Losing weight rhymes with eating healthy, this weight loss vegetable soup is full of good nutrients leaving you satisfied and is low in glycemic index
This vegetable soup features sweet potato, leeks, sunchokes, fresh turmeric, and ginger, a perfect soup for weight loss and for soothing your body.
I created this vegetable soup with sunchoke with you in mind, in case you overdid with high fat, high sugar, and high sodium foods during Xmas and the end of the year's holidays!
This weight loss soup is perfect for your body as it's high in nutrients and low in carbs. It's flavorful packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
It's a weight loss vegetable soup that will keep you full for hours without the need of you adding something else in it.
Weight loss soup will aid your digestion as your body works on the holiday meals.
Are soups a good way to lose weight?
Absolutely, vegetable soups especially are perfect for weight loss when they're made healthy and simple. Rich in nutrients and fibre that will nourish your body, they're mostly less in calories.
Well, like with most vegetables, this weight loss vegetable soup has a lot of good nutrients. I particularly chose these veggies so that you can get the best of their nutrients.
- After the end of the year holidays, you need potassium if you indulged in salty food.
- Potassium will regulate the sodium in the body. Sunchokes and sweet potato will provide you with enough potassium.
- This vegetable soup is low in the glycemic index, making it perfect for weight loss.
- Lots of high sugary food somehow end up killing the good bacteria in your gut. This vegetable soup is full of dietary fiber that will feed your good bacteria thus increasing their amount.
- This weight loss soup is also low in carbohydrates, the sunchokes ( also known as Jerusalem artichoke) are not digested by our bodies, so their carbs go directly to your gut microbiome which will break them for food.
You'll love this weight loss soup as it's easy to make, really you don't have to stir up the vegetables. Just let them simmer on their own and you'll have a delicious vegetable soup to enjoy.
Turmeric in this vegetable soup will help you reduce inflammation while ginger will improve your digestion.
Grab this weight loss vegetable soup recipe and include it in your weight loss meal plan. You can store this vegetable soup in the fridge for up to 4 days.
It's one of the simple soup recipes that you can get out there. Besides, it's one of the healthiest soups.
How to prepare leeks for this weight loss vegetable soup
It can be difficult to deal with leeks as they come with a lot of dirt!
If grown organically, and they are fresh, then you don't worry about eating some clean soil.
For this weight loss soup, choose rather young leeks, they're thin and long with less green leaves.
Chop off the top greens and the base, keep them for a homemade vegetable broth.
Clean the leeks and cut small pieces diagonally. If you want them to maintain their shape like in the photos, then don't manipulate them.
Are vegetable skin healthy?
Vegetable skins are very healthy and sometimes hold most nutrients of a given plant. So consider eating the peels or making vegetable broths with them
In this recipe you don't have to peel the sunchoke, clean them well to remove sand.
For the sweet potato, it depends on how the skin looks like.
Fresh sweet potatoes have clean skin that is edible. However, if you get like the one in the photo, it's better to peel it off and add it to your vegetable broth.
I am looking forward to reading how you find this weight loss vegetable soup. Have you used sunchoke before? Leave me your comment.
A very happy and blessed New Year to you. I love you, Githu.
Weight loss vegetable soup
- 1 small sweet potato (about a cup when chopped)
- 3 medium-thin leeks
- 4 small red onions or 2 medium
- 4 pieces of sunchokes
- 3 clove of garlic
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger
- 1 fresh turmeric
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- salt and black pepper
- ½ teaspoon mustard sauce with seeds (optional)
- Start by cleaning all your vegetables
- Cut the leeks diagonally into small pieces
- Cut the other vegetables into small bite-size pieces
- Grate the garlic, ginger, and turmeric
- Bring everything in a saucepan and add the vegetable broth
- Bring to a boiling point and then low the heat to medium and simmer for about 15-20 mins
- Add salt, pepper and mustard seed if you are using it
- Let the vegetable soup cool before serving
- Enjoy your soup. Thank you for pinning this recipe, share it out too.