Discover the remarkable health benefits of hemp seeds in this raspberry smoothie. Hemps seeds are high in omega 6 & 3, making this raspberry smoothie perfect for fighting anti-inflammation and more...
This raspberry smoothie is refreshing, satisfying, and perfect for enjoying on warm and hot days.
Making healthy smoothies is more challenging than it may seem. Finding the best balance between sugar, creaminess, taste, and texture takes a little bit of time!
I love making smoothies, and I confess that sometimes my mixes don't look or taste that great, but I convince myself that they are healthy, so I drink them.
But here is a perfect raspberry smoothie that I'm so happy to share with you. I hope you'll love it as I do because it's delicious and nourishing.
Unlike other raspberry smoothies out there that are high in sugar, this recipe is created to feed your body with healthy ingredients without raising your blood sugar.
This nutritious smoothie blends strawberries, silken tofu, purslane, hemp hearts, dates, fresh ginger, lemon, and almond butter. I bet you'll love it.
Do you often get confused about the hemp plant, wondering whether it is good for your health or even legal?
Hempseeds come from Cannabis sativa L., possibly one of the oldest plants cultivated by man. However, there're 2 main types of Cannabis Sativa L.,
- The marijuana/marihuana/cannabis plant with 20% concentrations of THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), the psychoactive molecule that makes people feel high.
- The industrial hemp that has less than 0.3% delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol.
This post refers to the industrial hemp plant. Industrial hemp is legal and has several health benefits if consumed on a healthy diet.
Remarkable hemp benefits
- Hempseeds are particularly an excellent source of omega-6 with a good amount of omega-3 fatty acids.
- They can improve cardiovascular health because of the high amount of essential fatty acids (omega 3 & 6).
- These seeds are high in easy-to-digest proteins with good content of essential amino acids. They have about 20-25% proteins in 100 grams. The protein content can increase when raw hempseeds are processed to remove skin and extract oil.
- Hempseeds are rich in dietary fiber, especially insoluble fiber, which helps with motility and reduces constipation. Fiber is what feeds your gut microbiome, which then promotes your health.
- There's a relatively high amount of minerals like phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, and iron, with lower trace minerals like copper and zinc in hempseeds.
- Potassium, the most abundant mineral in hempseeds, can reduce the risk of high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease when the potassium-sodium ratio is observed.
- Hempseeds are an excellent source of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, D, and E.
- Hempseeds particularly contain a high amount of arginine, an amino acid that helps in the production of nitric oxide (NO). NO increases blood flow by relaxing blood vessels. It also acts as a messenger, transmitting cellular signals (communication) to the immune, nervous, and cardiovascular systems.
- Regular consumption of hempseeds can lower total cholesterol.
- Hempseed oil can help improve the symptoms of atopic dermatitis when ingested because it increases levels of essential fatty acids.
- Hempseeds are rich in polyphenols with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and neuroprotective properties.
Hempseeds are generally consumed hulled (no skin), but you can also eat whole hempseeds though they're hard to chew. Add them to your baking to better appreciate them.
This raspberry smoothie has a smooth texture, and you can either make it dense or runny to drink with a straw.
You've got the power to heal yourself, Githu.
Get more healthy smoothies
Remarkable raspberry smoothie
- kitchen knife
- 100 g silken tofu or plain yogurt
- a small piece of ginger
- 2-3 pitted Medjool dates
- a handful of fresh purslane or spinach/kale
- 3 tablespoon hemp hearts
- ½ lemon squeezed
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 cups cold water
- Clean the purslane or the greens that you are using
- Put all the ingredients in a high-speed blender except the strawberries and blend
- Add frozen strawberries and blend into smoothie.
- Serve immediately
- Use the sharing buttons to pin & share this recipe. Thank you.