearty chickpea soup
- Vegan chunky potato leek soup
A remarkable gut health carrot soup recipe
- saucepan with a lid
- 4 medium carrots
- a piece of fresh ginger
- a fresh turmeric root
- 3 mixed apples
- 1 cup scallions/green onions (only the leaves)
- a handful of parsley
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups hot water/broth
- 2 tablespoon cold-pressed olive oil
- Clean all the veggies and apples
- Cut carrots into pieces, the size doesn't matter, but small will cook fast
- Cut both ginger and turmeric into pieces
- In a saucepan, put the cut carrots with ginger & turmeric, add a spoon of olive oil
- Cook on a mederate-high heat, stirring now and then, add salt, cover
- After 4 minutes, cover the carrots with boiling water or broth
- Bring to boil and simmer covered for 7 minutes
- During that time chop the apples. Don't peel them
- Add the apples to the carrots and cook covered till the carrots are tender
- Meanwhile, chop the scallions and parsley
- Cut off the heat, put the scallions, and stir, allow the food to cool a little
- In a blender put the parsley then the cooked food, blend starting with low speed then increase the speed gradually. Add the remaining olive oil as you blend
- Taste before serving to check on the salt. Enjoy while still hot.
- You can leave some parsley to top the soup once served.
- Thank you for being here, please do share by using the sharing button.
- When on a gut health healing diet, try all you can to buy either organic or healthy grown produce! I, for instance, buy fresh produce from local farmers who use no chemicals in their farms, although they aren't labeled "organic" because it's a cumbersome process here in France!
- In this case, no need of peeling your veggies and fruits, peels are a source of healthy nutrients and dietary fiber.